~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OF COURSE one of them is Kirk Cousins.

Have you had any conversations directly just with Kirk On this thing?

To which a somewhat exasperated Zimmer replied:

Not really, I haven’t talked to him not about whether he should or shouldn’t get vaccinated I’ve talked to him about some of the protocols which he doesn’t believe in

Zimmer went on to say his response to that is Kirk should be talking to the league’s and his own doctors, but “doesn’t believe in” could be a big deal.

I can definitely think of one protocol Kirk believes in:

• Haha 1

Police really are the softest of snow flakes, aren't they? Someone says "hey, maybe stop shooting black teenagers" and what do they do? Threaten to quit. Someone else says "hey, maybe don't shoot protestors in the face with rubber bullets?" and they threaten to quit.  A cop actually gets punished for murdering someone, and what do they do? Threaten to quit. "Hey take this life-saving medicine that will save your life!" Waa waa waa, threaten to quit.

For dudes who love to run around with the Punisher logo on everything they own, they sure soil their diapers a lot.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, Nokra said:

My anti-vax aunt and two uncles all tested positive for COVID. 

Fry_shocked.gif

They're seemingly doing ok for now but my one uncle has emphysema (smoked for 30+ years, quit maybe a decade ago) and is apparently really feeling it. :/ Maybe they'll start taking this more seriously, but I doubt it.  My grandma is also often around them but at least she's vaccinated. 

Today I learned that one uncle was already having symptoms when he decided to go out to get supplies to help out the other uncle, so he went to at least one store knowing he had COVID symptoms.  :facepalm: 

Moderna-related news:

5RBILSSWBJKZDLQ4JWM2JJ5BD4.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) said on Thursday its COVID-19 shot was about 93% effective through six months after the second dose, showing hardly any change from the 94% efficacy reported in its original clinical trial.

106885894-1621514984317-gettyimages-1232
WWW.CNBC.COM

Moderna said its Covid-19 vaccine booster shot produced a "robust" antibody response against the highly contagious delta variant.

• Thanks 1

6d65be3052bdd08ea675de351e9f3468bcf4516d
WWW.VOANEWS.COM

Crowds of bikers are rumbling their way toward South Dakota's Black Hills this week, raising fears that COVID-19 infections will be unleashed among the 700,000 people expected to show up at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.  The rally, which starts Friday, has become a haven for those eager to escape coronavirus precautions. Last year, the rally hardly slowed down...

:SARS-CoV-2:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Moderna-related news:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) said on Thursday its COVID-19 shot was about 93% effective through six months after the second dose, showing hardly any change from the 94% efficacy reported in its original clinical trial.

WWW.CNBC.COM

Moderna said its Covid-19 vaccine booster shot produced a "robust" antibody response against the highly contagious delta variant.

Line me up for a fourth shot baby.

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Moderna-related news:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

WWW.CNBC.COM

lol yet they are also saying today they everyone should get a third booster before winter this year.

Realistically I think that the mRNA vaccines are going to hold up long-term very well, and that the discrepancy in "protection" rates has as much to do with data collection as it does with any change in protection.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Moderna-related news:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

WWW.CNBC.COM

Glad I got Moderna over Pfizer. Seems like the larger mRNA load has provided a longer lasting immune response. 

33 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

9% is pretty significant. And Moderna did have more side effects on the second dose which is why many people chose Pfizer over it.

The second shot kicked my ass for a few days.

There is no effective difference. All the studies we are seeing are from different area of the world with different demographics in different stages of the pandemic. This is why data from Canada and the UK (for Pfizer) put the efficacy at 80-90%, but Israel's showed 65%. This is something that is impossible to study in a perfectly measured and balanced way. The important thing is the trend for both, and that is that both Pfizer and Moderna provide very good protection against infection, and both provide amazing protection against severe illness.

41 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

9% is pretty significant. And Moderna did have more side effects on the second dose which is why many people chose Pfizer over it.

The second shot kicked my ass for a few days.

That also depended on whether you had Covid already or not. I was asymptomatic with my case with just minor headaches and not a big appetite. I had Pfizer for my first shot and kicked my ass for about 4 days with tiredness and aches. My 2nd shot was of Moderna and stung more going in then my Pfizer shot did. Was down for roughly 2 days in comparison to my first shot. I just wonder what kind of coverage a mixed dose of mRNA will give me. Hopefully the best of both worlds, but who knows