~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Do the peeps that have been fully vaccinated: was your second dose exactly 21/28 days after the first? Mine was 19 days for Pfizer, but I keep seeing people that were exactly 21 and it pisses me off they didn't schedule me 21 days apart.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Do the peeps that have been fully vaccinated: was your second dose exactly 21/28 days after the first? Mine was 19 days for Pfizer, but I keep seeing people that were exactly 21 and it pisses me off they didn't schedule me 21 days apart.

Does the 2 days really matter ?

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Mine was exactly 28 days after my first

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My #2 is scheduled 20 days and 20 hours after my first so I'm super duper concerned

For some reason, I'm more concerned that it's earlier as opposed to later. Baseless fear mongering by my brain. It's like it's been taken over by a conservative.

When I signed up it forced you to schedule the second with your first, 21 days apart. It defaults to same time for each but it let you do different times if you want, which I did because I preferred to go early but I went a little later in the day for the second one hoping it'd be busier and thus wouldn't scrutinize me too closely and just move me along to keep things moving for everyone. :p

42 minutes ago, Joe said:

yeah mine was 21 days 

• Shocked 1

17 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Donuts are like pizza - sure, Pizza Hut may be shitty compared to a lot of other pizzas, but stick one in front of me and you can bet your ass it's going into my mouth.

I read this as “ass-to-mouth”, then saw it was about pizza hut pizza and didn’t see a difference 

:shrug:

12 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm not one to pick fights with my customers, so I just go "mmhmm." What I wanted to say was "so what you're telling is you want the government to tell companies what forms of payment they can or can't accept?"

You just pretend you are even more oblivious and leap in with both feet agreeing with his demand that the government step in. You're in his side, what fight would there be?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Just how much more deadly is the B117 variant? 

210128205422-uk-coronavirus-hospital-012
WWW.CNN.COM

The coronavirus variant B.1.1.7, which was first identified in the United Kingdom, is associated with an estimated 64% higher risk of dying from Covid-19, suggests new research published in a peer-reviewed journal.

According to this 64 deadlier% Also...

10 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

83ea2271-8b31-11eb-9fff-1055c7a0c4ad
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

The Biden administration is optimistic about the results of a clinical trial showing the coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca to be 79 percent effective at...

Federal health officials said early Tuesday that results from a U.S. trial of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine may have relied on “outdated information” that “may have provided an incomplete view of the efficacy data,” casting doubt on an announcement on Monday that had been seen as good news for the company as well as the global vaccination drive.

In a highly unusual statement released after midnight, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that the data and safety monitoring board, an independent panel of medical experts under the National Institutes of Health that has been helping to oversee AstraZeneca’s U.S. trial, had notified government agencies and AstraZeneca late Monday that it was “concerned” by information the drugmaker had released that morning.

The institute urged AstraZeneca to work with the monitoring board “to review the efficacy data and ensure the most accurate, up-to-date efficacy data be made public as quickly as possible.”

In a news release on Monday announcing the results of the U.S. trial, AstraZeneca said that the vaccine it developed with the University of Oxford was 79 percent effective against Covid-19, higher than observed in previous trials, and completely prevented the worst outcomes from the disease. The long-anticipated results were seen as encouraging global confidence in the vaccine, which was shaken this month when more than a dozen countries, mostly in Europe, temporarily suspended the shot’s use over concerns about possible rare side effects.

In recent days, the monitoring board’s analysis was delayed several times because the board had to ask AstraZeneca for revised reports from those handling trial data on behalf of the company, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The monitoring board ultimately conveyed the results of the study to AstraZeneca in a meeting over the weekend, leading to the company’s announcement Monday morning.

Asked about the issues with data submission to the monitoring board, an AstraZeneca spokeswoman, whom AstraZeneca declined to name, said Friday that it was “completely incorrect” that the trial data had formatting problems or had not been submitted to the study monitor in a clean fashion.

“As is often the case,” the spokeswoman said, monitoring boards “can request new or clarifying analyses of data from the trial. This would enable them to ensure the robustness of their determinations.”

14 hours ago, Joe said:

Yes, I had my first dose on March 1st and my 2nd dose yesterday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
210128205422-uk-coronavirus-hospital-012
WWW.CNN.COM

The coronavirus variant B.1.1.7, which was first identified in the United Kingdom, is associated with an estimated 64% higher risk of dying from Covid-19, suggests...

According to this 64 deadlier% Also...

I think this is fine given VAs pace of vaccination and the nature of the restrictions being lifted. Based on current rates (~55k/day), we should have about another half million shots in arms by EOD April 1 bringing the total number of shots to ~3.9mm, an increase of ~14% over the current number of doses administered. Not sure how many J&J that is and how many are the 2-shots though.

We're still in 1B, and won't open up to all virginians until end of April. We have a very high % supply utilized so it's not like we're having trouble filling vaccine appointments, just need more shots.

• Like 1