~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

34 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Ship every vaccine shipment abroad with mandatory American flag bandaids and you could literally put the stars and stripes on every vaccine.

wow so original 

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lets 10x this and be sure to put the stars and stripes on every single dose

My mom went in to get her 2nd shot today, and she now has to wait until the 30th. They didn’t really check her AZ shot date, and apparently she now needs 20 more days before she would be ok for a Pfizer 2nd shot

As for me, Last night my arm felt achy and heavy and still have a little bit of that today. Although today I just have had no energy or appetite. Pretty much dealing with a headache and nausea the entire day as well, and Advil isn’t touching it. Which isn’t anything too new as these are my long hauler symptoms but today they just seem a little more intense then usual. Gonna take some pot pills and hope they take me off to sleepy land of no headaches

CDC is apparently looking into some reports of myocarditis in younger kids after the second dose. Hopefully rare like the blood clotting issues

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Cruise operator Royal Caribbean (RCL.N) said on Thursday two guests onboard its Celebrity Millennium ship have tested positive for COVID-19, but are asymptomatic and currently in isolation.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

By “in isolation” do they mean “thrown into the uncaring sea”?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I heard that the conservatives said Canada wouldn’t have enough vaccines until 2452, and that Coronavirus would turn everyone into zombies.  

Sounds like very smart people who totes deserve your vote.

11 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I heard that the conservatives said Canada wouldn’t have enough vaccines until 2452, and that Coronavirus would turn everyone into zombies.  

The point of this post is they never actually said that about 2023, right? 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The point of this post is they never actually said that about 2023, right? 

They latched onto the idea (in th first few weeks of vaccination) that Canada had completely failed to get contracts. Like QAnon, they obsessed over little details of dates in 2020 when agreements were signed, what it meant, etc.

News came out today that Canada paid extra to get our vaccines faster...so watch the next Conservative attack be that we paid too much money (even though earlier attacks were that Trudeau should have done anything to get vaccines faster). 

Trudeau is their Obama, and everything he does is bad.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They latched onto the idea (in th first few weeks of vaccination) that Canada had completely failed to get contracts. Like QAnon, they obsessed over little details of dates in 2020 when agreements were signed, what it meant, etc.

News came out today that Canada paid extra to get our vaccines faster...so watch the next Conservative attack be that we paid too much money (even though earlier attacks were that Trudeau should have done anything to get vaccines faster). 

Trudeau is their Obama, and everything he does is bad.

Hung their banner on and suggested once during the time the vaccines hadn’t even been approved yet are very different, but I think you know that.

Either way not trying to defend Canadian conservatives. Just thought it was funny how AS’s post was misinterpreted.

They consistently battered the government over the delays (which is part of the role of opposition), but they definitely bet wrong on if we'd achieve full vaccination this summer. By middle of August Canada will be the most-vaccinated OECD country. We're already first in single-doses (which has helped put us back below US case numbers).

The Canadian vaccine strategy (especially in the face of no domestic manufacturing) has been really good, and the CPC just can't admit it.

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They consistently battered the government over the delays (which is part of the role of opposition), but they definitely bet wrong on if we'd achieve full vaccination this summer. By middle of August Canada will be the most-vaccinated OECD country. We're already first in single-doses (which has helped put us back below US case numbers).

The Canadian vaccine strategy (especially in the face of no domestic manufacturing) has been really good, and the CPC just can't admit it.

Canadian conservatives are like American Republicans except less evil but way goofier.

31 minutes ago, Joe said:

Canadian conservatives are like American Republicans except less evil but way goofier.

I am grateful that they at least didn't turn all anti-mask like many American politicians. The anti-mask streak in Canada (and anti-COVID-vaccine) definitely is a right-wing thing, but fortunately the major conservative party (CPC) hasn't embraced it.

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This could change, but at least so far, there doesn't appear to be second-dose hesitancy/skipping like in the US.

Hopefully that holds up as younger people are eligible for second shots/

well I think the outbreak at a Calgary hospital of the Delta variant should keep us Canadians rushing for a 2nd shot. Some 14 people fully immunized people caught the virus, with 22 in total infected and 1 in I.C.U.

47 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Nope.  The current toole that leads the Conservative party of Canada has said many stupid things.  But that is not one of them.

He said it without saying it:

5fc017972900005c80c6cad9.png?cache=yNAVZ
WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CA

The “partisan side” of the COVID-19 crisis could be a “good opportunity” for Erin O’Toole, Harper’s former campaign manager says.

“We know that most of the world will receive the vaccine before Canadians do,” O’Toole said Thursday. “Why did the prime minister negotiate deals that put Canada at the back of the line for COVID-19 vaccine?” 

We are in top few % of the world. Implying we'd be in the last few % means we'd be waiting until 2022/23. He was fear-mongering.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

He said it without saying it:

5fc017972900005c80c6cad9.png?cache=yNAVZ
WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CA

The “partisan side” of the COVID-19 crisis could be a “good opportunity” for Erin O’Toole, Harper’s former campaign manager says.

“We know that most of the world will receive the vaccine before Canadians do,” O’Toole said Thursday. “Why did the prime minister negotiate deals that put Canada at the back of the line for COVID-19 vaccine?” 

We are in top few % of the world. Implying we'd be in the last few % means we'd be waiting until 2022/23. He was fear-mongering.

Star Wars Force GIF

You can't "hang your banner" on something that you didn't actually say.