~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

If you consider the CDC guidance for fully vaccinated people to no longer quarantine after exposure, you can see the change to no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated people once we hit the point where we need to convince people to get the shot. There simply is no medical reason to wear a mask once fully vaccinated, but still public health reasons to keep mask policy in place while we are short on vaccine supply.

8 minutes ago, Joestradamus said:

240?! for fuck sake. i'm glad we're still anal about opening our packages outside and sanitizing the items before bringing them inside the house.

I mean as long as you're not licking your packages you're probably fine and even then you probably wouldn't have to worry about COVID, surface spread has turned out to really be a nonfactor.

It’s actually getting me angry seeing people who are working from home getting the vaccine before me.

Why the fuck did I risk my health as an essential worker for an entire year if I wasn’t one of the first people in line to get the vaccine?

I just got signed up for the Moderna vaccine tonight!  Get my first round next week on the 15th.  The rollout is going so well here in Michigan that our gov upped the dates and everybody who wants one will be able to by early next month.  Will be nice to put this behind me and try to get my life back on track.  I've been basically sheltered since the beginning as I have some immune issues that put me in the high risk category.  

M6VE3BVB45FALBBUH2EAPCFSWA.JPG
WWW.MLIVE.COM

Residents 16 and older with underlying conditions will be eligible March 22.

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s actually getting me angry seeing people who are working from home getting the vaccine before me.

Why the fuck did I risk my health as an essential worker for an entire year if I wasn’t one of the first people in line to get the vaccine?

That sucks man, you should have got one already. What's the deal?

20 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That sucks man, you should have got one already. What's the deal?

I don’t know, my job was supposed to have a bunch for us from the pharmacy, but of course smokers got put ahead of others.

I’ve signed up at other places to try and get ahead and I haven’t heard back.

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I don’t know, my job was supposed to have a bunch for us from the pharmacy, but of course smokers got put ahead of others.

I’ve signed up at other places to try and get ahead and I haven’t heard back.

I'm really sorry, that's lame as hell. Essential workers should all be vaccinated at this point. I dunno what you should do, but you're in Philly right? I got my appointment through this website which has open appointments regularly if you refresh, just create an account and keep tabs. It's in Camden, but I used my Philly address and it went through just fine. 

MY.COOPERHEALTH.ORG

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I feel you on this. Ive set up access control for live covid wings in various hospitals and other medical facilities, literally there were doctors and nurses who were triple wrapped in gowns with double masks and face shields and I am only given a paper mask. Not so long ago I helped design and configure security cameras and access to the vaccine but I am not eligible for it. I spent weeks in close quarters at a location that lost over 100+ residents to covid and nothing. My wife asks that I not tell her when I go to these locations because she cant handle it. 

Edit: Every cough or sneeze or sore throat or any thing remotely that could be symptoms she gets worried.

• Sad 2

I was guided to a local Facebook group for people looking for vaccines and it's a treasure trove of information.

If there is a similar group of people in your town (and I imagine there is) I would seek it out.

I think that anyone who was highly motivated, eligible and checking that FB group multiple times per day could find a vaccine within a week.

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I was guided to a local Facebook group for people looking for vaccines and it's a treasure trove of information.

If their is a similar group of people in your town (and I imagine there is) I would seek it out.

I think that anyone who was highly motivated, eligible and checking that FB group daily could find a vaccine within a week.

Yeah, the NJ FB group was a game-changer for me

Here in Missouri our dumbass governor sent the vast majority of vaccines to the rural parts of the states (aka his base of republican voters) and it's kind of a mini-scandal.

A lot of people here in St. Louis are driving multiple hours to small towns to get vaccinated. They have more supply than demand in a lot of small towns here. It's pretty dumb.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I just want to say @Joe really helped me out via PM and he deserves all the cool credit for that. Most people would not have taken the time but he did. He is a better human than I am.

While I was able to get my appointment without his help, he did send me a couple texts to try and help me out, so I still appreciate the thought

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

While I was able to get my appointment without his help, he did send me a couple texts to try and help me out, so I still appreciate the thought

PA is a huge bitch but I did recently stumble on these groups that might help @MarSolo:

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

PA CoVID Vaccine Match Maker has 51,714 members. Connect with people and resources needing help or willing to help with CoVID Vaccine scheduling in Southeastern PA.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Covid Vaccine Hunters PA has 880 members. group focus is assisting members in finding vaccine sources and providing covid-related support

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

This whole rollout has boggled my mind and frustrated me.  You as an essential worker should have been near the top of the list.  Even my father who is a senior thinks it's wrong they got priority over essential workers and those who are younger in general.  He felt guilt getting it so early when about the only time he's in public is when he goes shopping.

I've had a little bit of that frustration of being so "essential" that I had to keep showing up to work in a building with a lot of idiots for the past year, but not "at risk" enough to grab a vaccine yet. Luckily, I work at fairly locked down facility, so I'm not dealing with the public all day. And then I started thinking about how my life would change if I got vaccinated tomorrow, and I didn't have a good answer.

Vaccines seem to be getting distributed in Jersey pretty quickly... my stepfather has gotten both of his doses (Pfizer), My dad got his first shot today (moderna) an aunt and uncle have also gotten their first shots and me and my mom are scheduled to get our shots next week. In other news, my best friend and brother-from-another-mother tested postive yesterday. He lives in Florida of course.