~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

It appears the Rt in many of the hotspot states like Florida have either plateaued or began decreasing, which lends credence to the notion from some in the medical community that the delta wave may be further along than previously assumed. Should be one more clear in the next couple of weeks if that is true or not.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It appears the Rt in many of the hotspot states like Florida have either plateaued or began decreasing, which lends credence to the notion from some in the medical community that the delta wave may be further along than previously assumed. Should be one more clear in the next couple of weeks if that is true or not.

Plenty more letters in the Greek alphabet for new variants though!

Between having at least 40% vaxxed even in the most anti-vax states and faster transmissibility meaning it burns through potential hosts faster, I think it makes a lot of sense that there would be a relatively limited amount of time that the wave could last. And it pretty much matches what happened in the UK.

Here's the passage from Isaiah that's on that card

Surely he took up our pain
    and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
    stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.

That clearly means that God got rid of all infectious diseases somewhere between the 8th to 6th Century BCE when the Book of Isiah was written. I defy you to name an alternate explanation.

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

Let’s gooooooo…..to Manhattan and get some eats.

I'm just curious how they're going to get your proof into this NYC vaccination pass app. AFAIK proving vaccination in a state other than the one you're vaxxed in is kind of a clusterfuck if you want something more sophisticated than showing your card.

The administration really fucked up by not at least providing a federal app that cities and states can opt into. There's a bunch of places which obviously won't opt in but at least it'd be consistent among places that do.

But I'm also curious why NYC isn't just using the NYS app and if it's something other than just the usual Cuomo/BdB childish spat nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm just curious how they're going to get your proof into this NYC vaccination pass app. AFAIK proving vaccination in a state other than the one you're vaxxed in is kind of a clusterfuck if you want something more sophisticated than showing your card.

The administration really fucked up by not at least providing a federal app that cities and states can opt into. There's a bunch of places which obviously won't opt in but at least it'd be consistent among places that do.

But I'm also curious why NYC isn't just using the NYS app and if it's something other than just the usual Cuomo/BdB childish spat nonsense.

Isn’t the NYS app the Excelsior pass?

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

An acquaintance of mine did this after getting a Covid infection and I’m so confused

Suppose that we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.