~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

The only going out we do is to pick up Target groceries curb side, otherwise we do Target, Walmart, Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods delivery for groceries and other things. I may go out to home depot to pick up lumber for a project I want to do at some point, but we'll see.

Also, my wife, who is a social worker/case manager, normally works with people (many of them homeless) in person. Currently and luckily she has been working from home, doing things remotely by phone and email. But because her work doesn't know how soon they'll get back into the office, they managed to get everyone appointments to get the Moderna vaccine. She went in for her first dose a few weeks ago, with the second dose scheduled next week. No reactions with the first dose, just mild soreness for a few days at the injection site. Hopefully the same the second time around.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Everyone should just follow these rules:

1. Don't go out unless your life or livelihood depend on it
  2. If out, do not be around anyone for more than 15 minutes, especially indoors, unless forced to by your job
  3. Wear a mask, wash hands before touching your face

Here is a good way of illustrating it:

Sadly Americans are too fucking selfish and stupid to wear masks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Here is a good way of illustrating it:

Sadly Americans are too fucking selfish and stupid to wear masks.

That's a great graphic. Too many people say things like "masks are only 20% effective, there's no point!" But if things are even a few % effective and there are enough, it really adds up, especially with something that is exponentially spread.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Over/under Jared sold the doses? 

This is the second time this week you used “over/under” in a way that makes it very clear you are not a gambler :p 

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

All these tests have fairly low sensitivity. I would ask for another test.

I never wanted a test in the first place. I wanted to figure out why I suddenly couldn't breathe. I still have no other covid symptoms but it still feels like shit when I inhale. And she says wait 10 days for it to go away.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I never wanted a test in the first place. I wanted to figure out why I suddenly couldn't breathe. I still have no other covid symptoms but it still feels like shit when I inhale. And she says wait 10 days for it to go away.

I’m assuming your oxygen level was normal?

22 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I'll hold off on my overreaction yet, but it's concerning. Fuck everyone who hasn't taken this seriously, and possibly allowed this to happen. However, antibody evidence is only part of the immunity, and not the long-lasting part, so this is why I won't overreact yet.

EDIT: Ah, right there in the thread:

My brother has it, got it at work. Pretty sure he got my parents sick too. My kids are sad because we are neighbors and they literally go over there everyday to check on my folks and now they can’t for at least a couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, chakoo said:
6720.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Surge in infections dampens optimism over country’s advanced immunisation programme

Oh deer, maybe countries should have waited for trials and data to back up the idea first. 

The article gives no data about the supposed reduced efficacy.

F201122YS17-1024x640.jpg
WWW.TIMESOFISRAEL.COM

Nachman Ash reportedly says it's not certain vaccines can protect against mutated coronavirus strains; 12,400 Israelis were infected with virus after receiving 1st shot

This article shows different firms claiming as low as 33% and as high as 60% reduction in chance of infection 14 days after the first shot.

But Israel isn’t doing single shots, they are giving out both doses, so I’m not sure what they should be waiting on data for?