Jump to content

~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Also, liberal media with headlines like this isn't helping anyone.

 

210113173026-us-stimulus-check---stock-s
WWW.CNN.COM

Congress is negotiating a fresh stimulus package that would include a third round of stimulus checks, but while there's broad agreement on the need for more direct payments...

 

Not even a month in office, and we're at "if at all".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You know damn well what i mean. Its one of the reddest states in the union. Your hyperbole does nothing to help the actual problems in dealing with a populace that has deep, deep conviction in their cultish beliefs, and will be responsible for her future. She's put in power by those people. Its not unanimous, but its far beyond 50+1

 

Repeal of the mask mandate is indefensible and you know it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joe said:

 

Repeal of the mask mandate is indefensible and you know it.

Sure, to me and you. But we aren't voting for her anyway. Again, whats the point of a mandate nobody listens to. Like I said in my first post, I have close friends in Iowa, I talk to them often, they said 1 in 50 were wearing masks. Stores weren't requiring it even when the government did. 

Our government caused this. They made a damn virus a political issue, what did they expect would happen in one of the most divided countries in the world. Don't get me wrong, im aware the right was far more insidious about it than the left, but both sides are at fault. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Sure, to me and you. But we aren't voting for her anyway. Again, whats the point of a mandate nobody listens to. Like I said in my first post, I have close friends in Iowa, I talk to them often, they said 1 in 50 were wearing masks. Stores weren't requiring it even when the government did. 

Our government caused this. They made a damn virus a political issue, what did they expect would happen in one of the most divided countries in the world. Don't get me wrong, im aware the right was far more insidious about it than the left, but both sides are at fault. 


Defending the repeal of a mask mandate is an odd hill to die on. If no one was following it anyway, just keep it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Sure, to me and you. But we aren't voting for her anyway. Again, whats the point of a mandate nobody listens to. Like I said in my first post, I have close friends in Iowa, I talk to them often, they said 1 in 50 were wearing masks. Stores weren't requiring it even when the government did. 

Our government caused this. They made a damn virus a political issue, what did they expect would happen in one of the most divided countries in the world. Don't get me wrong, im aware the right was far more insidious about it than the left, but both sides are at fault. 


You don’t know what the situation is like in all of Iowa and even if 1 out of 50 wore a mask, that could still save lives. By removing the mandate, now nobody will wear masks because they will think this is a sign that they don’t work. Again, indefensible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:


Defending the repeal of a mask mandate is an odd hill to die on. If no one was following it anyway, just keep it.

Yeah, thats a fair point. But political pressure is a real thing. Im not defending it, im saying I understand why she did it. To keep her job. And as horrible as she is, ousting her will probably only get the US another MTG in power, except the next one might be competent.

 

I agree ending it was dumb, but I still get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I like the both sides at the end to really drive it home his point of view is dumb.

No, bullshit. Both sides politicized the hell out of this. It became a culture war. But both sides saw a way to whip the base, and they did. 

The only public response by politicians on both sides should have been to reassure and protect, instead it was used as publicity for an upcoming election. Just because the right is more disgusting, it doesn't mean the lefts bs should be ignored. 

 

Nancy goes to a salon she helped close, is shocked when she's outed. Newsom closes restaurants, goes dining with pals! It happens over and over. At least the damn Republicans admitted they just didn't care, instead of playing a game of "Do as I say, not as I do".

 

The GOP being the bad guys doesn't make the democrats the good guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah, thats a fair point. But political pressure is a real thing. Im not defending it, im saying I understand why she did it. To keep her job. And as horrible as she is, ousting her will probably only get the US another MTG in power, except the next one might be competent.

 

I agree ending it was dumb, but I still get it.


I’d argue that any political pressure/repercussions for her will be a lot worse when death rates and/or hospitalizations spike and she has to reinforce it. Better to just leave it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah, thats a fair point. But political pressure is a real thing. Im not defending it, im saying I understand why she did it. To keep her job. And as horrible as she is, ousting her will probably only get the US another MTG in power, except the next one might be competent.

 

I agree ending it was dumb, but I still get it.

 

Even if she was primaried and lost, her replacement would not take over until 2023. Just stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

No, bullshit. Both sides politicized the hell out of this. It became a culture war. But both sides saw a way to whip the base, and they did. 

The only public response by politicians on both sides should have been to reassure and protect, instead it was used as publicity for an upcoming election. Just because the right is more disgusting, it doesn't mean the lefts bs should be ignored. 

 

Nancy goes to a salon she helped close, is shocked when she's outed. Newsom closes restaurants, goes dining with pals! It happens over and over. At least the damn Republicans admitted they just didn't care, instead of playing a game of "Do as I say, not as I do".

 

The GOP being the bad guys doesn't make the democrats the good guys. 

lol.  One side turned it into a culture war, but sure some dems did stupid things, despite consistently trying to pass more relief bills so people could stay home, so "Both sides!"  "These guys wanted to kidnap and execute the Michigan Governor over the lockdown!"  "Well, Pelosi went to the salon without a mask, thats basically the same thing!"

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

 


1. Ouch

 

2. I know next to nothing about the process but I’m pretty sure 3ish weeks is way faster than these things normally happen

 

3. Nate posts these things because he takes pleasure in getting flogged, of this I am now sure

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

 


Nate definitely needs to stfu about this stuff, but so do people that love to put down what he does at every opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom said what the vaccination center told her is that they'll just make an exception for my brother to be inside without a mask. :/ Not ideal. I hope they're at least not in there for too long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad has not appeared outside in the last couple of weeks. One of my uncles called me yesterday asking what was going on since he had called him and text him to no response. I think he's getting better, and my mom is back to normal, but dad won't bother responding to texts. Honestly, I think he's embarrassed and sad that our oldest caught Covid from going over to their house when they were deluding themselves into thinking my brother didn't have it and didn't bother to tell us that they had been exposed.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

My dad has not appeared outside in the last couple of weeks. One of my uncles called me yesterday asking what was going on since he had called him and text him to no response. I think he's getting better, and my mom is back to normal, but dad won't bother responding to texts. Honestly, I think he's embarrassed and sad that our oldest caught Covid from going over to their house when they were deluding themselves into thinking my brother didn't have it and didn't bother to tell us that they had been exposed.

 

My grandpa died in 2019. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just relieved he isn't going through the current situation. Taking care of him with the current situation would have been a fucking nightmare and he was very vocally just done with the whole living thing at the end. I miss him to hell but everyone's winning by his not being around. He would simply not be living a good life over the past year if he had hung around for it.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@marioandsonic I see you, but it really is for the best though. Nobody was benefiting from my grandpa getting to stick it out through this shit, least of all him.

 

The bigger thing is he probably would not have sat down and written his memoir in the first place if I hadn't chased him to do it. So there's that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

@marioandsonic I see you, but it really is for the best though. Nobody was benefiting from my grandpa getting to stick it out through this shit, least of all him.

 

The bigger thing is he probably would not have sat down and written his memoir in the first place if I hadn't chased him to do it. So there's that.

 

Not sure why you linked to me for that post...

Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandmother passed last year on January 2nd, right after new year and the one good thing to come of it was that the family was able to travel down to South Carolina to bury her. I would hate to think how she would have fared during this lockdown, especially in such a red state. My mother made this point to the family a couple of weeks ago around the anniversary of her death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

 

Not sure why you linked to me for that post...

 

Because you reacced to my other post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My one grandfather died in May last year.  He had been dealing with Alzheimer's for years before Covid struck though, so it wasn't really a surprise to see him go, though it was still saddening.  How he would have done during the pandemic if he was fully aware of what was going on, I have no idea.

 

It's a shame too, because second nephew was born in July, so he never got to see him.  I really hope this vaccine situation and finally bring this pandemic down, because none of my surviving grandparents have gotten to see him in person, only through Zoom calls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...