~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

tl;dr

- Increase junk food intake

- A drop in healthy foods

- Kids gained weight (Nearly 30% of 433 parents surveyed by researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University said their child had gained an average of 9.6 pounds in the months between May and September of 2020.)

- Teasing people about their weight

- Online grocery shopping

- Higher food prices in areas with higher restrictions

Both of my kids put on way too much weight. One more than the other...

This whole ordeal has been way more damaging to kids than I think people want to admit. I honestly feel like the universe stole a year of their childhoods from them. It's fucked up. It will be interesting to see what happens as these kids grow up and how the age they were in 2020 effects their future... as in, I often wonder if a 2nd grader going through this will shrug it off better than a 5th grader and if the experiences of these kids varies depending on age and will effect them different as they age. Like, when two people talk about 2020 a decade from now, will their long-term neuroses vary based on the age they were when they locked down for a year?

It's been a hot mess... but I somehow managed to lose 40 lbs. Figured there would never be an easier time to control all of the food I put in my body than right now, and hey, it was true.

45 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
210603164222-buckhead-atlanta-skyline-st
WWW.CNN.COM

In Atlanta's well-to-do community of Buckhead, the debate over becoming an independent city has been brewing off and on for decades. Now, amid a spike in crime, calls to split from the capital have grown...

Each metro area should be under a single, unified government.

And non metro areas in each state should be governed by the state. Duplicate layers of government is just wasteful

1 hour ago, ort said:

Both of my kids put on way too much weight. One more than the other...

This whole ordeal has been way more damaging to kids than I think people want to admit. I honestly feel like the universe stole a year of their childhoods from them. It's fucked up. It will be interesting to see what happens as these kids grow up and how the age they were in 2020 effects their future... as in, I often wonder if a 2nd grader going through this will shrug it off better than a 5th grader and if the experiences of these kids varies depending on age and will effect them different as they age. Like, when two people talk about 2020 a decade from now, will their long-term neuroses vary based on the age they were when they locked down for a year?

It's been a hot mess... somehow I managed to lose 40 lbs and my wife managed to lose 80 lbs. Figured there would never be an easier time to control all of the food I put in my body than right now, and hey, it was true.

I agree with you from just from what I hear from my sister with her kids. My youngest niece has temper tantrums and shows signs of depression because she can’t play with her friends. The older one has learning problems and needs more of that one on one teacher interaction because she obviously has some sort of ADHD. They are just tired of this and need to be kids and play. Thankfully we got warmer weather and they have a small 12x12 above ground 3.5 foot tall pool that they swim in twice a day to cheer them up. Mom read a story about a kid getting frustrated in quarantine and broke his computer monitor, dad bought him a new one to keep in touch with friends, but it wasn’t enough. The 12 year old was missing his friends so much that the father didn’t see the signs of depression in him and committed suicide the day after his dad bought the new monitor. 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:32 PM, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah, I still like his show, but he's a little bit of a democrat dick sucker now. You'll never hear a negative word about a single democrat from him.

I also hate how the whole 99% survivability thing keeps getting thrown around. 1% means 330,000 dead, assuming everyone is exposed at some point. The fact that they think that's just dandy makes my skin crawl.

1% would be 3.3 million. Otherwise, correct.

9 hours ago, silentbob said:

I agree with you from just from what I hear from my sister with her kids. My youngest niece has temper tantrums and shows signs of depression because she can’t play with her friends. The older one has learning problems and needs more of that one on one teacher interaction because she obviously has some sort of ADHD. They are just tired of this and need to be kids and play. Thankfully we got warmer weather and they have a small 12x12 above ground 3.5 foot tall pool that they swim in twice a day to cheer them up. Mom read a story about a kid getting frustrated in quarantine and broke his computer monitor, dad bought him a new one to keep in touch with friends, but it wasn’t enough. The 12 year old was missing his friends so much that the father didn’t see the signs of depression in him and committed suicide the day after his dad bought the new monitor. 

Oh, this is really harming kids development. My wifes nephew is immunosuppressed, and will need a future transplant. This has been really hard for him. My son, who the nephew kind of idolizes, plays a lot of online games with him, and that makes him extremely excited. But otherwise, the year has been extremely hard on him. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Can't wait till she's Trump's running mate in 24 because she keeps getting a mic shoved in her face and her dumb shit is blasted all over

We learned literally nothing from the Trump rise

27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

On any other planet this woman would be getting professional help. On this one she's a member of congress :|

Just wait. Every single Republican who is retiring from Congress or the Senate will be replaced with someone even worse than her.

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Just wait. Every single Republican who is retiring from Congress or the Senate will be replaced with someone even worse than her.

I think the "moderate Republicans" will have to literally do what Israel just did and join up with Dems to put a stop to this. Their party is even more of a joke than it has been in recent years.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think the "moderate Republicans" will have to literally do what Israel just did and join up with Dems to put a stop to this. Their party is even more of a joke than it has been in recent years.

Oh my sweet summer child. 

On 6/5/2021 at 8:43 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Zero COVID is total lockdowns (and borders). Can't even go to any stores except for food and medicine. No other services or stores allowed open, and the government provides relief. Australia is a good example. Our lockdowns in Canada, even the current one in Ontario, aren't nearly as restrictive. 

How is Ontario not that?  (Other than the international borders, which Ontario can't control.)

42 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They'll nearly all bend the knee. There's a unicorn whisper's of a difference between the big lie people and your standard Republican anti small d democratic stances

The only difference is the "moderates" clutch their pearls when you say the quiet part out loud because they sure would prefer it to be a bloodless coup...but if the "radicals" force it to be a bloody coup then whatever the ends still justify the means.