~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Just a reminder that the only good Kennedy is a dead one.

210210210355-robert-f-kennedy-jr-file-su
WWW.CNN.COM

Instagram on Wednesday took down the account of controversial anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

I don't even know if that's true anymore:

https://www.altpress.com/news/dead-kennedy-mitt-romney-twitter-responses/

Anecdotally, I’m seeing a lot more of my younger friends and family posting they have appointments for shots the last 5 days. Hang in there everybody. It’s getting better

County I work in said they have the Pfizer vaccine to start giving out to people who work in education next week. It still goes by age though, so I'll be in the last group since I'm 26. Might not get it until March but it's very exciting to see that things are actually moving!

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hope the pharmacies like CVS have increased staffing for this, it'll be a shitshow if they're still operating at their usual extremely understaffed levels. 

When I looked at the Walmart website, all the stores had appointments space 20 minutes apart which suggests to me that they are still doing theirs with one pharmacist per location at this time. Probably suffices for the current availability, but more will be needed in the future as we try and get more doses delivered to sites and into arms.

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'll keep checking PA's website on vaccine locations, but I still say it will be until at least March to get mine.

I want February over with already!

Are you spamming that refresh button or just checking every now and then?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

When I looked at the Walmart website, all the stores had appointments space 20 minutes apart which suggests to me that they are still doing theirs with one pharmacist per location at this time. Probably suffices for the current availability, but more will be needed in the future as we try and get more doses delivered to sites and into arms.

They have to monitor you for 15 minutes after the shot to make sure you don't have any reactions so 20 minutes apart could also just be to avoid crowding in the stores.

Honestly beyond all the other reasons it was probably dumb to involve CVS et al is the fact that making people hang around inside for a COVID shot just seems like a dumb idea. It should be done outdoors as much as humanly possible.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They have to monitor you for 15 minutes after the shot to make sure you don't have any reactions so 20 minutes apart could also just be to avoid crowding in the stores.

Honestly beyond all the other reasons it was probably dumb to involve CVS et al is the fact that making people hang around inside for a COVID shot just seems like a dumb idea. It should be done outdoors as much as humanly possible.

This is a good point. How are you they going to do the 15 minute monitor thing in store?!

28 minutes ago, johnny said:

County I work in said they have the Pfizer vaccine to start giving out to people who work in education next week. It still goes by age though, so I'll be in the last group since I'm 26. Might not get it until March but it's very exciting to see that things are actually moving!

No vaccines for Biden haters

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Walmart here is doing the shots outside at your vehicle

3 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Rite Aid was supposed to open up vaccinations in PA.

Checking their website, I don't see a difference.  I'm still seeing nothing but "No appointments available in your area".

I'm getting the same - Philly is different than the rest of PA (for whatever the fuck reason) but while I applied in general on the Philadelphia Covid website, nothing from Rite-Aid, CVS, or Wal-Mart yet.

I don't know why, we're a liberal city and we'll actually use the vaccines. C'mon vaccine guys! Then again, we had that vaccine scandal, so whatever. We're 49% black here, us minorities need it badly.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Legit: why can't someone just go to their primary doctor for the vaccine? If your doctor is equipped for vaccinations (ie: flu), why can't people just book with them? 

You will eventually, but right now it’s a distribution logistics issue of getting the vaccine to a bunch of different locations. If we had good public transportation, we would actually be best served with only massive walk-thru/drive-thru setups. But we don’t, so we need this sort of middle-space. Another big positive of the increasing doses is that we will fairly quickly get to the point of regular doctor’s offices having these. Especially the J&J shot.