~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Well, I wanted to give some good news that my grandmother got her second dose on Friday, but...damn it.

The news is mostly good

On 3/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, Ominous said:

Yay fun times here....

My father in law broke his leg a few weeks back and my sister in law came to town to help take care of him.  My wife has had to help him pretty much every day as well, and has had to take him to the ER 2 times since then.

Fast forward to this weekend and my SIL tells my wife she had a cough and fever but didn't want to get a test (she's a teacher yet hasn't gotten the vax because Western Michigan attitude) because then she would have to wait for the results to come back before she could go to work.....never mind the symptoms....but sure as shit she got tested and it came back positive.

Now she has no sense of taste, and was taken to the hospital for stroke like symptoms....

Got my whole family tested today.  I have a runny nose and sore throat, but we'll see what this fucking test says. 

Been working from home and avoid people all year and fuck I'm going to be pissed if this shit is in my house because of my wife's dumb fuck Republican family not taking this shit seriously. They have been going out to eat, kids sporting events, etc this whole time. My wife's dad is an anti masker, and says "the science says masks don't work"  he also has a Trump shrine in his house according to my wife. 

I don't wish poor health on anyone, but fuck part of me wants to just say "see what happens" when you act like this shit isn't real or serious. 

Oh and her teenage son apparently has chest pains now too...

My sister-in-law has been stuck in bed pretty much this entire time. Hasn't been to work, and got her two daughters infected as well. Her doctor has said she will likely need to meet with a cardiologist as well to see about the long term impact this will have on her. Bet that sore arm from the vaccine would have been a better side-effect to deal with.... But that's just me. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

But you just said about the 1526 situation?  Are the vaccines still at least fairly effective against it?

The situation right now is mostly that we just don’t know. Some vigilance is needed, especially in areas where 1526 is already starting to take hold in fairly significant percentages. 

17 hours ago, Ricofoley said:
210320181203-restricted-kent-taylor-supe
WWW.CNN.COM

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor died Thursday, according to a post on the restaurant chain's Facebook page. He was 65.

Wow, I hadn't even heard of tinnitus as a COVID symptom

I didn't realize that the Ernest goes to camp guy founded that resturant. 

Toronto is totally on it’s third wave and probably heading for another lock down by next month. So many people are hanging out in groups outside without mask and this stupid province is allowing for outside dining on Monday with rules nobody is going to follow (only with people you live with, lol).

There was also a large anti lockdown/mask rally this weekend.

:dumpster_fire:

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I wonder if it gets approved here? Something tells me no. The clotting is unbelievably rare, but it happens and we don’t really need the vaccine atm.

We have an agreement with AZ for 300mm doses so we could always have those go to Covax or Mexico or something since we're gonna be pretty well covered by Pfizer/Moderna/J&J

My manager just let my team know that there is a case in our office, and we are all to work from home today until the contact tracing is done. I have been working from home since the fall, so no big deal for me, but I know people weren't taking it as seriously as they should. It is almost certainly a B.1.1.7 case (90% in my city are, now), and assuming it was one of the people who was in the office last week (75% chance), then most of our entire IT team will be forced to self-isolate for two weeks, leaving our entire school division without in-person support of any kind. I hope it was worth it to sit in cubicles in the same room without masks because you were six feet apart!