~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Korea had 700 cases today, the highest in 3 months. Plus, they just suspended Astra-zeneca vaccinations over blood clot fears. That was pretty much the only vaccine they were doing. I doubt I get my shot until the fall. :(

Hopefully Novavax HURRIES THE FUCK UP!

Man the second Pfizer shot is no joke...Got it around 11:30, and felt fine most of the day other than some arm soreness; then I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely fucking dogged. Fever, aches, headache, sinuses, the whole works. No bueno.

• Sad 1

Mom is feeling her shot this morning, says she feels flu like. It’s a pretty nice day but my mom is wearing the heaviest sweeter she can to battle the body chills/pains/aches and a headache that just won’t go away. Yesterday she was doing pretty good, minus the injection spot aching 

Looks like we are right around 1/3rd of the population with at least one dose. Reasonable to expect 50%+ by months end. Already at 50% of adult population with at least one dose. Incredible

44 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I feel like the only person on the planet who hasn’t been vaccinated right now 

I have not been yet. Since the isolation doesn't bother me one bit, I have been fine with a "wait and see until it's readily available" approach. 

The vaccine news and availability has been outpacing expectations so much that I finally went online to check options the other night and was surprised to see my state is already mostly opened up with a lot of sites available in my smallish town.

I plan on booking an appointment sometime next week.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
?m=02&d=20210408&t=2&i=1557681380&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. government will allot nearly 85% less Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines to states next week, data from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed.

seems bad

Seems bad but the administration presumably already knew this was coming when they moved up the universal eligibility to April 19 on Tuesday so it can't be that big of a deal.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I hope I can get mine before I have to go to jury duty, then use it as an excuse to not go because I feel so bad after the shot 😫

If you don't want to do jury duty that badly then just reschedule for the week of Thanksgiving or Christmas.

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
?m=02&d=20210408&t=2&i=1557681380&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. government will allot nearly 85% less Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines to states next week, data from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed.

seems bad

While not great, we are not currently supply constrained on vaccinations in the US and can continue our current growth pace well into May even with this reduction on the J&J deliveries. Bigger issue here is that it further slows to the progress in the developing world if we need to completely ditch this manufacturer and have another firm retool a facility to produce the J&J vaccine. Hopefully they can fix whatever issues there are and get the lines back up.

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

While not great, we are not currently supply constrained on vaccinations in the US and can continue our current growth pace well into May even with this reduction on the J&J deliveries. Bigger issue here is that it further slows to the progress in the developing world if we need to completely ditch this manufacturer and have another firm retool a facility to produce the J&J vaccine. Hopefully they can fix whatever issues there are and get the lines back up.

Doesn't have to do with the Baltimore facility iirc

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Doesn't have to do with the Baltimore facility iirc

The article doesn’t explicitly link it, but it certainly infers it with noting the issue at the Baltimore plant at the end of the article.

What would be the reasoning if not the 15 million doses they have to toss out and associated delays with fixing the issue?

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My mom: “That was really easy” after getting her free vaccine at Walmart

me: 👀👀👀👀

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

Anyone that willingly passes up a Moderna vaccine to wait for a Pfizer is an idiot. That is all.

lol people are doing that? I mean, even passing up AstraZeneca or J&J to wait for Pfizer is stupid. Hell, I've seen some people say they'll pass up Pfizer for J&J. None of it makes sense!

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lol people are doing that? I mean, even passing up AstraZeneca or J&J to wait for Pfizer is stupid. Hell, I've seen some people say they'll pass up Pfizer for J&J. None of it makes sense!

I'm trying to get an appointment for a friend of the family and they are pulling this Pfizer only bullshit on me. So frustrating.