~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

Fuck yeah Ontario we did it. We set a new record of 4,736 new cases and 29 more deaths. Rumours/Rumblings of them already extending the lockdown and setting a curfew like Quebec has done. I say, go for it

Wow I am just a half hour away from the border & yet haven't heard anything from local nor national news sources (typical ones that is) about this, freaking nuts.

I think this is helpful in showing how herd immunity is not on/off, but a gradual increase as the percentage of the population with immunity increases. Really encouraging stuff for where we can be by mid May 😁

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I think this is helpful in showing how herd immunity is not on/off, but a gradual increase as the percentage of the population with immunity increases. Really encouraging stuff for where we can be by mid May 😁

We should reach the 200m doses milestone tomorrow, and possibly reach 25% of the population fully vaccinated.  Right now, over 40% have at least one dose.

This is big fucking news, because:

• Trudeau says Ontario requested assistance
  • Ford then says Ontario did not request assistance
  • Ford says Ontario doesn't need more capacity for administering doses, it needs more dose supply 
  • In reality, Ontario is sitting on over a million doses in freezers, and is struggling with getting them out (compared to other provinces)
  • Trudeau gets 8 million more Pfizer doses anyway, because fuck it
  • Trudeau says he is sending federal teams to Toronto to administer vaccines
  • Trudeau says he is sending federal medical teams to Toronto to help in hospitals

So, overall:

• Fuck Ford
  • Praise Trudeau (in this specific battle)