~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Obviously 25 BMI can mean a lot of different things depending on body comp but apparently the extra weight puts extra strain on your heart (which is why I think they decided high BMI qualifies) regardless of body comp. 

They chose BMI because it works 99% of the time and it is super easy. I doubt there are enough athletes/bodybuilders to be worth it to consider something more complicated. 

If you’re in a state that hasn’t opened up to all adults by mid April, you should consider voting against the Governor in the next election because your Governor is screwing up the easiest decision of this entire pandemic. There simply is no justification to wait

What I think I look like when trying to convince friends and family to get vaccinated:

George Clooney Nod GIF

What I actually look like when trying to convince friends and family to get vaccinated:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
200213175736-02-coronavirus-0213-super-t
WWW.CNN.COM

President Biden will announce a new coronavirus vaccine goal of 200 million shots in arms in his first 100 days in office at his 1:15 p.m. ET news conference today, a White House official tells CNN. 

Another whacky goal given the projected number of doses at this point is like 225-235 million by then 😂

Random musing:

I was thinking about behavioral changes we've all adapted to over the last year, and which ones I'd want to see go back to normal and which I'd rather see stay as they are. One of the changes I'd love to see stay is people wearing masks in public when they're sick like they do in east asia. Of course, we know this won't happen since fucking idiots turned wearing masks (or rather not wearing masks) into a political statement. It's a sign of submission to chuds.

How did that happen?  Trump said one sentence: "they're recommending you wear masks, but you don't really have to, I'm not going to." Boom, just like that, wearing a mask meant you were surrendering to ivory tower liberal elite cuckbots.

It's amazing how much idiocy and destruction can be caused by one sentence. Now my dream of people simply wearing masks out when they have a cold will remain a pipe dream.

I've seen some other people want it to remain normal to stay home from work when they're sick. That would be great, but also won't happen.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If he didn't have evidence there's zero reason to run the so called story

I believe he said it during this Pandemic Doctor special they're promoting that airs on Sunday. They are trying to get people to watch this special. 

EDIT: As I typed that, CNN aired the clip... he literally says it's "his opinion" that it started in a lab and that it started months earlier than we initially thought (Which I happen to believe as well)

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I believe he said it during this Pandemic Doctor special they're promoting that airs on Sunday. They are trying to get people to watch this special.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If he didn't have evidence there's zero reason to run his segment

So my city is the North American capital of B.1.1.7. Check this out:

Part of it can be explained that we've vaccinated most people over 70 and a good chunk of people 60+, so there are less old and vulnerable people catching it...but we basically had no one under 40 in the ICU prior to B.1.1.7. It is assumed that 90%+ cases in Regina are B.1.1.7.

This is going to happen to all of North America as B.1.1.7 (and the other VoC) spread. It's why restrictions shouldn't be lifted until we've reached near-herd-immunity.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So my city is the North American capital of B.1.1.7. Check this out:

Part of it can be explained that we've vaccinated most people over 70 and a good chunk of people 60+, so there are less old and vulnerable people catching it...but we basically had no one under 40 in the ICU prior to B.1.1.7. It is assumed that 90%+ cases in Regina are B.1.1.7.

This is going to happen to all of North America as B.1.1.7 (and the other VoC) spread. It's why restrictions shouldn't be lifted until we've reached near-herd-immunity.

US still has basically no international travel restrictions. :/