~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

44 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It would be The Woodlands area so we definitely could but the Houston sports scene is imploding.  Thanks for Harden though. 

The Woodlands is very nice, though super NIMBY

PZP2QQZLDBFIPN6VWT3CFR6UTE.png&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

A combination of coronavirus precautions and existing immunity to the flu has nearly eradicated influenza infections and deaths in the United States.

Crazy how infectious this virus is that we smashed the flu, and still 500k and counting COVID deaths.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Rolling out FEMA and the National Guard have been huge as well.

Is it? In Texas we are around 150k doses a day, and 3-4K are FEMA super sites. Are they doing more in other states?

So my mom finally got her first dose of Pfizer today, the only thing they asked her is if she falls in one of the categories, which for her is education. All she did was flash her work badge and that was it.

Am I an asshole for wanting to pull out my old work badge from 5 years ago when I worked at a school district so I can get vaccinated, too? 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Is it? In Texas we are around 150k doses a day, and 3-4K are FEMA super sites. Are they doing more in other states?

The Meadowlands alone is doing about 3k a day in NJ, which is pretty insane.

03virus-briefing-nyjjvaccinepilot-videoS
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Three mass vaccination sites across New York State will begin administering doses overnight, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said this week, as officials seek to use an influx of new vaccines manufactured by Johnson & Johnson to significantly expand the vaccination effort.

I read about how UPMC - one of (if not the) biggest health system in the state, and doubtlessly its biggest vaccine recipient, has been vaccinating all of its employees (even those who do not interact with patients or health care workers) ahead of the general public, so I’ve gone full Joker and will now lie and cheat my way into a vaccine ASAP. If a billion dollar healthcare giant isn’t going to follow to rules than neither will I. 

• Guillotine 1

Just this week, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said she is “really worried about reports that more states are rolling back the exact public health measures we have recommended to protect people from COVID-19.”

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

As daily coronavirus cases plunge, California is barreling toward what would be the widest reopening of businesses, schools and public spaces since the horrific surge of the fall and winter.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

As daily coronavirus cases plunge, California is barreling toward what would be the widest reopening of businesses, schools and public spaces since the horrific surge of the fall and winter.

this whole shithole country is stupid so why not

:shrug:

53 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I read about how UPMC - one of (if not the) biggest health system in the state, and doubtlessly its biggest vaccine recipient, has been vaccinating all of its employees (even those who do not interact with patients or health care workers) ahead of the general public, so I’ve gone full Joker and will now lie and cheat my way into a vaccine ASAP. If a billion dollar healthcare giant isn’t going to follow to rules than neither will I. 

My last post above. I guess I'll use my old work badge then.

Also, my wife was just telling me about an article saying that one of the covid vaccination sites in Santa Clara County (CA) accidentally administered the wrong dosage for the Pfizer shot, an estimated 4000+ got less than they should have for their first shot.

• Guillotine 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

If you succeed, lemme know how you did it.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Wow, you're a line-cutting asshole. In other news, my wife recently started smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. I can't get her to stop!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That's my plan but it didn't get me pre-qualified on Rite Aid's website when I did that! I need the full Ocean's Eleven step-by-step process. :p 

PA doesn’t seem to have any Twitter accounts or Facebook groups that alert you of appointments when they are available. That’s how I’ve been able to get so many appointments.

2 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

My last post above. I guess I'll use my old work badge then.

Also, my wife was just telling me about an article saying that one of the covid vaccination sites in Santa Clara County (CA) accidentally administered the wrong dosage for the Pfizer shot, an estimated 4000+ got less than they should have for their first shot.

Actually Alameda County:

OAK-COLISEUM-VACCINE-LEONG-KTVUBCME01_mp
WWW.KTVU.COM

Thousands of people at the Oakland Coliseum received the wrong dosage of Pfizer vaccine on Monday because of an orange-capped syringe. But the problem has been fixed and state officials said there's no reason to panic.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

PA doesn’t seem to have any Twitter accounts or Facebook groups that alert you of appointments when they are available. That’s how I’ve been able to get so many appointments.

Indeed, PA hasn't been handling all of this too well in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Look at VAMS, too

What's VAMS? I'm down to look at it though. 

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The things I’m talking about are run by regular people, not the state. Like this awesome dude:

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

WWW.CDC.GOV

VAMS is a web-based application that supports planning and execution for COVID-19 vaccination clinics and medical practices that do not have systems to record vaccinations.

that's how my wife was able to sign me up for me vaccine I'm not 100% sure of what you need to look at though

Just now, Joe said:

The things I’m talking about are run by regular people, not the state. Like this awesome dude:

PA has apparently no awesome people to step up then. :(

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.CDC.GOV

VAMS is a web-based application that supports planning and execution for COVID-19 vaccination clinics and medical practices that do not have systems to record vaccinations.

that's how my wife was able to sign me up for me vaccine I'm not 100% sure of what you need to look at though

Ah, much thanks my bru. I will check this out.