~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
0721-ctm-louisanaunvaccinated-begnaud.jp
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The hospital's chief medical officer said if people don't get vaccinated, "we are going to accept death."

Yes of course.

Sounds like my then 4 year old insisting on getting an antibiotic shot at the doctor's office rather than take ten days of oral antibiotics, or any medicine for that matter.

But she's a toddler. This idiot is just acting like one.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

All right now it's been a full two weeks, so now it's full immunity, mother fucker! WWWWWOOOOOOOoooo! Let's go!

THE SUMMER OF FUCK!!!!

One of my best friends who was fully vaccinated just got diagnosed with covid 2 days ago after going on a trip with us. luckily his symptoms aren't too bad (tired, congestion and loss of smell/taste) but just be careful out there

I just went and got myself tested today to make sure im ok

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

My theory on this sudden reversal (to varying degrees), is their corporate donors are threatening to pull funding if they don't stop their bullshit. 

I'd say that's pretty much on the money (pun fully intended!).

We saw the stock market utterly tank a few days ago with the news that the delta variant is rapidly spreading far and wide which made Wall Street get nervous of a potential return to lockdown status.

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd say that's pretty much on the money (pun fully intended!).

We saw the stock market utterly tank a few days ago with the news that the delta variant is rapidly spreading far and wide which made Wall Street get nervous of a potential return to lockdown status.

It seems like basic economics—the places that get the virus under control (due to better herd immunity) will be much more economically active. Yes, the chodes who don't believe in COVID-19 are going out and spending money no matter what...but other people will be doing less because of fear. People are going to behave economically different in a city with 2 new cases a day vs one with 500 new cases a day.

12 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
21virus-global-sub-videoSixteenByNine300
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

More officials are encouraging people to return to their daily rhythms and transition to a new normal. But scientists warn that it may be too soon to design exit strategies for the pandemic.

I don't think we can get to YOLO yet until young children can get vaccinated.

I feel bad for the immunocompromised but there is gonna be a point where we are gonna have to treat it like the flu. And if you are intentionally unvaccinated then well they should be refused hospital admittance as far as I'm concerned. 

Da Mooch has mandated COVID vaccines at his hedge fund:

106868741-1618487932426-gettyimages-1312
WWW.CNBC.COM

"If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that's fine. Let's take it to the court," SkyBridge's Anthony Scaramucci told CNBC on Friday.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Da Mooch has mandated COVID vaccines at his hedge fund:

106868741-1618487932426-gettyimages-1312
WWW.CNBC.COM

"If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that's fine. Let's take it to the court," SkyBridge's Anthony Scaramucci told CNBC on Friday.

As Roth foretold:

GettyImages-1171041971.jpg?w=1080
DEFECTOR.COM

It is unwise to use Beasley as a stand-in for any broader group, but there is in his flustered, finger-pointing umbrage something that is very easy to recognize—a sort of load-bearing defiance, a storm...

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

As Roth foretold:

GettyImages-1171041971.jpg?w=1080
DEFECTOR.COM

It is unwise to use Beasley as a stand-in for any broader group, but there is in his flustered, finger-pointing umbrage something that is very easy to recognize—a sort of load-bearing defiance, a storm...

He's 💯 right. How can you win a Superbowl without caring about your team? Getting vaccinated shows you're about the whole, not doing so shows you think it's about you. 

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
merlin_190909494_4d7b04a8-9ab4-47d7-9cb6
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The renewed sense of urgency was aimed at millions of people who have not yet been vaccinated and therefore are most...

Just wait til winter hits. They're lucky we have learned to treat it better than a year ago.