~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

38 minutes ago, Joe said:

Dude you have to be fast and be smashing that auto-refresh button. Have your autofill ready to go.

I would also say don't bother putting in insurance information since it's likely to just slow you down. Give them your insurance info later if possible/requested but don't waste time getting it in while booking the appointment.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

I would also say don't bother putting in insurance information since it's likely to just slow you down. Give them your insurance info later if possible/requested but don't waste time getting it in while booking the appointment.

Ugh, this is all like when I tried to preorder an SNES Classic all over again...

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
afp_fl1vl_50172211.jpg
NATIONALPOST.COM

Move was 'unexpected, unacceptable, inconsiderate'

My uncle is a travel agent and told me that Canadian decision cuts out something like 20% of his commissions because Alaskan cruises are ridiculously popular with Texans.

But understandable

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My uncle is a travel agent and told me that Canadian decision cuts out something like 20% of his commissions because Alaskan cruises are ridiculously popular with Texans.

But understandable

It's more of an issue with US law, rather than a Canadian issue.  US government could allow foreign flagged ships to go directly from Seattle to Alaskan ports and make the problem go away.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's more of an issue with US law, rather than a Canadian issue.  US government could allow foreign flagged ships to go directly from Seattle to Alaskan ports and make the problem go away.

I know, Jones act and such.

Biden's been in office only 3 weeks, and he inherited no Covid vaccine distribution plan. I'm sure things will (hopefully) continue to speed up. I imagine once we get through this impeachment trial and pass this major Covid relief bill and get all of Biden's cabinet, etc. appointments through we can continue to ever more focus on vaccine distribution. 

Separately, can anyone explain to me how my wife and I can get a quicker way than just waiting for our phase to arrive for the vaccine if we live in Philadelphia, PA? Anyone know any tricks? I keep hearing about people able to get it sooner than they should, so are my wife and I in a position to do that for where we live (Philadelphia County)? I have a car, but not sure if I'm "allowed" to get it elsewhere? And if I was, how would I go about doing so? Any help would be appreciated!

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Separately, can anyone explain to me how my wife and I can get a quicker way than just waiting for our phase to arrive for the vaccine if we live in Philadelphia, PA? Anyone know any tricks? I keep hearing about people able to get it sooner than they should, so are my wife and I in a position to do that for where we live (Philadelphia County)? I have a car, but not sure if I'm "allowed" to get it elsewhere? And if I was, how would I go about doing so? Any help would be appreciated!

Seems dependent on each state, for that matter each county. My son and I are going for our 1st shot here in about an hour. My son is technically in the current group due to his job, but I fall back a bit into a different phase. But our county was told by the state to give it to anyone that signs up for appointments (but they are doing it in blocks of 10 at a time). If we lived in any of the surrounding counties we wouldn't be able to get it because they are still on the elderly. 

Also it should be noted that Nevada is distributing to counties sort of oddly. My county received about 1200 first doses this round, our population is about 4,000. One county over is receiving about 2,000 with a population of 25,000. It makes no sense on how they are distributing it here.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Seems dependent on each state, for that matter each county. My son and I are going for our 1st shot here in about an hour. My son is technically in the current group due to his job, but I fall back a bit into a different phase. But our county was told by the state to give it to anyone that signs up for appointments (but they are doing it in blocks of 10 at a time). If we lived in any of the surrounding counties we wouldn't be able to get it because they are still on the elderly. 

Also it should be noted that Nevada is distributing to counties sort of oddly. My county received about 1200 first doses this round, our population is about 4,000. One county over is receiving about 2,000 with a population of 25,000. It makes no sense on how they are distributing it here.  

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too, thanks for the info! That's great you guys are getting the vaccine though, happy for you guys, always a good thing! Make sure to stay masked up, etc. afterwards until we reach herd immunity, etc. 

Anyone have additional details on my specific situation or ways to jump ahead, etc? If 30% of Americans won't even take the vaccine, seems like my wife and I could get ahead.

My gut feeling is we will be north of 3m/day sometime in the second half of March, and could possibly surge higher as in addition to more doses available we have a larger percentage of the medical labor force available to administer now that so many of them are vaccinated.

Regardless of policy, I fully expect most people in America to be treating things as totally normal by mid summer once they have gotten the shot. You already have a lot of people who haven’t been vaccinated and are treating things as normal. Good luck keeping anything closed, or even seeing masks worn in any larger percentages by Independence Day.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My gut feeling is we will be north of 3m/day sometime in the second half of March, and could possibly surge higher as in addition to more doses available we have a larger percentage of the medical labor force available to administer now that so many of them are vaccinated.

Regardless of policy, I fully expect most people in America to be treating things as totally normal by mid summer once they have gotten the shot. You already have a lot of people who haven’t been vaccinated and are treating things as normal. Good luck keeping anything closed, or even seeing masks worn in any larger percentages by Independence Day.

Ugh, I hope you are wrong, but it would not surprise me in the least that you end up being right.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

This was a point that scott gottlieb touched on in a recent op-ed

Great, can't avoid going into the office for a couple of hours on Tuesday and it's for something where I have to sit in a room with someone for a couple of hours, and the room doesn't even have windows. 

Just did my first full shave in something like 10 years and I look so weird in the mirror. I haven't bothered shaving during the pandemic until this point since usually it's not like I'm going inside anywhere for very long anyhow but for being inside for so long I want to make sure the N95 can seal properly. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
1613046754514_tdy_news_7a_dr_fauci_vacci
WWW.TODAY.COM

Dr. Anthony Fauci tells TODAY that the pace of coronavirus vaccinations will pick up “as we get into March and April” and that by April, it will be “open season” for...

:pray:

Relatedly:

first graders could get the vaccine by September. My daughter won't be old enough by then but hopefully there's enough protection to keep her safe for another year until she can get it herself