~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Conservative Premiers in Canada still refuse to admit that the vaccine rollout is now going much more smoothly, are thanking Joe Biden for the 1.5 million AZ doses and not crediting the federal government. So salty. Obviously the US deserves credit...but not really that much, considering the only reason we didn't have those doses to begin with is because the US went all nationalist and prevented shipments from leaving the country even when not being used domesetically. 

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Conservative Premiers in Canada still refuse to admit that the vaccine rollout is now going much more smoothly, are thanking Joe Biden for the 1.5 million AZ doses and not crediting the federal government. So salty. Obviously the US deserves credit...but not really that much, considering the only reason we didn't have those doses to begin with is because the US went all nationalist and prevented shipments from leaving the country even when not being used domesetically. 

If I’m not mistaken, the doses made at the US plant were made exclusively for the US. We aren’t preventing doses bought by other countries from shipping.

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I meant that we would have had orders fulfilled using US factories had the US not banned it.

Not the same as what Italy did to Australia for example. We are the only country that has donated doses afaik. Don’t be an ungrateful hoser!

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not the same as what Italy did to Australia for example. We are the only country that has donated doses afaik. Don’t be an ungrateful hoser!

Oh I'm not being ungrateful! Only noting that these unused doses from the US should never have been sitting there to begin with, and that US production should have been utilized to export more doses from the start, if that was possible.

In local news, my city is on further lockdown after it is now assumed that almost all cases are B.1.1.7. Looks like we are the variant hotspot for North America, now. Private gatherings now forbidden inside homes, and restaurants closed except for takeout/order. Churches are still allowed with 30 people, of course!

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh I'm not being ungrateful! Only noting that these unused doses from the US should never have been sitting there to begin with, and that US production should have been utilized to export more doses from the start, if that was possible.

This is a bad take. You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket, so the US placed orders with a bunch of manufacturers. Now that it’s clear we won’t need the AZ stuff, we can and should ship it out. 

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In local news, my city is on further lockdown after it is now assumed that almost all cases are B.1.1.7. Looks like we are the variant hotspot for North America, now. Private gatherings now forbidden inside homes, and restaurants closed except for takeout/order. Churches are still allowed with 30 people, of course!

Yeah we’re doomed. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is a bad take. You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket, so the US placed orders with a bunch of manufacturers. Now that it’s clear we won’t need the AZ stuff, we can and should ship it out. 

It’s not the US’s fault that AZ fucked up the data.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

41 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I meant that we would have had orders fulfilled using US factories had the US not banned it.

Also by "banned it," I am referring to the US banning other countries from placing orders with US manufacturers.

There are some bad takes online saying that the US was justified in banning outside shipments of anything produced in the US, that other nations should have their own production capability. But that goes against the entire modern idea of specialization of production, and free trade. If the US actually wanted to play that game, then it wouldn't even be able to produce certain things (like medical masks, which require wood pulp only produced in Canada). The US taking an America First stance is very bad for the entire world, but also the US, if it actually goes down that road in a major way. There are advantages to individual nations not producing certain things and duplicating production (and instead doing other things, which are then traded back and forth).

36 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

NJ needs to join this bandwagon of 16+. 

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

They expanded the pre-existing conditions massively. If you need help, reach out to ya boi.

One of them is BMI >= 25, which is a TON of people.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also by "banned it," I am referring to the US banning other countries from placing orders with US manufacturers.

I don’t think this actually happened. Pretty sure the US just moneyhatted all the manufacturers to prioritize the US doses. Could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Don't worry. Toronto & Vancouver will follow you guys shortly. People and Premiers are just being ****king dumb about everything right now.

My mom just signed up for hopefully her Covid shot from a local pharmacy very soon. Looks like it would the J&J vaccine she would be getting it they get enough in. Sadly what she signed up for is not a guarantee for the shot, but she has a confirmation registration code from Shoppers Drug Mart. Which I’m happy to see because me and my mom have had a terrible 7-10 days of these long hauler symptoms. Our hunger is here and there, but mostly no where to be seen on most days. Plus the headaches and lack of energy has been terrible too. Felt pretty good on Monday but that was about it before feeling like shit again. I better get a chance for mine soon too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

Got an appointment for next Tuesday since I'm "overweight". If they are gonna use a shitty measurement like BMI might as well take advantage of it. 

A question on the Covid vaccination qualification questionnaire....

"Can you fit through the kitchen door?"

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

Got an appointment for next Tuesday since I'm "overweight". If they are gonna use a shitty measurement like BMI might as well take advantage of it. 

Obviously 25 BMI can mean a lot of different things depending on body comp but apparently the extra weight puts extra strain on your heart (which is why I think they decided high BMI qualifies) regardless of body comp.