~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

No.  The vaccine capacity of ~40-50 million doses/month of RNA vaccines did not yet exist at the facility.

"HHS announced up to $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate. The federal government will own the 100 million doses of vaccine initially produced as a result of this agreement, and Pfizer will deliver the doses in the United States if the product successfully receives FDA EUA or licensure, as outlined in FDA guidance, after completing demonstration of safety and efficacy in a large Phase 3 clinical trial, which began July 27th"

Pfizer literally says they don't get the money until after receipt of the vaccine doses following EUA 

The U.S. government will pay the companies $1.95 billion upon the receipt of the first 100 million doses, following FDA authorization or approval.

And look at the two blurbs both above and below the pfizer bullet point. Both state that OWS is funding the manufacturing effort. The J&J blurb further below also mentions funds to support the manufacturing and distribution. Further down the page is a section titled "Manufacturing" which does not contain Pfizer, but says

The May 21, April 16, and March 30 HHS agreements with AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson respectively include investments in manufacturing capabilities.

So it seems that it is simply not true that the US invested in Pfizer manufacturing, the $2b was essentially a purchasing agreement that required FDA authorization and shipment, and the US happened to be first here. The details of this agreement state that the first 100m doses from the US plant go to the US

So the criticism of Trudeau seems to be disingenuous, where the issues for Canada seem to be that you're simply not that big, supply disruptions from the EU plant, and that the Trump admin locked you guys out of the first bit of vaccine made in the US (where tbh you should have been considered a 51st state for the purposes of negotiation of supply agreements since you're one of our biggest trading partners. What's good for your country is good for ours) since it seems that we were the first to ink an agreement with pfizer.

I get the want to blame the guy in charge but canada doesn't have the buying power, doesn't have the ability to produce domestically, and more than likely couldn't partner with the US under Trump because well it was Trump. You guys were not in a good place, a damn near unwinnable situation.

These headlines are conflicting about whether it's this week or next week but hopefully this week since that's what Fauci is saying.

jnj.nbcnews-fp-1024-512.jpg
WWW.MSNBC.COM

During a White House Covid-19 response briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci announced the results of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is expected this week. He notes with the results we will see “the relative efficacy against the wild-type virus that is predominantly in the U.S.”
F2EFOCCPMJHPRI4J5WAR5V3EVY.JPG
WWW.NJ.COM

The vaccine could be a game-changer in boosting the rollout.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

What I want to know is will the Novavax results having been in the UK and SA be a hurdle at all to get FDA approval?

I bought stock in them following your recommendation, SO YOU'D BETTER BE RIGHT ABOUT IT, FUCKFACE

(just kidding. I mean, I did buy stock, but I'm kidding about the second part).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

When can we expect the Novavax results?

On 1/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, marioandsonic said:

I heard that we should see the results from the J&J vaccine sometime next week.  What about the Novavax?

On 1/26/2021 at 5:54 PM, Joe said:

Should be in a couple of weeks or less.

This makes no fucking sense, how does a health insurance company have the relevant expertise for this? 

10074998_012721-kgo-ap-blue-sheild-vacci
ABC7.COM

Health insurance giant Blue Shield of California will be the outside administrator tasked with ramping up the state's coronavirus vaccine delivery system, which so far has been slow...

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This makes no fucking sense, how does a health insurance company have the relevant expertise for this? 

10074998_012721-kgo-ap-blue-sheild-vacci
ABC7.COM

Health insurance giant Blue Shield of California will be the outside administrator tasked with ramping up the state's coronavirus vaccine delivery system, which so far has been slow...

They should run it via the Jury Duty system 

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

My wife is vegan and even she approved of this little chart because sex noises at the gym. It's her greatest pet peeve.

Well I misread the picture and thought it said "People who make sex noise when they are on the train"

Yup I am an idiot

• Haha 2