~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

29 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

If someone said the pandemic is over enough that limiting any travel and wearing masks when going out should be considered weird now, what would your response to them be? 

I would ask if they left the theater after Frodo and Sam threw The Ring into the fires of Mordor, because at that point, the movie was "over enough."

16 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I would ask if they left the theater after Frodo and Sam threw The Ring into the fires of Mordor, because at that point, the movie was "over enough."

You're saying you think the idea of going outside right now is similar to traveling to mordor? Interesting take ^_^

9 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

You're saying you think the idea of going outside right now is similar to traveling to mordor? Interesting take ^_^

No, you're posing a hypothetical asking if it's to where we can go back to normal because things are "over enough" that that can happen. 

I don't think so. I don't see it that way. I'm choosing to do some things that I did before, but I'm not doing others--just as I have refrained from doing those things during the entire pandemic. It isn't over yet. 

11 minutes ago, CayceG said:

No, you're posing a hypothetical asking if it's to where we can go back to normal because things are "over enough" that that can happen. 

I don't think so. I don't see it that way. I'm choosing to do some things that I did before, but I'm not doing others--just as I have refrained from doing those things during the entire pandemic. It isn't over yet. 

Ah, I get what you mean now, apologies.  

Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing. Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week

Lmao dude come on

Also the people who go to the memorial tournament to watch are the strangest people in central Ohio by a longshot. 

oh my fucking god dude. After my wife gives birth I'll go back to wearing masks in places I have stopped doing so unless I know everyone is vaccinated. It's not worth the risk! Even minor fevers in newborns can result in a trip to the ER and a spinal tap to check for meningitis. I don't want that at all, let alone covid!

The greatest failure of wealthy countries when the definitive post-mortem on Covid is published in the future will not be our many domestic failures, but how we let the poor countries burn in 2021/2022 when we could have done so much more. Really shameful.

Still going strong on first doses (and now second), but we're just starting to see the slope slow:

In my province it's slowed more than that. The models show that in Sask, we'll probably hit around 70% of 12+ getting the vaccine. Once it's approved for <12 then we'll get higher, but until then I think we'll only reach about 65% of the total pop (with around 75% of total pop after). Disappointing, but not surprising considering my province is a cesspool of backwards mouth breathers. 

Well my mom has opted to skip the AZ as her 2nd shot, and will now be receiving a Pfizer shot instead. Local supermarket pharmacy is taking appointments, my mom went in today and has her shot set for this Thursday. Which could be fun with the printed warning sheets she got over mixing the shots from the pharmacy and me getting my first shot on Wednesday. Hopefully it doesn’t take us both out of commission for too long, or at all.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

People are mixing shots? 👀

I think Canada has lost 5-6 people who have received the AZ shot due to the blood-clot issue. Canada stopped the AZ shots like 2-3 times when the issue happened. So the health leaders looked into a UK study I believe saying that it was ok to mix, and studies looked good. The papers my mom got today were warning her of a greater chance of a reaction mixing them for the first few days afterwards. Mom is happy she can get a mix of both, as she was hoping more of her long hauler issues to fall to the wayside afterwards. The AZ shot didn’t do much to help, but has read these shots tend to help more. Hoping for the same on my end as it’s been almost a month of long hauler shit I can’t shake. Been nothing but tired, unexplained anxiety, consistent nausea, headaches and a lack of appetite. My mom, cousin and her husband are in the same vote as me right now, but lag a week or so behind me. 

can’t wait to see what my shot does for me.

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

The Covid-19 pathogen has a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus.

Thoughts on this going around? These guys see pretty confident but I don't know who or what to trust these days. If it's this definitive and obvious wouldn't this info have been circulating sooner and/or be a bigger deal now?

2 minutes ago, ort said:
social
WWW.WSJ.COM

The Covid-19 pathogen has a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus.

Thoughts on this going around? These guys see pretty confident but I don't know who or what to trust these days. If it's this definitive and obvious wouldn't this info have been circulating sooner and/or be a bigger deal now?

It's the WSJ opinions section is which is batshit insane conservative/GOP land.

8 minutes ago, ort said:
social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Same shit different day. 

The genomic features described here may explain in part the infectiousness and transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 in humans. Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here. However, since we observed all notable SARS-CoV-2 features, including the optimized RBD and polybasic cleavage site, in related coronaviruses in nature, we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.

Don't get science news from nonscience opeds

Important to note that lab leak doesn’t equal created in/manipulated in a lab. Part of what makes it difficult to ascertain the origin of the pandemic when China is keeping a tight grip on all evidence.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Important to note that lab leak doesn’t equal created in/manipulated in a lab. Part of what makes it difficult to ascertain the origin of the pandemic when China is keeping a tight grip on all evidence.

I dunno, I skimmed a few headlines on Fox and saw a few Facebook posts and now fully understand that China made this virus in a lab, Fauci paid for it and every stupid dumb thing I've thought in my stupid dumb head has been proven right forever. 

We now know that the Democrats created this in a lab and released it to get rid of Trump. (FYI, this is a 100% real and legit theory I'm now seeing all over the place. Real life people actually believe this is now fact)

47 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

100% of every single person proudly and unequivocally proclaiming it was a lab leak and it's China's fault believe it is an engineered virus

Fauci-CNN.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

While calls for Dr. Anthony Fauci to resign or be fired from his post grow over revelations contained in thousands of his released emails, CNN has rushed to his defense.

This is where we're at. It's no coincidence that a huge percentage of the lead stories on Fox aren't actually about the news, they are about how people react to news or how others are reporting on the news. Either that or they are about one person's opinion, presented as though it were the common consensus, or they are about a very tiny insignificant story that has next to no national significance, but they elevate it as an example of how the world is in chaos.

It's really just a non-stop string of carefully and willfully manipulated headlines carefully and precisly finessed to make people as angry and confused as possible. They don't even try to hide it. I guess they don't even have to pretend anymore, because no one cares.

38 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

100% of every single person proudly and unequivocally proclaiming it was a lab leak and it's China's fault believe it is an engineered virus

Those people aren’t here so who cares 

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Those people aren’t here so who cares 

I care because 600,000 people are dead and at least half of those deaths were probably preventable if millions of Americans didn't dig in their heels and act like total horses asses for the entire last year... and they were encouraged and manipulated into feeling that way by Donald Trump, the Republican Party and their propaganda wing.

I care because while like 50% of the country tried their best to be good people and do what they could to help, the other half were pouting around like spoiled fucking babies and thumbing their noses at us. Fucking ignorant arrogant assholes. Evil vile garbage people. All of them. I hate them now, tomorrow and forever. They can all fucking eat shit forever. FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

Willfully ignorant monsters. There are real people I know who have posted such terrible hateful things, that I never want to look at them in the face again. People are fucking ignorant asshole trash. This whole thing has brought out the worst in everyone.

210603164222-buckhead-atlanta-skyline-st
WWW.CNN.COM

In Atlanta's well-to-do community of Buckhead, the debate over becoming an independent city has been brewing off and on for decades. Now, amid a spike in crime, calls to split from the capital have grown...

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
210607113118-01-pandemic-eating-wellness
WWW.CNN.COM

The Covid-19 pandemic changed so many parts of our lives, including how we ate and shopped, according to a series of new reports presented at the American Society of Nutrition..

tl;dr

- Increase junk food intake

- A drop in healthy foods

- Kids gained weight (Nearly 30% of 433 parents surveyed by researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University said their child had gained an average of 9.6 pounds in the months between May and September of 2020.)

- Teasing people about their weight

- Online grocery shopping

- Higher food prices in areas with higher restrictions