~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh man, if you had any doubt about whether all the drum banging about "wait your turn for your vaccine" has gone absurdly overboard, I was just talking to someone on the Los Angeles subreddit who was upset because they thought they don't qualify under the health conditions category despite having two preexisting conditions. A little digging and it turns out they fucking had open heart surgery as a kid yet somehow thought they didn't qualify under the LA County medical conditions eligibility list, which includes heart conditions.

Finally managed to convince them that they don't need a doctor or someone with the county to explicitly affirmatively say that their heart issues do qualify and to just fill out the form but yeah holy shit I think we really are at the point where all the fine-grained hair splitting about who does and doesn't qualify is now doing more harm than good. The LA County website says "Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies (but not hypertension)" and I think what finally got through to them was that the stuff like heart failure and coronary artery disease are just examples and that if their situation didn't qualify that they would have listed it along with hypertension as explicitly not qualifying.

@Jason So I had been wondering why I thought it was 2 weeks after the second shot when all the data about Pfizer actually said one week. Turns out that Moderna is 2 weeks after the second shot for full effectiveness and Pfizer is one. I had no idea.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

@Jason So I had been wondering why I thought it was 2 weeks after the second shot when all the data about Pfizer actually said one week. Turns out that Moderna is 2 weeks after the second shot for full effectiveness and Pfizer is one. I had no idea.

I think the messaging is two weeks just to avoid confusion. I had totally forgotten about this though

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think the messaging is two weeks just to avoid confusion. I had totally forgotten about this though

All my family has taken Pfizer, but I am still telling them 2 weeks just to be safe lol.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

DeSantis probably gonna overrule them too. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fx-default-stgec.uplyn
WWW.WPTV.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis would like the Florida Legislature to limit the duration that counties and municipalities enact emergency restrictions on residents.

This man has the dumbest eyes I've ever seen. There is nothing going on in that mind. He has the vacant stare of a particularly dim cow.

210320181203-restricted-kent-taylor-supe
WWW.CNN.COM

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor died Thursday, according to a post on the restaurant chain's Facebook page. He was 65.

The statement said Taylor died by suicide after a battle with Covid-19-related symptoms, including severe tinnitus, or ringing in the ear, and his suffering had increased in recent days.

Wow, I hadn't even heard of tinnitus as a COVID symptom

16 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:
210320181203-restricted-kent-taylor-supe
WWW.CNN.COM

Texas Roadhouse founder and CEO Kent Taylor died Thursday, according to a post on the restaurant chain's Facebook page. He was 65.

Wow, I hadn't even heard of tinnitus as a COVID symptom

LTTTDMZITVHINISW2FNO27VC5Y.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Sudden and permanent hearing loss has emerged as the latest symptom researchers say could be linked to coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The Texas Roadhouse that they brought here is only a couple of years old. I remember when they opened up because a ton of the employees were staying at the hotel and they'd always bring those extra rolls for us to eat.

Why were restaurant employees staying in a hotel? 

30 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Restaurant chains will often bring experienced staff to train and to facilitate a smooth opening for a few weeks.

That and I think it's like a team building thing. Like they all hang out together, work together, etc.

They did same thing with Cheesecake factory.

I was at a crawfish boil yesterday and was really disappointed to hear literally every one of my friends there say they weren’t planning to get the vaccine. One of them did say “When I heard you got it, it did make me think it’s probably fine since you aren’t a follow the leader kinda guy” 😂

Most of it was the “seems rushed, I’ll wait and see” stuff. The Biden admin really needs to do more work to explain the process, explain why vaccine development usually takes longer and why the Covid vaccines made it to market at the speed they did.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I was at a crawfish boil yesterday and was really disappointed to hear literally every one of my friends there say they weren’t planning to get the vaccine. One of them did say “When I heard you got it, it did make me think it’s probably fine since you aren’t a follow the leader kinda guy” 😂

Most of it was the “seems rushed, I’ll wait and see” stuff. The Biden admin really needs to do more work to explain the process, explain why vaccine development usually takes longer and why the Covid vaccines made it to market at the speed they did.

What a lemming, this guy!

8 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

IF they're leading with "I'm gonna wait and see" and not "don't know it's full of microchips?!", I imagine they'll come around at some point.

Nah, man. “Wait and see” is the opening of the anti-vax rabbit hole on social media. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's the priming dose of being susceptibility to all the other bullshit. 

My brother and mom were wait and see people and are now fully vaccinated. So was my wife and now she’s going to get her first shot soon. They are certainly susceptible, but that’s where having a relentless, pain in the ass family member comes in.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's the priming dose of being susceptibility to all the other bullshit. 

I guess I'm assuming that the most you're susceptible to that stuff is before you've heard anyone you know being vaccinated and there's diminishing returns on what anti-vaxxers try and claim as you see more and more people get it and turn out fine.

Interesting, apparently a bad reaction to the first dose may be an indication you had a previous COVID infection. 

EurekAlert-bluebg_Twitter_1200x675.jpg
WWW.EUREKALERT.ORG

Researchers report preliminary evidence that people previously infected with COVID-19 responded very strongly to one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, regardless of when they were infected...

Just now, Jason said:

Interesting, apparently a bad reaction to the first dose may be an indication you had a previous COVID infection. 

EurekAlert-bluebg_Twitter_1200x675.jpg
WWW.EUREKALERT.ORG

Researchers report preliminary evidence that people previously infected with COVID-19 responded very strongly to one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, regardless of when they were infected...

Everybody I know that had a bad reaction to the first had either a confirmed or probable infection prior. And it makes sense thinking if the vaccine as basically the booster shot at that point. My parents had a particularly unpleasant first dose and they were only a month past their infection.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Nah, man. “Wait and see” is the opening of the anti-vax rabbit hole on social media. 

These people all have kids that they definitely vaccinate. It seemed mostly just basic ignorance. I do think I saw of the unfortunate effects of lifting restrictions which is that getting the shot makes no change to their day to day lives. States with more restrictions will have better tools to incentivize the population to get vaccinated.

1 minute ago, SilentWorld said:

Damn. Things are pretty bad in my city as @CitizenVectron can confirm. Sucks it’s becoming the same in the USA. 

Yeah the variants are spreading here fast and people aren't taking it seriously. What worked to barely keep cases under control before is now too weak to even mildly contain the variants.