~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

It might have encouraged his supporters to get vaccinated.

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Apparently not for everybody.

Trump was touting the vaccines for months, practically taking credit for their existence. I don’t think the type of people who care what Trump says or does and are not wanting the shot would suddenly Lynne swayed because he got it. From my interactions I would say their avoidance has no relation to Trump’s choice to get vaccinated or not.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Trump was touting the vaccines for months, practically taking credit for their existence. I don’t think the type of people who care what Trump says or does and are not wanting the shot would suddenly Lynne swayed because he got it. From my interactions I would say their avoidance has no relation to Trump’s choice to get vaccinated or not.

A  non-zero number of people worship him as a god. At the minimum it wouldn't have hurt and it is incredibly low effort.

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

A  non-zero number of people worship him as a god. At the minimum it wouldn't have hurt and it is incredibly low effort.

“It wouldn’t have hurt” is a pretty low bar to climb over. Tag me when there is evidence that any meaningful number of people chose not to get the vaccine because they didn’t know Trump had got his until March :p 

(reminder: we STILL don’t have enough doses for everybody who currently wants one)

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“It wouldn’t have hurt” is a pretty low bar to climb over. Tag me when there is evidence that any meaningful number of people chose not to get the vaccine because they didn’t know Trump had got his until March :p 

(reminder: we STILL don’t have enough doses for everybody who currently wants one)

I'd also add that there are many people who don't trust Trump and thought there was a possibility that he was putting pressure on the FDA to approve the vaccines to help his reelection. It would have done nothing but help and shows how little he gives a shit about anyone.

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

It would have done nothing

Is the truth. If the revelation that Trump got the vaccine decreases vaccine hesitancy in any measurable way, I’ll send you and Matt $100

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Is the truth. If the revelation that Trump got the vaccine decreases vaccine hesitancy in any measurable way, I’ll send you and Matt $100

I don't agree. It is why Fauci, Biden and other big names are publicly taking it. There are many many antigovernment people on both the right and left that think the government is using the public as guinea pigs. By showing they are taking it themselves it calms fears that the government is experimenting on people.

There is going to be a point where supply is greater than demand and the main goal is to convince holdouts. You don't want to start doing that last minute. 

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Considering how all in on Hydroxychloroquine the right went after Trump talked about it, I'm thinking you are going to have to pay up.

12 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I don't agree. It is why Fauci, Biden and other big names are publicly taking it. There are many many antigovernment people on both the right and left that think the government is using the public as guinea pigs. By showing they are taking it themselves it calms fears that the government is experimenting on people.

There is going to be a point where supply is greater than demand and the main goal is to convince holdouts. You don't want to start doing that last minute. 

If Trump being vaccinated matters, we should see a measurable decrease in vaccine hesitancy from his supporters. I await the evidence.

6 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

Considering how all in on Hydroxychloroquine the right went after Trump talked about it, I'm thinking you are going to have to pay up.

Trump explicitly told people to take it because of all the good things he heard, not because he himself took it. That claim happened later on after people had already begun taking it at his suggestion.

And all along Trump has touted the vaccines, so who are these people who listen to Trump, but ignore his advice on vaccines, and also would be swayed by Trump taking it?

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Hard to care about a vaccine when you believe the disease itself is a liberal hoax. 

Also not sure why I'm quoting myself here, I apparently can't delete it.

When things get stuck in your editor (I think it's a glitch with the functionality to save drafts of posts if you leave the page) you can switch the editor to Source mode and nuke everything, or hit the undo button on the toolbar until it clears everything out.

On the one hand, this is probably necessary to prevent vaccine hesitancy rooted in "what's the point if nothing's gonna change once I'm vaccinated"? On the other hand, oh boy do I see a lot of problems cropping up as a result of people taking this as carte blanche well beyond what's actually being recommended as okay, and people just outright fucking lying about their vaccination status. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

On the one hand, this is probably necessary to prevent vaccine hesitancy rooted in "what's the point if nothing's gonna change once I'm vaccinated"? On the other hand, oh boy do I see a lot of problems cropping up as a result of people taking this as carte blanche well beyond what's actually being recommended as okay, and people just outright fucking lying about their vaccination status. 

Got it, time to fully open all bars and concert venues

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is dumb policy. THIS has real potential to dissuade some folks from getting the vaccine if they can go on about their lives without having the get the shot. Abbott continuing his reign as the most cowardly governor in the nation. He got roasted over the statewide lockdown and has been bowing down to the will of the mob ever since.

On a personal level I’m allllll about it though :p 

42 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is dumb policy. THIS has real potential to dissuade some folks from getting the vaccine if they can go on about their lives without having the get the shot. Abbott continuing his reign as the most cowardly governor in the nation. He got roasted over the statewide lockdown and has been bowing down to the will of the mob ever since.

On a personal level I’m allllll about it though :p 

sbl seeing that Black Widow release date rapidly approaching