~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Two months old but

Sure but if that translates to these military numbers that's 6.7% of the refusing servicemembers being Democrats, as opposed to what Brick said about ALL the refusers being MAGA. 

HRZNPDE7KFAHBD5R2JCMSA3CRQ.jpg
WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s administration spent $281.5 million in federal COVID-19 relief money on Chicago Police Department personnel costs, prompting an angry response from activists and some aldermen.

That's $282 million out of a total of $403 million.

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

I heard a tip from the pharmacist at another Walmart today: find out what time your local store ends vaccinations (seems to be 6p in most locations) and show up around 5:40p to see if they had any no-shows and they will often let you snag a no-shows vaccine. Obviously no guarantees, but may be worth a shot if you’re getting antsy about not getting vaccinated yet.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I heard a tip from the pharmacist at another Walmart today: find out what time your local store ends vaccinations (seems to be 6p in most locations) and show up around 5:40p to see if they had any no-shows and they will often let you snag a no-shows vaccine. Obviously no guarantees, but may be worth a shot if you’re getting antsy about not getting vaccinated yet.

I wonder how many $6 half gallon jugs of milk I'm going to have to pretend to buy at cvs until this happens to me

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: US life expectancy falls by a year amid pandemic

_117072739_gettyimages-1297711948.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

It is the largest decline in decades and the coronavirus pandemic is a major factor, experts say.

Hey remember when Trump asked us what do we have to lose by voting for him? 

Guess we know the answer now.

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
_116749683_japanwomansuicide_illustratio
WWW.BBC.COM

For the first time in 11 years, suicide among women has gone up, and the pandemic is playing a part.

Well, yeah. Don't have a culture that places emphasis on individual sacrifice for private companies, and suppresses personal happiness at its expense. If everyone in Japan worked 37.5 hours a week it would be a happier country (also reducing the misogyny).

3 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

i guess he got an email this morning when he was scheduled for later this afternoon

I worked a shift Wednesday evening and the site I was at had to stop taking appointments, couldn't take properly documented walk-ups, and also wasn't able to vaccinate the volunteers that had done three shifts. I know they hope this weather clears up, but I think this type of delay creates a domino effect that becomes more difficult to manage when you're many vaccine sites around the country are going to be just starting to give second doses. 

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

sigh my dads vaccine appt got canceled today due to "lack of available vaccines" 

First or second appointment and for Moderna or Pfizer? Saw that a lot of Moderna shipments got delayed due to winter storms on the east coast.

AOC.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

AOC says she supports ‘state’s return to co-equal governance and stand with our local officials calling for full investigation of Cuomo administration’s handling of nursing homes during COVID-19’

If 2021 gives me the downfall of Andrew Cuomo, I will be pleased.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

A perfect summation of the MAGA-era GOP. Woman in a literal glass prison insists she's actually freer than everyone else because she's maybe triggering some libs while she's in there.

She's legit insane. The best thing that can happen is she loses the GOP nomination to a not as loony person and run 3rd party for governor

32 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
AOC.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

AOC says she supports ‘state’s return to co-equal governance and stand with our local officials calling for full investigation of Cuomo administration’s handling of nursing homes during COVID-19’

If 2021 gives me the downfall of Andrew Cuomo, I will be pleased.

Time to take back his Emmy. 

Big news:

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

The vaccine generates robust immunity after one dose and can be stored in ordinary freezers instead of at ultracold temperatures, according to new research and data released...

The findings provide strong arguments in favor of delaying the second dose of the two-shot vaccine, as the U.K. has done. They could also have substantial implications on vaccine policy and distribution around the world, simplifying the logistics of distributing the vaccine.

A single shot of the vaccine is 85% effective in preventing symptomatic disease 15 to 28 days after being administered, according to a peer-reviewed study conducted by the Israeli government-owned Sheba Medical Center and published in the Lancet medical journal. 

40 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

A perfect summation of the MAGA-era GOP. Woman in a literal glass prison insists she's actually freer than everyone else because she's maybe triggering some libs while she's in there.

Pretty pointless if it's not enclosed on the top and back too, which it looks like it's not.

GettyImages-1230596189-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

The pharma giant and partner BioNTech have asked FDA to revise the vaccine's label.

If approved, the new storage conditions would allow the vaccine to be kept at a mere -25°C to -15°C (-13°F to 5°F)—a temperature range any standard freezer can handle—for up to two weeks. And the vaccine doses can then be kept at standard refrigerator temperatures of 2⁰C to 8⁰C  for five days on top of that.

• Shocked 2