~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

When you get right down to it it's the same tired-ass whinging from conservatives as it always is. They literally can't handle the idea that someone might use their "freedom" to do something they don't agree with. 

Like, sorry but it's not wrong for a worker/owner to demand safety in their place of business. Whether that business is a grocery store or an uber. You don't get to obligate them to commerce on your terms. That's not freedom. That is tyranny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

When you get right down to it it's the same tired-ass whinging from conservatives as it always is. They literally can't handle the idea that someone might use their "freedom" to do something they don't agree with. 

Like, sorry but it's not wrong for a worker/owner to demand safety in their place of business. Whether that business is a grocery store or an uber. You don't get to obligate them to commerce on your terms. That's not freedom. That is tyranny. 

Yeah. Say @sblfilms wanted to make sure that people coming to his inside theater were vaccinated to protect his staff or customers or whomever. He would need proof of those who are vaccinated. There could be a million fly by night apps or whatever that try to verify it, or rely on the cards that could fairly easily be counterfeit. It would make sense, at least in the context of this country's political history, to have a government run (or at least endorsed) app to give people and businesses the option of using it and trusting that the vaccination record is legitimate. I imagine that some states may require it for large indoor gatherings or venues (but in the absence of a federal one, states wanting a passport of sorts may do this themselves)

and it's not like we'd need a lot of info to check against. Maybe dob, shot dates, lot numbers, and maybe your first name or initials. VDH has this info for me already

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I love how these cowards think so little of their god and demons. I’m on the last boss of Doom Eternal shooting a demon the size of a building and these motherfuckers are out here on these streets seeing Satan in a vaccine. What absolute boobery.

Christians see Satan everywhere because they're afraid of who they are. 

14 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Christians see Satan everywhere because they're afraid of who they are. 

If only Matthew specifically addressed servants treating one another poorly and how they’d be treated when the master returns.

Again, it boggles the mind that people like MTG believe they have a shot at redemption come the rapture and that they can hide their receipts from the almighty. I have a higher opinion of god’s bookkeeping and I don’t believe in the guy.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, TheLeon said:

Ohio opened up eligibility for everyone today, so of course I can't find anywhere that has appointments available. It's gonna be like trying to find a new console, isn't it? 

Well, I checked my work email when I got in this afternoon, and they’re hosting a pair of events to vaccinate employees and their families tomorrow and two weeks from new. So I have booked my appointments to get the Pfizer vaccine. :dancing2:

Went out to grab some things from Walmart and people were protesting outside our Catholic School Board office over Fake Covid Lockdowns. They had wiseman clothing on, several crosses decorated with what I now think were masks, and “HONK if you hate FAKE lockdowns” signs. I thought Honk, hey that is what a goose sounds like and I have a goose or bird to share with them. One yelled at me “and you have a great day too” I first I felt bad for doing it and then I remember they were saying this shit ain’t really a thing. After seeing family battle it, losing an aunt to it, neighbour losing both parents to it within 3 weeks of each other, and my long hauler symptoms. I just wish I just could of taken both hands off the wheel to flip those fucking stupid jackasses off, as our numbers are still around 2400 daily in Ontario

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Went out to grab some things from Walmart and people were protesting outside our Catholic School Board office over Fake Covid Lockdowns. They had wiseman clothing on, several crosses decorated with what I now think were masks, and “HONK if you hate FAKE lockdowns” signs. I thought Honk, hey that is what a goose sounds like and I have a goose or bird to share with them. One yelled at me “and you have a great day too” I first I felt bad for doing it and then I remember they were saying this shit ain’t really a thing. After seeing family battle it, losing an aunt to it, neighbour losing both parents to it within 3 weeks of each other, and my long hauler symptoms. I just wish I just could of taken both hands off the wheel to flip those fucking stupid jackasses off, as our numbers are still around 2400 daily in Ontario

You know, killing someone in a vehicle is the easiest type of murder to get away with. "A squirrel ran into the road and I swerved into the crowd. I didn't even see them!"

Just joking, of course.