~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The EU is, and it’s in the article @Air_Deliverywas responding to. This is some next level Skillzing 😂

I lterally acknowledged that The EU is letting their contracts expire in my response to you. I was the one that posted the first article announcing that YESTERDAY.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:34 AM, skillzdadirecta said:
?m=02&d=20210414&t=2&i=1558379934&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The EU Commission has decided not to renew COVID-19 vaccine contracts next year with AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson (J&J), Italian daily La...

As far as the U.S. goes, to my knowledge is probably going to resume using the J&J shot but provide a warning about potential clotting issues particularly to women under the age of 50. So if by "Next level Skillzing" you mean "taking all of the available information into account before I open my mouth" then I take your point.

Their official reasoning for not renewing the contract is questionable. The stated reasons in the article are the inability to meet deadlines and lack of supply/lack of "proven value" whereas Pfizer has been on the ball here so far (and no guarantee that this continues). This seems fine for most normal procurement jobs but this isn't a normal job or situation. If they want it to be about clots or safety then say that, don't dance around the issue like supply chain or "value" is the problem. It's a problem but not the primary problem. There's generally always production issues early in a process! 

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Their official reasoning for not renewing the contract is questionable. The stated reasons in the article are the inability to meet deadlines and lack of supply/lack of "proven value" whereas Pfizer has been on the ball here so far (and no guarantee that this continues). This seems fine for most normal procurement jobs but this isn't a normal job or situation. If they want it to be about clots or safety then say that, don't dance around the issue like supply chain or "value" is the problem. It's a problem but not the primary problem. There's generally always production issues early in a process! 

DING DING DING. No matter production delays, or incredibly rare severe blood clotting, the value of whatever doses of AZ and J&J they can get out the door is worth the other issues.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I lterally acknowledged that The EU is letting their contracts expire in my response to you. I was the one that posted the first article announcing that YESTERDAY.

As far as the U.S. goes, to my knowledge is probably going to resume using the J&J shot but provide a warning about potential clotting issues particularly to women under the age of 50. So if by "Next level Skillzing" you mean "taking all of the available information into account before I open my mouth" then I take your point.

@Air_Deliverywasn't talking about the US and the pause, they were responding the EU ending the contracts.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I would say there is some next level sblfilmsing going on ITT but that already happened in the NFT thread.

Can't go next level when you are always at 9000

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

He's thinks himself a real renaissance man, I don't want to burst his bubble :) 

:lol::lol::lol: I don't know what's funnier... the fact that you think I consider myself a "renaissance man" or the fact that you think you could somehow "burst my bubble" :lol::lol::lol: thanks for the laugh though... I needed that. Rough work morning today :lol:

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Didn't moderna say their vaccine was effective for up to six months? Also if you have one vaccine can you get a different one when it's time to get another dose?

Up to six months because that's how long it's been since the first people were jabbed. It could last longer, we just don't know yet because it hasn't been longer than six months yet. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Do we know whether or not if you start with one vaccine course that you have to stay on that course? 

Not sure. Probably? Maybe? I certainly would if it's easy to do. 6 months to a year from now I would have to imagine things will be a lot easier, and supply will be good so that you can get the one you got previously with no wait or hassle. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Up to six months because that's how long it's been since the first people were jabbed. It could last longer, we just don't know yet because it hasn't been longer than six months yet. 

Based on other vaccines and measurements of antibody declines thus far, it seems likely that both mRNA vaccines give 2+ years protection on average. Massive mutation obviously could change the calculus.