~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

That might be my favourite track from Hamilton. Plus I’m gonna wait for it on a Pfizer or Moderna shot to be available once I’m eleigable to sign up. News today from The National Advisory Committee on Immunization in Canada was they recommend the mRNA over J&J and AZ shots available. Pissing off the government health people who said to take what ever is offered 

Few Canadians contracting COVID-19 after first vaccine dose: PHAC (iheartradio.ca)

Out of 13 million people who have received at least one dose, only 2,274 have contracted COVID-19 more than 14 days after receiving their dose. Of those, 203 were hospitalized, and 53 died.

Shows that the vaccines are working quite well, even after a single dose. 

Opening the Covid patents is the easiest global political win for a nation that needs it after pooping in the sheets to an impressive degree over the last 4 years especially. EASY WIN.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Opening the Covid patents is the easiest global political win for a nation that needs it after pooping in the sheets to an impressive degree over the last 4 years especially. EASY WIN.

But… my portfolio…

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

uncle joe c'mon man

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Malarkey!

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

But… my portfolio…

So much for that idea...

• Guillotine 2

45 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

And Biden just handed GOP a win.

...not that they actually care about the people in other countries, but still.

It's not a win for the GOP -- it's completely irrelevant from a domestic political context.

He's potentially handing a win to Moscow if the Kremlin seizes the opportunity to distribute Sputnik V to nations of the Global South free of charge.

Guy in my city is being charged with assault by anti-mask protestors. He was walking downtown near their "freedom rally," and they provoked him. They yelled obscenities at this wife and then grabbed her phone away when she started recording them, so thy guy shoved/hit the person who took the phone. He posted a gofundme to cover his legal costs (with 50% of donations going to local charity, and 100% in excess of his legal costs). First legal defense I've donated to. These "freedom" types are always recording their interactions to protect themselves...but in this case they say they have nothing (which would likely show them starting the physical altercation), and are pressing charges. I fucking hate these people. Last week they went to my city's main hospital and yelled outside that the nurses were killing people, they put chalk messages on the sidewalks at all entrances calling nurses murderers, and then stayed on the street all day with huge speakers blasting hateful things at the hospital. They are just horrible people. It also came out this week that one of their leaders runs a sex-trafficking ring of "massage" parlors. Not surprising. There were nurses crying at the hospital after working 16-hour shifts in the ICU (which is 200% capacity).

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Guy in my city is being charged with assault by anti-mask protestors. He was walking downtown near their "freedom rally," and they provoked him. They yelled obscenities at this wife and then grabbed her phone away when she started recording them, so thy guy shoved/hit the person who took the phone. He posted a gofundme to cover his legal costs (with 50% of donations going to local charity, and 100% in excess of his legal costs). First legal defense I've donated to. These "freedom" types are always recording their interactions to protect themselves...but in this case they say they have nothing (which would likely show them starting the physical altercation), and are pressing charges. I fucking hate these people. Last week they went to my city's main hospital and yelled outside that the nurses were killing people, they put chalk messages on the sidewalks at all entrances calling nurses murderers, and then stayed on the street all day with huge speakers blasting hateful things at the hospital. They are just horrible people. It also came out this week that one of their leaders runs a sex-trafficking ring of "massage" parlors. Not surprising. There were nurses crying at the hospital after working 16-hour shifts in the ICU (which is 200% capacity).

I have a friend who's a nurse in Alberta. Hope she's not having to deal with that shit.