~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

They've been saying that Florida has the highest concentration of B117 cases, and watching Florida's numbers lately, they've been kind of flat, but haven't turned around and started increasing. I'm hoping that a resurgence is not inevitable, but who knows.

WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Florida COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Assuming more people get the vaccines, and said vaccines offer at least decent protection from the known varients, could it be possible that we have a Wave 4, but it's not as severe as some of the previous waves?

At the very least there should be far fewer severe cases and resulting deaths due to the oldest in the nation being immunized.

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Assuming more people get the vaccines, and said vaccines offer at least decent protection from the known varients, could it be possible that we have a Wave 4, but it's not as severe as some of the previous waves?

it is pretty much a guarantee that any future waves will be smaller than the ones we saw previously. Especially on the issue of hospitalization and death.

We are nearing 10% fully vaccinated and 20% with at least one dose, and an even higher percentage of the most vulnerable in each of those categories. This doesn’t even factor in the percentage of the population with infection derived immunity. 

We are in much better shape to deal with what is coming 

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

Another normal day in this normal country

first they wanted us to stop reading racist children's book. next they wanted to take away the dick from our potatoes. and now they dont want us to die from the worst pandemic in 100 years.

god damn libs are so hateful.

32 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

first they wanted us to stop reading racist children's book. next they wanted to take away the dick from our potatoes. and now they dont want us to die from the worst pandemic in 100 years.

god damn libs are so hateful.

And how dare you point out the rapey French skunk is rapey.

22 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

People are dying, but the important thing is we keep spreading racist stuff in our media that no one cared about to begin with!

Also, kids of Trump supporters and mask burners are gonna be super fucked up when they get to adulthood. Can't wait for that generation to get to vote!

It took me years to unfuck the conservative brainwashing I received as a kid. It was like a slow chisel on the marble statue of my brain from age like 16 to 25.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It took me years to unfuck the conservative brainwashing I received as a kid. It was like a slow chisel on the marble statue of my brain from age like 16 to 25.

It's an entire process, and most don't even do it - good on you for doing so! But most of those kids be fucked. 

51 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The DeSantis water-carrying has begun.

Weird to compare #27 to #30 like one was way better than the other. And if you weighted the performance relative to the age of the populations (given the strong correlation between age and death), Florida’s numbers compared to Texas and California is fairly impressive.

I mean, as impressed as anybody can be with the scale of disease and death we’ve experienced this last year :p 

Morons: "Wear your mask of you want to, let the rest of us live our lives!"

Restaurant in TX: "Okay. We will keep masks mandatory in our place for a while longer."

Morons: "Yes, hello, ICE? I'd like to report some uppity Mexicans."

BCXNZIDFPJE73AMN6XZ5IIZFAQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

After Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced plans to rescind the statewide mask mandate, the tough choice to enforce public health guidance has fallen to...

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

I was forced out of my work today because I'm experiencing covid symptoms. Today I've thrown up, have diarrhea, my stomach feels REALLY sick, and I have the chills. 

I go to get checked up tomorrow morning. I feel like utter shit right now. Fuck.

• Sad 7

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was forced out of my work today because I'm experiencing covid symptoms. Today I've thrown up, have diarrhea, my stomach feels REALLY sick, and I have the chills. 

I go to get checked up tomorrow morning. I feel like utter shit right now. Fuck.

I do not believe any coronavirus symptoms are gastrointestinal in nature. 

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I do not believe any coronavirus symptoms are gastrointestinal in nature. 

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Did you end up being negative when you were worried recently?

Yeah I came back negative with both tests, took one test at 6 days after the meeting and another one at 10 days after the meeting and both were negative. I guess taking a 3rd at 14 days out wouldn't have been a bad idea but I was feeling fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well it turned out to be my appendix. Getting surgery very soon. No covid.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1