~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

*goes on Twitter*

*sees Delta Plus trending*

*thinks maybe it's a new rewards program from Delta and the trending is how funny it is that people think it's COVID related*

*reads what it is*

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

When reading you post I had hope more people got into Gundam. My disappointment when Delta Plus isn't a Federation mobile suit but a new covid variant.

19 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I didn't say that there was. Just stating what was in the few articles I read.

While maybe it's true that his doctor told him that...it's also true that a lot of people claim their doctors are advising against the vaccines for various reasons, even when any competent doctor wouldn't.

Premiers in Canada (with bad COVID outbreaks) have done the exact same thing: blame the federal government for porous borders. While it is a good policy to close borders during a pandemic (with limited exceptions for logistics and supply), in practice it won't make any real difference in the middle of a giant local outbreak. They are just looking to shift the blame to someone else, obviously. Like, Biden closing the border between Florida and Dominican Republic isn't going to stop a 100-person party in Jacksonville where 20 people arrive with COVID.

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Premiers in Canada (with bad COVID outbreaks) have done the exact same thing: blame the federal government for porous borders. While it is a good policy to close borders during a pandemic (with limited exceptions for logistics and supply), in practice it won't make any real difference in the middle of a giant local outbreak. They are just looking to shift the blame to someone else, obviously. Like, Biden closing the border between Florida and Dominican Republic isn't going to stop a 100-person party in Jacksonville where 20 people arrive with COVID.

Closing the borders during the outbreak is akin to closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.  Where it does have a real impact is closing the borders early and keeping them closed.  Australia demonstrated how effective closing borders actually can be(current challenges notwithstanding).

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he competes in this week's WGC-FedEx St. Jude...

"I don't think taking the vaccine away from someone who needs it is a good thing. My dad is a perfect example. He got it [the vaccine] early on because he's a diabetic. People like that need to get it. My mom got it. I don't want to take away that ability."

Bud there is no vaccine shortage

24 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he competes in this week's WGC-FedEx St. Jude...

Bud there is no vaccine shortage

This is why I try to avoid buying fruits and vegetables at the supermarket. I don’t want to take them away from someone who really needs them. I’m pretty much a hero. Please clap.

• Haha 4

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F0819%2Fr417023_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Minnesota Vikings co-owner Mark Wilf is concerned about the impact that vaccine hesitancy is having on the players and the team. The Vikings are currently without quarterbacks Kellen Mond, Kirk Cousins and Nate Stanley -- all on the COVID-19/reserve list.

3/4 QBs have COVID-19.

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F0819%2Fr417023_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Minnesota Vikings co-owner Mark Wilf is concerned about the impact that vaccine hesitancy is having on the players and the team. The Vikings are currently without quarterbacks Kellen Mond, Kirk Cousins and Nate Stanley -- all on the COVID-19/reserve list.

3/4 QBs have COVID-19.

wizard of oz dorothy GIF

WWW.MSN.COM

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia surpassed 100,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, a grim milestone in a country struggling with its worst pandemic wave fueled by the delta variant, amid concerns the actual figure could be much higher. It took 14 months for Indonesia to exceed the 50,000 death mark at the end of May, and just over nine weeks to double it. The Health Ministry recorded 1,747 new deaths of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours,...

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OF COURSE one of them is Kirk Cousins.

Well last year he said he would be willing to die from it or whatever. So it's not much of a surprise.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0316%2Fr679957_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins said he is not worried about the coronavirus. "If I die, I die," he said during a recent interview. "I kind of have peace about that."