Two sixes that together equal 12

12 months in a year

Those two sixes come first

First of the year is January

January 6

I’m just saying.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Reactionary gen xers are the problem

Nah, its still mostly the 65+ crowd dying, simply because theres still a lot of them unvaccinated and are by far the most vulnerable, on top of the fact they're the most likely to have the vaccines not work as well, though the 50-64 age group is the largest of any single group for deaths last month.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Reactionary gen xers are the problem

More like generation get off my lawn.  It's amazing how so many gen x'ers went from a rebellious, care free youth to becoming intolerant, far right fucks in their mid life.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
20210730130732-610437e1c2510fff02eb9b94j
WWW.THESTAR.COM

TORONTO - Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and ...

Fake Vaccination Card: $40.00

Fines: $20,000.00

Owning the Libs: Priceless

For everything else, there’s master race

• Haha 9

A lot of places here have started requiring masks indoors again.

I should start wearing a t shirt that just says "get vaxd, you fucking fuck." Of everyone that's died from covid recently it's something like what, 99.5% is from people who aren't vaccinated? In america, you can pretty much walk to your local CVS and get a shot. We can do this, just get the fucking shots.

If we lock down again I'll lose my fucking mind.

Like, I understand caution, and not everyone can get vaccinated, especially kids. But I also think we have to understand that covid is just a thing we have to deal with now. It won't go away. Like "10 people got covid in a local town, let's shut the place down" is not a viable long term solution. Get the fucking shot and it won't be a thing we have to live in fear of anymore. It'll just be another disease we deal with, like malaria or zika or whatever.

And I understand how insensitive that is to people who have had serious covid cases after getting the vaccine. I just think we have to get to a point where it's like we LIVE with covid now. It isn't going anywhere. We have to learn to live with it, and if that means getting a shot every six months, then whatever.

10 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Why are we not wanting to evict people at this point? I mean a landlord can't hold onto a property if they are not receiving rent, simply not allowing evictions isn't a viable solution. 

There's funding, a lot of funding, for posting back rent that cities and states haven't distributed. maybe we should see about getting that out first before we start evictions  And there's just the sheer scale of the problem, millions going through state violence due to no fault of their own but due to an economy that fell apart because of covid.

6 hours ago, Ominous said:

Why are we not wanting to evict people at this point? I mean a landlord can't hold onto a property if they are not receiving rent, simply not allowing evictions isn't a viable solution. 

If you intend to profit off of housing, you’re the one who has to hold the bag; you can’t shirk your responsibility over the foundation of people’s well-being just because it hurts. Don’t think that’s fair? Then don’t get in the business of profiting from it!

6103d821ea74d40019b9ccb0?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Rodrigo Duterte also said the police would send unvaccinated people back to their homes if they stepped out "because you are a walking spreader."

Filipino Trump is pro-vaccination.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
6103d821ea74d40019b9ccb0?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Rodrigo Duterte also said the police would send unvaccinated people back to their homes if they stepped out "because you are a walking spreader."

Filipino Trump is pro-vaccination.

Didn’t he get that janky Russian vaccine on live TV?

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's funding, a lot of funding, for posting back rent that cities and states haven't distributed. maybe we should see about getting that out first before we start evictions  And there's just the sheer scale of the problem, millions going through state violence due to no fault of their own but due to an economy that fell apart because of covid.

But New York is one of four states that did not distribute any of the tens of billions of dollars in rent relief that Congress has paid out to states this year, according to a U.S. Treasury report of spending through May. Virginia dispersed over $155 million by May 31, while Texas has distributed over $450 million so far.

On June 1, New York launched an online application portal allowing tenants and landlords to apply for rent — nearly two months after lawmakers first created the $2.4 billion rental relief fund. The State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance has said it would take four to six weeks to process applications to release payments to landlords.

Six weeks later, agency spokesperson Anthony Farmer said Tuesday that first payments are “expected to go out in the coming weeks.”

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — It will be weeks before New York issues any payments from the state’s $2.4 billion COVID-19 rent relief fund, state officials told The Associated Press Tuesday, adding to delays in a program that has been beset by technical glitches with its online application portal.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

If you intend to profit off of housing, you’re the one who has to hold the bag; you can’t shirk your responsibility over the foundation of people’s well-being just because it hurts. Don’t think that’s fair? Then don’t get in the business of profiting from it!

Should grocery stores allow people to walk out with whatever they want?