~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

16 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wow you really do barely feel the needle. It's so thin. Must be thinner than the ones they use for veins. Got that sweet sweet Pfizer swimming through me now. Half way to immunity! 

You'll be feeling it in a bit.

It causes some serious soreness in the arm. I was surprised by it after I barely felt the shot. It was the only side effect I felt besides maybe a low grade fever(hard to tell, I am always freaking hot....).

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Wow you really do barely feel the needle. It's so thin. Must be thinner than the ones they use for veins. Got that sweet sweet Pfizer swimming through me now. Half way to immunity! 

The last vaccine I got felt like the needle was digging into bone so I was surprised too. My arm was more stiff than sore (though if I touched the area around where the needle went in it was sore) for about 48 hours but at least it gives you some confirmation that you actually had something injected into you rather than just lightly touched by the needle. I'm just glad that in a couple weeks I'll be able to move up my second appointment so that it isn't on Labour Day.

I started a new job for a lot more money two months or so ago. At the same time I was interviewing with this current company I was interviewing with another company. They ghosted me and went with somebody else. They reached out to me again yesterday and asked if I was still interested. I told them it will take more than they were offering last time and they still asked me to interview again. Okay. Had the first interview today. I found out that they're interested in me again because the guy they hired instead of me died.

From Covid.

• Shocked 5

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Obviously I'm not in the position, so my opinion would almost certainly change if big money was involved...but if a company ghosted me, I'd say fuck no. 

Yeah I was unimpressed with the way they handled it last time. But it sounds like there will be more benefits for me than just more money if they end up offering me a position. Right now I work on a team with 4 other people that do what I do and I report up to a guy who has a ton of experience doing what I do. But at this company I would be the only person. So pretty much calling the shots and building things out the way I think is best.

I've always found it lazy to ghost people. I understand it takes time, but last time I hired someone I interviewed like some 25 people. It really only takes a couple minutes to call each one and tell them you decided on someone else. Less than that if they go to voicemail. It's an hour out of your day. Suck it up.

That said... Money and perks. Hopefully everything works out, sounds like you're getting a good deal either way

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah I was unimpressed with the way they handled it last time. But it sounds like there will be more benefits for me than just more money if they end up offering me a position. Right now I work on a team with 4 other people that do what I do and I report up to a guy who has a ton of experience doing what I do. But at this company I would be the only person. So pretty much calling the shots and building things out the way I think is best.

I actually had a similar thing happen to me recently. Only the hiring manager said that my email got lost in her inbox, which sounds like bs because I followed up a few times. Is it considered like in very bad taste if you change jobs within like a month of being hired? I didn’t answer because of this reason.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I actually had a similar thing happen to me recently. Only the hiring manager said that my email got lost in her inbox, which sounds like bs because I followed up a few times. Is it considered like in very bad taste if you change jobs within like a month of being hired? I didn’t answer because of this reason.

If I changed jobs within a month or two of being hired, I'd probably just leave that job I jumped from off my resume and say that I decided to take some personal time between the two jobs if anyone asked about it.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

For a $30k bump... yes no. Haha

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I started a new job for a lot more money two months or so ago. At the same time I was interviewing with this current company I was interviewing with another company. They ghosted me and went with somebody else. They reached out to me again yesterday and asked if I was still interested. I told them it will take more than they were offering last time and they still asked me to interview again. Okay. Had the first interview today. I found out that they're interested in me again because the guy they hired instead of me died.

From Covid.

Were you interviewed or interviewed multiple times and felt like you were in the running for the position but were ghosted vs applying and being ghosted , the former is more egregious IMO. It speaks volumes about the companies professionalism or lack there of.

32 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've always found it lazy to ghost people. I understand it takes time, but last time I hired someone I interviewed like some 25 people. It really only takes a couple minutes to call each one and tell them you decided on someone else. Less than that if they go to voicemail. It's an hour out of your day. Suck it up.

That said... Money and perks. Hopefully everything works out, sounds like you're getting a good deal either way

And this how a fucking adult does it, not sure why so many cant do the same. Good on you. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

From Covid.

Did he catch covid from the workplace? If this company doesn't have property protocols in place to protect their employees maybe it's not a good idea to work for them... 

14 minutes ago, Brick said:

Did he catch covid from the workplace? If this company doesn't have property protocols in place to protect their employees maybe it's not a good idea to work for them... 

No. He was working from home. Which I'll be doing too if I'm hired. And I'm currently working from home.

Why can't these fucking hobgoblins point to anything in these emails that is actually damning? this is fucking pathetic, this latest pushback against Fauci.

They are so fucking desperate to score any kind of win in this fucking disaster that they desperately cling to anything. Anything to deflect from Trump.

They're really great at writing vague terrible sounding headlines on top of articles that say absolutely nothing at all because they know they have their core audience so brainwashed and foaming at the mouth that they will literally just scarf down whatever sloppy turd they leave on the ground.

It's fucking terrifying living in a country this fucked up. What is fucking wrong with these people? It's a fucking disgrace. Fox News and the rest of them all have blood on their hands. They can scrub and scrub and point their vile blood-soaked bad faith shit fingers at whoever they want, but every rational thinking person knows exactly what's up... and whats up is they are all complicate in the deaths of 600,000 Americans and FUCK THEM ALL. No amount of after-the-fact history re-writing and/or finger wagging will make us forget what they did and how many they killed by purposefully reaping chaos and willfully and deliberatly spreading misinformation throughout this entire ordeal.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Oh, so #FauciLiedPeopleDied is trending on Twitter, I’m assuming started by right wingers, but it’s mostly normal people high jacking to place the blame on Trump and the right wing telling people that covid was a hoax.

The most ridiculous thing is...the emails don't change anything about the virus in America. If they did somehow show that Fauci and other suspected the virus might have escaped from a lab...so what? That doesn't change anything about the American response or the spread within the country. And of course the emails don't show that, they are just being cherry picked to show the emails where they discuss this being a possibility.

But even if it was proved tomorrow that the virus originated in nature, was experimented on within a lab in China (which the US does as well!!!!) and then accidentally escaped...it doesn't change anything. 

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

But even if it was proved tomorrow that the virus originated in nature, was experimented on within a lab in China (which the US does as well!!!!) and then accidentally escaped...it doesn't change anything. 

While certainly it can’t be proven that something different would have occurred, besides travel restrictions that other nations could have also implemented before seeding was too far along, this allegedly first leaked from lab in November 2019 so you have possibly 6-8 weeks head start on the mRNA vaccines hitting the market. Imagine the difference in numbers just with the vaccine rollout beginning in October instead of December.

I think it matters that our government (Federal and most States) has not been trustworthy on Covid for over a year now, sometimes due to outright incompetence and other times due to poor judgement calls. It matters that our science educators gave bad advice on masks during a time when you probably could have had many more people on board with it. 

That being said, the conservatives aren’t banging this drum for any reason other than the political implications of it.

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I have no idea what the emails said, but right wingers like this broad are losing their minds:

I looked some up, and they're complaining that the e-mails talk about how the virus is most dangerous to the sick, elderly, and obese, how early on they thought masks weren't necessary and wouldn't do anything, etc. 

Still beating that drum about how we never should have locked down in the first place, and should have just isolated the elderly and vulnerable, without really saying how exactly you go about that. Even saying that we should have let the virus run its course through the young and healthy, let it spread and have us build up natural immunity. 

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

How about that?

facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400
WWW.NPR.ORG

NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with Stat News' Helen Branswell about how pandemic precautions like masking may have eliminated certain strains of the flu, which could mean flu shots will be easier to make.

It makes you wonder if we should just do a worldwide stay at home order for a year. Most diseases would be eradicated.

... of course we know people ignore stay at home orders after about a month, so it wouldn't work, but if you assume it did work, it might... work.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I immediately thought about @b_m_b_m_b_mwhen I saw Gottlieb saying we need the CIA on the case :lol:

Dear God. We learn nothing from the CIA for one. For two, moving forward, we should treat both as equally likely when planning for the next pandemic. It doesn't matter how it came about, I don't care and unless you have an axe to grind with the CCP (and don't care about freedom and democracy in HK or the ethnic cleansing of the Ughiers) you shouldn't care either.

19 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The most ridiculous thing is...the emails don't change anything about the virus in America. If they did somehow show that Fauci and other suspected the virus might have escaped from a lab...so what? That doesn't change anything about the American response or the spread within the country. And of course the emails don't show that, they are just being cherry picked to show the emails where they discuss this being a possibility.

I mean, people were directly attacked last year for saying it came from a lab. So that's definitely part of it. We all know this is just political bs from the right. But it was to be completely expected that it would go like this.