~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

30 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
andrew-cuomo.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Although Cuomo's emergency pandemic powers will expire April 30, 14 Democratic state senators are joining Republicans in calling for those powers to be rescinded immediately.

Rough week for governors. Newsom also reached 1.5m signatures for recall.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

For shitty governors yeah

Oh, agreed. 

Cali was a mess last time I was there two years ago, and old friends tell me its worse now. Its not just the rich leaving, a lot of the guys I know who settled there after leaving the military want out.

When LA is covered in tents, and you literally need to worry about stepping in human feces while walking down the street, the whole state government has failed.

Hard to bring up Newsom in this. I think he went both ways of trying to appease the masses. You had the CHUDS who where against lockdowns and masks of any kind, and then "followed science" and tried to make them happy and reopened everything so in a way he failed both sides but one side was always going to hate on him.

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hard to bring up Newsom in this. I think he went both ways of trying to appease the masses. You had the CHUDS who where against lockdowns and masks of any kind, and then "followed science" and tried to make them happy and reopened everything so in a way he failed both sides but one side was always going to hate on him.

Maybe he should have lead by example. 

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I can't tell if you people are getting incredibly lucky with your vaccine appointments, or just spend all day mashing refresh. :p

Not all states have opened up like PA and NJ.I was helping my buddy with parents in CA and they literally had open appointments just sitting there. Wild.

5 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I can't tell if you people are getting incredibly lucky with your vaccine appointments, or just spend all day mashing refresh. :p

The local United Way is organizing clinics for seniors and they set up an extremely good alert system...I got a robocall the day before stating all the registration details, then a follow up email with the same information, then the next day an email the moment the site went live. I did some white-knuckle F5'ing for a few seconds, but I was fortunate enough to snag a spot for my dad (apparently all the slots went within ten minutes, and the site crashed at one point).

30 minutes ago, Iculus said:

It is a completely unnecessary regurgitation of year old information. We are never going to get unfiltered data from China. Anything that the morons in the Trump administration considered isn't news worthy. 

The White House on Saturday called on China to make available data from the earliest days of the Covid-19 outbreak, saying it has "deep concerns" about the way the findings of the World Health Organization's coronavirus report were communicated.

This was from this past weekend not from a year ago.

Jake Sullivan said in a statement that it is imperative that the report be independent and free from "alteration by the Chinese government"

Jake Sullivan is the current NSA to President Biden. He was picked by Biden for the job and took office January 20, 2021.

Sullivan noted that President Joe Biden had quickly reversed the decision to disengage from the WHO, but said it was imperative to protect the organization's credibility.

"Re-engaging the WHO also means holding it to the highest standards," Sullivan said. "We have deep concerns about the way in which the early findings of the Covid-19 investigation were communicated and questions about the process used to reach them."

"It is imperative that this report be independent, with expert findings free from intervention or alteration by the Chinese government," Sullivan said.

"To better understand this pandemic and prepare for the next one, China must make available its data from the earliest days of the outbreak," he said.

Going forward, all countries, including China, should participate in a transparent and robust process for preventing and responding to health emergencies, Sullivan said.

This is from the current administration not from Trump.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

This was from this past weekend not from a year ago.

Jake Sullivan is the current NSA to President Biden. He was picked by Biden for the job and took office January 20, 2021.

This is from the current administration not from Trump.

I read the article. The "escaped from a lab" nonsense was spouted by the Trump administration. Of course we are going to re-engage with the WHO now that there are adults in the room. There is nothing new in this article. It doesn't matter when it was written. 

35 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I read the article. The "escaped from a lab" nonsense was spouted by the Trump administration. Of course we are going to re-engage with the WHO now that there are adults in the room. There is nothing new in this article. It doesn't matter when it was written. 

You did not read the article before you commented 😂 

That article is trying to connect two things that aren't connected, the WHO has said as much that it didn't come from a lab this was always a Trump propaganda thing, but that China was dragging its feet on access to all of its data, and the Biden admin is backing them up saying China needs to release all of its information, while making no accusation whatsoever that it came from a lab.  They just love them flashy headlines from the Trump days.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You did not read the article before you commented 😂 

yes I did. I didn't feel the need to post specifics because of who posted the article. Someone had a deadline and slapped together a superfluous piece that provides zero new information. 

2 minutes ago, Iculus said:

yes I did. I didn't feel the need to post specifics because of who posted the article. Someone had a deadline and slapped together a superfluous piece that provides zero new information. 

The new information is reporting what the Biden administration said literally this weekend