~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There won’t be. Look at the chart @AbsolutSurgenposted and see that the US despite its many flaws is still been one of the most successful in getting vaccine doses administered. There really isn’t much that can be done to fix the reality of a weak federal government coupled with inept state and local governments.

Your hope should be in more manufacturers coming online with their vaccines, thus rendering the phasing systems more obviously irrelevant so that more providers can get supplies and get shots delivered. That is going to happen over the next couple of months regardless of anything else that changes with the Biden administration.

I don't think state and local govts are necessarily incompetent so much as hamstrung by the reality of their budgets  and working on something they weren't prepared to deal with.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don't think state and local govts are necessarily incompetent so much as hamstrung by the reality of their budgets  and working on something they weren't prepared to deal with.

I said they are inept, which you then agreed with given the bolded :p 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just open it to everyone ffs. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Late last year, firefighters were the first city workers given access to the shots. After an initial burst of activity, the number showing up to get the vaccine has plummeted.

Only 30% of NYFF have said they would get it too... showing what these guys politcal leanings are I guess.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm in group 1C in Jersey... I wonder if I could get it quicker in in LA or NY :thinking:

LOL definitely not in Los Angeles, the county wouldn't even follow Newsom's guidance to open it up to 65+ this week, despite there clearly being a bunch of 1a people who don't want it.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Just open it to everyone ffs. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Late last year, firefighters were the first city workers given access to the shots. After an initial burst of activity, the number showing up to get the vaccine has plummeted.

At this point, yes. If half the population refuses to get vaccinated then stop holding up vaccinations whole you hold out hope for them. Just open it up publicly to anyone that comes by and schedule drive-ins the same way many states are handling testing.

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

LOL definitely not in Los Angeles, the county wouldn't even follow Newsom's guidance to open it up to 65+ this week, despite there clearly being a bunch of 1a people who don't want it.

My Ex was designated is 1A in Los Angeles because she is the primary care giver for her special needs son. She scheduling her appointment for this week. She was alos lucky to test negative for Covid after her sister, mother, brother in law and nephew all tested positive this week.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

At this point, yes. If half the population refuses to get vaccinated then stop holding up vaccinations whole you hold out hope for them. Just open it up publicly to anyone that comes by and schedule drive-ins the same way many states are handling testing.

Instead they're wasting further time trying to bribe them into getting vaccinated. 

:facepalm:

WWW.FIREHOUSE.COM

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My Ex was designated is 1A in Los Angeles because she is the primary care giver for her special needs son. She scheduling her appointment for this week. She was alos lucky to test negative for Covid after her sister, mother, brother in law and nephew all tested positive this week.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law both work in hospitals so they've already gotten their vaccinations. Presumably, my wife will be in line to get it next since she's a teacher. At this point, who knows for the rest of us.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Instead they're wasting further time trying to bribe them into getting vaccinated. 

:facepalm:

WWW.FIREHOUSE.COM

Fuck 'em. Just move on. My mother is hitting 60 with terrible asthma. My grandmother is pushing 80 with equally terrible asthma. Just let them schedule their shots and forget about trying to figure out who the next most deserving. Like I totally get trying to get to everyone working on the frontline of COVID care first, but just leave it open to whoever at this point.

These holdouts are going to be such a strain on finally closing down this pandemic. I move that insurance companies should deny covering coronavirus care costs in the event a person was offered the vaccine and turned it down. Just bill them directly for it. If we're going to have for profit insurance, then we at least deserve some sort of schadenfreude out of it.

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

I'll never forget that press conference they had in the Rose Garden last spring where they said that they were going to roll out testing sites in Target and Wal-Mart parking lots across the entire country and then... absolutely nothing like that was ever discussed again.

The cool thing is Google's building an app to recommend clinics nearby!

10 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I'll never forget that press conference they had in the Rose Garden last spring where they said that they were going to roll out testing sites in Target and Wal-Mart parking lots across the entire country and then... absolutely nothing like that was ever discussed again.

We need a "best/worst of the trump administration" thread once he is blessedly out of office

17 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Walmart had many testing sites by my house as well as some pharmacies. While testing did take too long to roll out because we were unprepared, it ended up being one of the few bright spots of the Trump administration’s COVID response.

Yesterday York Centre MPP Roman Baber sent a letter to Ontario Premiere Doug Ford urging him to end the lockdowns because they don't work, and it's worse than the disease, as he puts it.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Not sure where he got this info, and if it's accurate (probably not), but maybe it's not so much that the lockdowns don't work, but that the people don't work, i.e. they're not taking it seriously enough, and are getting tired of them so they're getting careless, leading to the virus spreading. If lockdowns didn't work how come places like Korea, New Zealand, and even Wuhan, the city this virus first emerged, are now doing fine after strict lockdowns?

Anyway Ford ousted him from the caucus after this letter

doug-ford-covid-19-stay-at-home-order-on
WWW.CBC.CA

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has kicked York Centre MPP Roman Baber out of the Progressive Conservative caucus for sending an open letter that calls for the province's lockdown and COVID-19 restrictions to end.