~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

Just got my second Moderna. I don't know if the chick who gave it with me went deeper or something but I felt the cold fluid moving down my arm. I also think she left the needle in my arm longer than the first time. Didn't hurt or anything but it was an odd sensation.

I felt the second shot of pfizer burble in my muscle because the old lady that gave me the shot just fired that plunger down like she was in a hurry.  She didn't have anywhere to be, the hicks in my county aren't getting vaccinated, my "mass vaccine site" had two rows of chairs in a gym filled and a big empty room.

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

It still boggles my mind that Joe Rogan from NewsRadio is one of our most popular podcasters. How did we as a society allow this?

Short answer: Not so much society as a whole as the more rural areas of it.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

NewsRadio even warned us his radio like voice

He's definitely a better podcaster and announcer than an actor tbf

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

I like Rogan when he stays in his lane. It's a hard pass when he has people like Alex Jones or Ben Shapiro on. I enjoy it when he has comedians or fighters on though.

To his credit, Shapiro is one of the few conservative guests he actually went in on.  I think he does this more than his critics give him credit for.  It would be more noticeable if he didn't spend a lot more time platforming them without challenge.  

23 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

To his credit, Shapiro is one of the few conservative guests he actually went in on.  I think he does this more than his critics give him credit for.  It would be more noticeable if he didn't spend a lot more time platforming them without challenge.  

I just have zero interest in listening to right wing grifters. Rogan could go in on them for 3 hours, and I would still pass.

1 minute ago, Iculus said:

I just have zero interest in listening to right wing grifters. Rogan could go in on them for 3 hours, and I would still pass.

He'll never do that though. The most recent thing of his I overheard was him having that pirate Congressman from Texas on. Just let the dude spew bullshit the whole time I was overhearing. 

I have to admit I like him as an interviewer depending on the guest.  His Chuck Palahniuk interview was one of the best you'll find of that author, Neil Tyson episodes, Alex Jones and more.  When he has someone on who knows what they're talking about it can be a good listen sometimes. But yeah, his politics are pretty bad, which is a problem given how much influence he has.

40 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

What's the likelihood of there being a cure (not vaccination) if you've already been infected for at least several months?

Lots of reports of "long COVID" being cured by getting vaccinated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

He'll never do that though. The most recent thing of his I overheard was him having that pirate Congressman from Texas on. Just let the dude spew bullshit the whole time I was overhearing. 

I wouldn't know. I'm never listening to something that has Dan Crenshaw as a guest. I leave the take down of right wing ideologues to TYT and the like; not a stand-up with a black belt in BJJ.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lots of reports of "long COVID" being cured by getting vaccinated.

I wonder how long it takes for it to happen. My mom is on week 2 now of AZ first shot and still has her long hauler symptoms so far. I’ve been having a terrible 2-3 days of long hauler symptoms myself with irritable bowel, terrible nausea and horrible insomnia. Usually 2 of my pot pills help but have done nothing these past few days, except last night when I took 3 pills. Finally got 5hrs+ of solid straight sleep last night because of them, and hoping for the same in hopefully a few minutes. Before last, I was lucky to get 1-2hrs in total sleep with nothing but tossing and turning. My cousin who had a bad case of Covid has been pretty much just like me the past few days with symptoms. Holding out for Pfizer or Moderna shot, if AZ is open up to my age group in Ontario. Just because I was hoping for more results with my mom and her long hauler stuff. (which will hopefully happen soon for her)

7 hours ago, heydude93 said:

What's the likelihood of there being a cure (not vaccination) if you've already been infected for at least several months?

There is an antiviral treatment by Pfizer that is entering trials now for treating Covid. It is intended for new infections, but if long hauler symptoms are due to the virus, then it may be an option. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iculus said:

I like Rogan when he stays in his lane. It's a hard pass when he has people like Alex Jones or Ben Shapiro on. I enjoy it when he has comedians or fighters on though.

I like Joe as an MMA announcer, but even before his podcast I thought his standup was shit.

From his material back then it is not surprising the kind of podcaster and public figure he is now. Just saying unfunny, not insightful "offensive" stuff for the sake of saying it.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

wat 

Russian vaccine QA/QC may be bad because the virus used to carry the vaccine (like J&J and AZ) continues to replicate (unlike J&J and AZ) so side effects could be worse, and this issue may also mean that the efficacy of this vaccine may be in question.

• Thanks 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Russian vaccine QA/QC may be bad because the virus used to carry the vaccine (like J&J and AZ) continues to replicate (unlike J&J and AZ) so side effects could be worse, and this issue may also mean that the efficacy of this vaccine may be in question.

I was just expressing surprise. They forgot to exclude a gene?! Fucking crazy.

Also, as said in the thread, now it makes sense why Slovakia rejected the vaccine.

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I like Joe as an MMA announcer, but even before his podcast I thought his standup was shit.

From his material back then it is not surprising the kind of podcaster and public figure he is now. Just saying unfunny, not insightful "offensive" stuff for the sake of saying it.

It's not about the quality of his stand up. It's his access to comics, and knowledge of the industry.

36 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Definitely getting more sides than the first vaccine. My shoulder soreness is more intense and I'm getting intense chills

Same here with dose 2 of pfizer. Came on quick. Woke up this morning with just the sore shoulder. Worked for half a day then all of a sudden I had chills, headache and was getting fatigued.

featured-april26-update-state-vaccine-ra
WWW.KFF.ORG

KFF is collecting and analyzing data on COVID-19 vaccinations by race/ethnicity to gain increased insight who is receiving the vaccine and whether some groups are facing disparities in vaccination.

Here is another area where the Biden admin obviously needs to work to improve vaccination numbers. In most states Black and brown people are underrepresented in vaccine administration relative to population. This is both an access and information issue. Easily 20 million adults we can add to the vaccinated rolls over the next couple of months just by increasing access. 

The 7 day average for new infections in Texas is at its lowest level since June. So good to see the end in sight. I’m heading out on a cross country trip to kiss each one of you

39 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The 7 day average for new infections in Texas is at its lowest level since June. So good to see the end in sight. I’m heading out on a cross country trip to kiss each one of you

If there is no tongue involved , your just wasting my time and breaking my heart.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

As much as that would be the most human contact I've had in over 4 years, I'm going to have to say no.

...not unless you buy me dinner first.

Our 7 day average is still about the same as it was in January.:(

As a percentage of population for cases, we're actually almost the same as Texas (like down to the 5th digit percentile), but we're going back to outdoor only lockdown on Friday. Granted that's because of the 3 counties that make up the Portland metro area, 1 of them went above a specific covid threshold and all 3 counties get treated as a single entity.

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

From what I read it's even worse, it's basically a vaccine against one type of common cold and not covid at all. Also it will make you sick.