~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Meanwhile, 7 fully vaccinated Yankees have tested positive.

Yankees got J&J vaccines. J&J own the Jets. All Jets fans are Mets fans. Mets hate the Yankees. Seems pretty obvious that Yankees got bad doses.

GIF by Supercompressor

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yankees got J&J vaccines. J&J own the Jets. All Jets fans are Mets fans. Mets hate the Yankees. Seems pretty obvious that Yankees got bad doses.

GIF by Supercompressor

They be givin' B12 shots in the tristate area.

• Haha 1

If you were Covid positive but vaccinated, and were in a situation where for two weeks you might be in frequent close proximity with some elderly folks who were also vaccinated but don't wear masks or use much hand sanitizer, to what extend would/should you be concerned about the possibility of infecting them?

8 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

If you were Covid positive but vaccinated, and were in a situation where for two weeks you might be in frequent close proximity with some elderly folks who were also vaccinated but don't wear masks or use much hand sanitizer, to what extend would/should you be concerned about the possibility of infecting them?

Anybody with a positive test should quarantine 

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

Let’s hope he’s right.

I saw on the news today that vaccinations are already starting to rise again. Also, this:

Real-Time-with-Bill-Maher-2021.jpg?w=102
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has cancelled this week’s episode of Real Time With Bill Maher after the comedian tested positive for Covid-19. Maher, who is vaccinated and asymptomatic, tested positive during the …

I posted this in the Bill Maher thread on the entertainment board as well. He was fully vaccinated but not sure which one he got.

• Haha 1

Nashville's health board just dropped a surprise announcement that ALL covid restrictions are being lifted as of tomorrow morning. 

No masks. No restricted occupancy. Nothing. 

Pandemic's over. 

The Mayor's justification is that 300,000 people are vaccinated and that they're moving to match the CDC's guidance. 

This came hours AFTER they initially released a statement saying they would NOT be lifting the mask mandate, citing the fact that less than half of the city is vaccinated. 

First statement:

"The Metro Public Health Department is encouraged by the recently updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, further emphasizing the importance of widespread COVID-19 vaccination. We look forward to a time when more of our county’s population is vaccinated, allowing mask requirements to safely be dropped altogether in public settings. With less than half of Davidson County residents vaccinated, and Tennessee lagging the national average among people that are fully vaccinated, dropping of mask requirements at this time in high-risk settings is not feasible. In addition, we are just now vaccinating our 12-15 year-olds and this will give them time to become vaccinated. As we continue to reopen over the next few weeks the need for masks indoors will continue to be evaluated, but at this time the mask mandate will remain in place."

Second statement:

"The Board Chair and the Director of Health, and Metro Public Health Department epidemiologists met following this afternoon’s Board meeting to further evaluate the new recommendations regarding mask usage that were issued by the CDC just prior to the Board of Health meeting. After reviewing further, a decision was to end the Public Health indoor mask order. We expect the order to expire on Friday, May 14. The MPHD continues to strongly recommend wearing masks for those who are unvaccinated when in crowds, indoors, and when unable to socially distance, as also recommended by the CDC. Each individual business retains the right to set their own restrictions regarding the use of masks."

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

The Mayor's justification is that 300,000 people are vaccinated and that they're moving to match the CDC's guidance. 

Who could have predicted that people would rush to intentionally lie about what the new CDC guidance says?! :silly:

Whoa. Good news for me, I guess!

giving the Pfizer/BioNTech booster after 12 weeks rather than three produced a much stronger antibody response.

A study led by the University of Birmingham in collaboration with Public Health England found that antibodies against the virus were three-and-a-half times higher in those who had the second shot after 12 weeks compared with those who had it after a three-week interval.

Seems like the actual protection might not be much different, but the duration of the immunity may be longer as a result.

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Seems like the actual protection might not be much different, but the duration of the immunity may be longer as a result.

It's too bad that they set up a second appointment on the spot before they give me my first does

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What about if you get the second Pfizer jab three days early. Can I pay to have that study commissioned.