~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Does any sane, rational, person actually believe Trump is the only reason (fuck even a small reason) "the red tape was cut and a vaccine was developed"?  and that no other person would have done the same thing? 

Sane and rational? No. The majority/average dumbass? Probably.

d309c41e909c8f0dca5cfc54ab4cb1db84bd7e9d
WWW.INFECTIONCONTROLTODAY.COM

Abby Basalely, MD: “The majority of children will recover from MIS-C and we see them thriving and doing well post hospitalization if they need hospitalization for the...

Well, this f’n sucks. I hope P3 for children goes well and we can start vaccinating them too asap.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

BuT if yOu'Re YoUnG aNd HeAlThY... 

That is pretty much what the article says. Notice that obesity is the leading factor in hospital admissions for both adults and children.

The obesity angle is very interesting as it seems to track pretty well with differences in hospitalizations in the west vs the east even in nations that utilized very similar mitigation strategies.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

God damn

A full QUARTER of the adult population with at least one dose in mid March? Incredible. Any state that does not open up vaccination to all adults in early April is just being stupid.

I heard on NPR that California is receiving more new doses per day than they are administering, and now have over 4 million doses in inventory.

Open. It. Up.

@Jasonapparently most sites in Cali, especially pharmacies and the like, do not verify that you fall in to whatever category you claimed. So say you are a teacher and get that shot at Ralph’s or CVS or whatever 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:
anthony-fauci-coronavirus-vaccine.jpg
NEWSWEEK.COM

President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser cautioned against lifting mitigation policies too early during an appearance on NBC News' 'Meet the Press' on Sunday.

Upsetting all Eagles fans who saw DeSean Jackson do this numerous times.

@Greatoneshere

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

XVZWYZUDRMI6XPRCGLJTDWDVGA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Larry Schwartz, head of the state’s vaccine effort, acknowledged making the calls in response to an inquiry by The Washington Post, but said he did so as a 30-year friend of Cuomo and did not discuss vaccines.

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
XVZWYZUDRMI6XPRCGLJTDWDVGA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Larry Schwartz, head of the state’s vaccine effort, acknowledged making the calls in response to an inquiry by The Washington Post, but said he did so as a 30-year...

Mama mia!

21 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

California is opening to pre existing conditions on the 15th! I wonder if I can get it since I take medication for hypertension (I'm always so angry!)

Nobody is verifying anything, if you feel you need it, go get it. Cripple pardon for all.

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

Thought this was interesting even though I generally dislike Frank Luntz and his bs, unscientific focus groups. Republicans need to stop being cowards and spread the word that the vaccines are safe.

How dumb do you have to be to fear the vaccine more than the fucking disease that can kill you? Over 500,000 dead, I'm pretty sure the disease is real.

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

How dumb do you have to be to fear the vaccine more than the fucking disease that can kill you? Over 500,000 dead, I'm pretty sure the disease is real.

They're ignorant, but look at how their opinions change after Christie and the doctor speak. Pretty interesting!

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Just the flu bro

Bro it like doesn't even hurt. Everyone should get Covid.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

They're ignorant, but look at how their opinions change after Christie and the doctor speak. Pretty interesting!

Watching it now, you're right. So, basically, when a Trumper bothers to, ya know, do research, they learn??

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477z60uv93c1hcdqatcz

The best route I’ve had with vaccine hesitant Trump supporters is to explain that the actual testing of the vaccines was standard fare, but that operation warp speed and other Trump administration moves got rid of some of the funding and bureaucratic impediments that typically slow the process of getting vaccines to market.

Helps explain the quick pace isn’t safety related and gives their guy the credit they want

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

Nobody is verifying anything, if you feel you need it, go get it. Cripple pardon for all.

I can't blame some for lying.  The high risk categories on the CDC's website do exclude some who are truly at a high risk.  It's not the fault of the CDC as there's always going to be those rare medical conditions that fall under the radar, but with states treating it as the bible without any interpretation, some people really have no choice but to make a moral decision as to if they should lie.  

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The best route I’ve had with vaccine hesitant Trump supporters is to explain that the actual testing of the vaccines was standard fare, but that operation warp speed and other Trump administration moves got rid of some of the funding and bureaucratic impediments that typically slow the process of getting vaccines to market.

Helps explain the quick pace isn’t safety related and gives their guy the credit they want

Gotta hit the buzzwords that triggers the right Pavlovian response.