~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

And there it is. Face coverings required in all facilities at work, unless you're in a room with other vaccinated people and no one unvaccinated is present, or if you're at your desk at least 6 feet away from anyone and vaccinated.

Not requiring vaccination at this time, but they're watching the feds and other companies. In the office I'd say we're at about 90% vaccinated based on mask usage (and considering lying about your status and not masking when unvaccinated may be cause for termination, I imagine compliance is pretty good)

Over half the deer in Michigan seem to have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2

On Wednesday, the US Department of Agriculture released some rather disturbing news: a survey of wild deer populations has found that large numbers of the animals seem to have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The finding indicates that there's a very large population of wild animals in North America that could serve as a reservoir for the virus, even if we were to get its circulation within the human population under control.

Wear a mask when you go outside in the wilderness.:shock:

• Shocked 1

I was supposed to go back to the office for the first time on Tuesday. Any return has just been postponed until September. I can't imagine that date holding either. When we do return, I will have absolutely no idea how to behave professionally in a public setting.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

To clarify: the requirement is for the group's full-service restaurants which means Shake Shack is NOT part of that requirement as of yet.

Ugh that was the USHG announcement? I saw Pete Wells tweet about it earlier. I should have put two and two together.

Just now, Joe said:

Ugh that was the USHG announcement? I saw Pete Wells tweet about it earlier. I should have put two and two together.

1627586098-GettyImages-1192992265.jpg
WWW.ENTREPRENEUR.COM

Danny Meyer, the CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group, announced that all restaurants overseen by the company (excluding Shake Shack chains) will require both employees and dine-in customers to show proof of vaccination.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Based.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

To clarify: the requirement is for the group's full-service restaurants which means Shake Shack is NOT part of that requirement as of yet.

This was a roller coaster for me. From, "Well at least I can now respect the company a little despite their overpriced and offensively mediocre food" back to "yup Shake Shack sucks ass."

18 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

This was a roller coaster for me. From, "Well at least I can now respect the company a little despite their overpriced and offensively mediocre food" back to "yup Shake Shack sucks ass."

@Chris- You seeing this shit?

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

If I want unseasoned meat and the worst fucking fries I ever ate I can do that for 1/5 the price at In N Out. 

Also, they can't even be awesome at their namesake. Bland shakes. That chain is a travesty.

Unseasoned meat? Are you confusing them with Five Guys?

• Guillotine 1