Jump to content

~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~


Recommended Posts

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

 

After @mclumber1's peanut butter story I don't blame them for turning down another shot.

 

There were other shots that weren't fun.  On the ship, we had to get the smallpox vaccine, which creates a nice blister, eventually scabbing over, and then leaves a scar on your arm to remind you of your sacrifice.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Two months old but

 

 

 

Sure but if that translates to these military numbers that's 6.7% of the refusing servicemembers being Democrats, as opposed to what Brick said about ALL the refusers being MAGA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

 

There were other shots that weren't fun.  On the ship, we had to get the smallpox vaccine, which creates a nice blister, eventually scabbing over, and then leaves a scar on your arm to remind you of your sacrifice.  

 

 

Thank you for your sacrifice

Link to post
Share on other sites
HRZNPDE7KFAHBD5R2JCMSA3CRQ.jpg
WWW.CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM

Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s administration spent $281.5 million in federal COVID-19 relief money on Chicago Police Department personnel costs, prompting an angry response from activists and some aldermen.

 

 

That's $282 million out of a total of $403 million.

 

 

 

 

  • Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a tip from the pharmacist at another Walmart today: find out what time your local store ends vaccinations (seems to be 6p in most locations) and show up around 5:40p to see if they had any no-shows and they will often let you snag a no-shows vaccine. Obviously no guarantees, but may be worth a shot if you’re getting antsy about not getting vaccinated yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I heard a tip from the pharmacist at another Walmart today: find out what time your local store ends vaccinations (seems to be 6p in most locations) and show up around 5:40p to see if they had any no-shows and they will often let you snag a no-shows vaccine. Obviously no guarantees, but may be worth a shot if you’re getting antsy about not getting vaccinated yet.

I wonder how many $6 half gallon jugs of milk I'm going to have to pretend to buy at cvs until this happens to me

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: US life expectancy falls by a year amid pandemic

_117072739_gettyimages-1297711948.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

It is the largest decline in decades and the coronavirus pandemic is a major factor, experts say.

 

Hey remember when Trump asked us what do we have to lose by voting for him? 

Guess we know the answer now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
_116749683_japanwomansuicide_illustratio
WWW.BBC.COM

For the first time in 11 years, suicide among women has gone up, and the pandemic is playing a part.

 

 

Well, yeah. Don't have a culture that places emphasis on individual sacrifice for private companies, and suppresses personal happiness at its expense. If everyone in Japan worked 37.5 hours a week it would be a happier country (also reducing the misogyny).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

my county received more vaccines than anticipated so instead of waiting until march, my appointment for my first dose is scheduled on tuesday at noon! it’s happening!! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

sigh my dads vaccine appt got canceled today due to "lack of available vaccines" 

 

When did you find out?  Did they call you this morning to tell you that?

 

Now I'm hoping mine for this Monday doesn't get canceled...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

 

When did you find out?  Did they call you this morning to tell you that?

 

Now I'm hoping mine for this Monday doesn't get canceled...

 

i guess he got an email this morning when he was scheduled for later this afternoon

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

 

i guess he got an email this morning when he was scheduled for later this afternoon

I worked a shift Wednesday evening and the site I was at had to stop taking appointments, couldn't take properly documented walk-ups, and also wasn't able to vaccinate the volunteers that had done three shifts. I know they hope this weather clears up, but I think this type of delay creates a domino effect that becomes more difficult to manage when you're many vaccine sites around the country are going to be just starting to give second doses. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

sigh my dads vaccine appt got canceled today due to "lack of available vaccines" 

 

First or second appointment and for Moderna or Pfizer? Saw that a lot of Moderna shipments got delayed due to winter storms on the east coast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

First or second appointment and for Moderna or Pfizer? Saw that a lot of Moderna shipments got delayed due to winter storms on the east coast.

 

was going to be his first but im not sure which one he was scheduled for

Link to post
Share on other sites
AOC.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

AOC says she supports ‘state’s return to co-equal governance and stand with our local officials calling for full investigation of Cuomo administration’s handling of nursing homes during COVID-19’

 

If 2021 gives me the downfall of Andrew Cuomo, I will be pleased.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

A perfect summation of the MAGA-era GOP. Woman in a literal glass prison insists she's actually freer than everyone else because she's maybe triggering some libs while she's in there.

She's legit insane. The best thing that can happen is she loses the GOP nomination to a not as loony person and run 3rd party for governor

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
AOC.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

AOC says she supports ‘state’s return to co-equal governance and stand with our local officials calling for full investigation of Cuomo administration’s handling of nursing homes during COVID-19’

 

If 2021 gives me the downfall of Andrew Cuomo, I will be pleased.

 

Time to take back his Emmy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big news:

 

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

The vaccine generates robust immunity after one dose and can be stored in ordinary freezers instead of at ultracold temperatures, according to new research and data released...

 

Quote

The findings provide strong arguments in favor of delaying the second dose of the two-shot vaccine, as the U.K. has done. They could also have substantial implications on vaccine policy and distribution around the world, simplifying the logistics of distributing the vaccine.

 

A single shot of the vaccine is 85% effective in preventing symptomatic disease 15 to 28 days after being administered, according to a peer-reviewed study conducted by the Israeli government-owned Sheba Medical Center and published in the Lancet medical journal. 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

A perfect summation of the MAGA-era GOP. Woman in a literal glass prison insists she's actually freer than everyone else because she's maybe triggering some libs while she's in there.

 

Pretty pointless if it's not enclosed on the top and back too, which it looks like it's not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...