~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m not worried about catching COVID when I order take-out/delivery. I’d be worried sitting down to eat in the restaurant, though.

Oh, are you talking about them surviving financially? Yea, it’s rough. I try to order out at least 2-3x month since this started to support my fav places... which is way more often than I ever ate or ordered out previously. :p 

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't think the data says it doesn't matter how many people.

31266f41dda1d075816e4c152b3a30fd
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

A South Korean study raises concerns that six feet of social distance may not be far enough to keep people safe from the coronavirus.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

All you can eat sushi has so many red flags and yet I can't help but keep going back*

*Not applicable during covid

This place makes it fresh as you order, it’s not sitting there, thank god. The sushi chefs are all lined up in the middle of the restaurant plowing away. Their kitchen items (crab tempura, rock shrimp, Japanese calamari, pork buns, etc) are un-friggen-real too. It’s like $40/person for dinner, though, but, I def get my money’s worth despite my fiancé only eating like 10-12 pieces :p 

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This place makes it fresh as you order, it’s not sitting there, thank god. The sushi chefs are all lined up in the middle of the restaurant plowing away. Their kitchen items (crab tempura, rock shrimp, Japanese calamari, pork buns, etc) are un-friggen-real too. It’s like $40/person for dinner, though, but, I def get my money’s worth despite my fiancé only eating like 10-12 pieces :p 

I still go to these types of places, but working at a legit sushi restaurant has kind of ruined them for me.

Just now, Joe said:

I still go to these types of places, but working at a legit sushi restaurant has kind of ruined them for me.

This one, Masa, legit has better sushi than standard sushi places. I keep trying others, but Masa is always better. TBF, their pork buns kinda suck, though. :p 

Just now, Iculus said:

They are heavily invested in the mattress industry. 

200.gif

Where I live, restaurants are outdoor-only. People will dine outdoors in the fucking snow. People don't care. Normally, I'd want things to be busy, since that's how I make my money, but 1) my unemployment benefits are still based on my 2019 income, which is far greater than what I make now, and 2) I GET SO MANY PEOPLE FROM OUT OF TOWN

I worked last night, with everyone sitting outside, and I shit you not damn near everyone were people from out of town.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Where I live, restaurants are outdoor-only. People will dine outdoors in the fucking snow. People don't care. Normally, I'd want things to be busy, since that's how I make my money, but 1) my unemployment benefits are still based on my 2019 income, which is far greater than what I make now, and 2) I GET SO MANY PEOPLE FROM OUT OF TOWN

I worked last night, with everyone sitting outside, and I shit you not damn near everyone were people from out of town.

What part of Oregon are you in again?

I'm in Salem and we got a good few inches here Tuesday night, although my brother who lives in SE Portland just got a light dusting.

29 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

What part of Oregon are you in again?

I'm in Salem and we got a good few inches here Tuesday night, although my brother who lives in SE Portland just got a light dusting.

I'm in northwest Portland. We haven't had any snow stick yet, we just had a night of falling snow that melted.

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

They joke...but it's true. We should be delivering doses 24/7. Medical staff (including pharmacists, veterinarians, dentists, and others trained to administer injections) have signalled they are willing to work all and any hours. The issue is that governments don't want to spend the money to staff 24/7 vaccination centres, hoping they can keep spending low while managing the spread. Except it's a crisis, and maybe 4 jurisdictions in Canada/US (out of 63+) are actually treating this like a crisis rather than as a "manageable situation."

(Those jurisdictions are the maritime provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador).