~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

As long as your dreams don't start coming true, you're all good.

Some of them were pretty rad, so I kind of hope they do.

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time. Like multiple times a night. After long enough i started to develop a system to realize it was happening. I would wake up and immediately try to wiggle my fingers. If I couldn't, I'd know I'm having an episode and nothing is real. Eventually this system developed into being somewhat able to lucid dream. I can wake up from the bad dreams and keep the rad ones going.

The sleep paralysis doesn't happen anymore. I realized it was caused by sleeping in the light. I got blackout curtains and it mostly went away. And slowly I'm losing my ability to lucid dream as a result. But it's an okay trade off. Waking up to find your roommate hovering behind you talking in a demonic voice about how they want to cut you into pieces and eat you or whatever is fucking terrifying and kind of makes you afraid to go to sleep when it happens every day.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Blue Bell is trending because they knowingly sold ice cream contaminated with listeria.

Is this new or going back a few years when they pulled their product for what seemed like a year or so?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Is this new or going back a few years when they pulled their product for what seemed like a year or so?

It's not a new thing, I'm not sure what kicked it off trending, but the "covid is fake" chuds like Posobiec are now pro Blue Bell for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not a new thing, I'm not sure what kicked it off trending, but the "covid is fake" chuds like Posobiec are now pro Blue Bell for some reason.

It seems that Ben and Jerry’s tweeted some defund the police statement, so the chuds decided Blue Bell is their brand now and the B&J defenders started bringing up the listeria stuff 😂

16 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, “I don’t like the guy, but he’s saying what I want to hear”? Is that the jist?

He brings up absolutely valid points citing history of governments & their fuck ups. Not sure how old you were in 2001/2002 but I was 20/21 at the time. Hearing & seeing all the propaganda to get the masses on board with The Patriot Act was successful in their means to an end while numerous individuals, actual Patriots, had to pay dire consequences for shedding light on just what exactly the Act itself purported versus what it perpetrated. I was stoically against any & all interference in Iraq at that time yet let history tell how fucked that got.

In my years since, when it comes to policies, bills, acts, procedures put forth by those in power for "the greater good", I learn to look at all sides & angels, and attempt to "play the tape through" to both the best possible outcome as well as the worst. Always utilize critical thinking, question everything, come to your own conclusions. The fact that Brand just so happened to voice my exact sentiments, and echo exactly what I have thought about for the last year & where all things very well will inevitably lead, well I found that well worth sharing. At least he's using his platform to ask tough questions & shine light on the inherent evils brought forth that many of the masses will just willingly give forth more of their personal rights & freedoms & play directly into the hands of those with all the power already, all without hesitation is just heart-breaking in my opinion.

Vaccination passports are already a thing. Whether or not you think they're a good idea they're not a new expansion of government power. There's literally no reason to be against this if you're solely coming at it from the angle of "should we give the government more power".

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

https://www.who.int/ith/ith_country_list.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/teenvaxview/groups/college.html

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It has begun... The "it's okay we're vaccinated" people...

I just say good for you, I'm not, put your fucking mask on, please.

I've heard a lot about this locally with people not wearing masks and it's definitely a lot of people just fucking lying about being vaccinated to justify not wearing a mask (which they would have done even without the excuse tbh).

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've heard a lot about this locally with people not wearing masks and it's definitely a lot of people just fucking lying about being vaccinated to justify not wearing a mask (which they would have done even without the excuse tbh).

Shameless plug but this post reminded me of this tweet from last night.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Fantastic news.  Unfortunately this will probably not sway people who are otherwise refusing to get the vaccine.

This one time I will allow people to arm themselves and shoot civilians:

crosman-pnuedart-tranquilizer-dart-gun-1

Let’s load up some of these fuckers and pew pew pew

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Whatever happened to "Trust the experts?"

I would bet good money it was not the advice of experts in epidemiology or mass vaccination that pushed ending these contracts.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Proof? 

Read what experts in those fields are saying on the tweeters. It, uhhh, doesn’t match up with the idea of completely ditching those vaccines.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Read what experts in those fields are saying on the tweeters. It, uhhh, doesn’t match up with the idea of completely ditching those vaccines.

We're completly ditching the vaccines? When was that announced? I know the Europeans are letting their contracts expire with AZ and J&J, but I thought here in America we were pausing while the evaluated the situation but the hope was that they would resume using the J&J shot after a couple of days of review. Also this is the first time this type of adenovirus has been used in humans and there was at least one issue of clotting during J&J's own trial in the fall. Lastly, and I'm sorry, but what people say on Twitter doesn't mean a whole lot to me personally. Again, I see nothing wrong with pausing using these particular vaccines in this instance because all of this is so new... and once again. I GOT the J&J shot and I'm not worried at all. But yeah, let's air on the side of caution with something that we don't know a whole hell a lot about.

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

CA opened up appts to everyone and nothing is available within 25 miles of the places ive checked lol

As I said earlier the earliest I could find was May 11, and that was through KP.org

The myturn website, or whatever it was, didn't show any appointments.