~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Ontario numbers broke another record today with 4249 cases of Covid from yesterday. It included some 4-500 hundred missed cases from the day before numbers, but it would of still beat the record high from just 2 days ago. Rumours of curfews happening, just like Quebec just issued. So no travel without a receipt from drug/essential service store or note from work saying you’re an essential worker will be permitted. My workplace issues my note over a month ago that we are to keep on our phones in case we are stopped. I would welcome the curfew and I would even welcome even more lockdown restrictions to curb this increasingly worse situation. Mom just went grocery shopping and said the shelves were becoming empty and people were panic buying.

just a few more months of this. . . . right?!?

So yeah I think I'm going to suggest doing a video call to that girl instead of meeting up outside this weekend, even outside+masked up+distanced+time limit seems maybe not super smart right now.

GettyImages-1230449201.jpg?fit=1024%2C67
WWW.NBCLOSANGELES.COM

“Hospitalizations are likely to increase for at least three weeks to come, and deaths will also remain disturbingly high,” county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said.
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Short on resources, L.A. County's public hospitals may soon ration care. 'Triage officers' will decide who gets treated and who is too sick to be saved.

Jersey having a massive spike, too. They are counting antigen tests now when they weren't previously (which is weird that they just started btw because there are few false positives with antigen tests. Just a lot of false negatives). The double wammy of NYE and Christmas really was rough.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So yeah I think I'm going to suggest doing a video call to that girl instead of meeting up outside this weekend, even outside+masked up+distanced+time limit seems maybe not super smart right now.

GettyImages-1230449201.jpg?fit=1024%2C67
WWW.NBCLOSANGELES.COM

“Hospitalizations are likely to increase for at least three weeks to come, and deaths will also remain disturbingly high,” county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said.
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Short on resources, L.A. County's public hospitals may soon ration care. 'Triage officers' will decide who gets treated and who is too sick to be saved.

And she's quickly responded that I'm probably right to want to punt on meeting in person given the current situation, which immediately puts her leaps and bounds above my ex who was accusing me of being controlling because I didn't want to be stupid about COVID. 

10 hours ago, Joe said:

Cool cool cool.

10 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

"Wow, so many Americans are getting it, it must be...a new variant! Yeah, that's it. Not a nationwide lack of good behaviour."

So Birx said there could be a new variant, but other people from the CDC say no new variant has yet been identified. I don’t really get how that’s even inconsistent? 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

And she's quickly responded that I'm probably right to want to punt on meeting in person given the current situation, which immediately puts her leaps and bounds above my ex who was accusing me of being controlling because I didn't want to be stupid about COVID. 

Just don’t go full-Toobin on the call

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

A week into the new year and already 23,000 dead.

Broke the single day new case record yesterday. 310,000 cases. Not a single day death record, but still hovering around 4k a day.

On a day when the leading story was Trump getting banned from Twitter.

What do you even say at this point?

Not just getting banned from Twitter, but spending hours coordinating with different government officials on which of their Twitter accounts he could use.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

A week into the new year and already 23,000 dead.

Broke the single day new case record yesterday. 310,000 cases. Not a single day death record, but still hovering around 4k a day.

On a day when the leading story was Trump getting banned from Twitter.

What do you even say at this point?

Nothing, the shit didn't end because the new year rolled over.  Thousands dying a day, hundreds of thousands getting sick a day, the President tries a coup and is focused on the fact that he can't shitpost on twitter.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, Joe said:

Jersey having a massive spike, too. They are counting antigen tests now when they weren't previously (which is weird that they just started btw because there are few false positives with antigen tests. Just a lot of false negatives). The double wammy of NYE and Christmas really was rough.

Just got my tests back from my 4th test last night... still negative. Still stuck here in Jersey too because as bad as its getting here, it's still worse in LA. Dying ti get back to Cali though.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:04 PM, Jason said:

I'm in a similar situation as you.  I want to meet up with someone, and we're planning to do so in the spring sometime.  I just wish we could set up a definitive time, but there's still so much uncertainty regarding covid, because the vaccine distribution so far has been fucked.

I'd like to think that within a couple months after Biden is in office, things will start to stabilize, but I'm not even confident in that anymore.  Which really fucking sucks. 

I am so lonely... :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm in a similar situation as you.  I want to meet up with someone, and we're planning to do so in the spring sometime.  I just wish we could set up a definitive time, but there's still so much uncertainty regarding covid, because the vaccine distribution so far has been fucked.

I'd like to think that within a couple months after Biden is in office, things will start to stabilize, but I'm not even confident in that anymore.  Which really fucking sucks. 

I am so lonely... :(

If they can actually start getting the needles in people's arms at a reasonable pace then hopefully March is feasible for at least being able to sit outside for an hour physically distanced but without masks. 

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

It does give a probably excellent illustration of how far breath travels, though.

This is why I never did outdoor dining before it got shut back down, you wouldn't be okay sitting across a table from someone smoking a cigarette just because it's outside, and coronavirus is airborne and all, so... 

We have free on-site testing at work. My facility sends notifications every time someone tests positive. It's usually "an individual has tested positive. they last worked these days. all close contacts have been notified." Almost every day since Thanksgiving, multiple positive tests have been reported. 

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=%5B940%2C53%5D&w=200
PEOPLE.COM

"We know how hard the community has been hit here,” showrunner Warren Leight said

He also explained that while the Broadway-filled roles range from one-day parts to "more substantial" appearances — they all provide a workday minimum required for union health insurance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We hit a new record high number of cases today in Ontario. Friend of mine says, "gee it's almost like we had the lowest amount of cases when everything was open". 

Shit, is he on his way to becoming an anti lockdown, anti mask conspiracy theorist? 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:04 PM, Jason said:

Well, actually, got the "it's getting more serious with someone I've been on a few dates with" text. But that sounds like she's been multiple in person dates with this guy so maybe she wasn't as safety-smart about all this as I thought/maybe I misread the tone of her saying I was probably right so...bullet dodged??? 

I think I knew this deep down but honestly trying to meet people on online dating seems sort of pointless right now, may as well just try to lose some weight and wait for the fuckfest that's probably coming once vaccine rollout is far enough along. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

If they can actually start getting the needles in people's arms at a reasonable pace then hopefully March is feasible for at least being able to sit outside for an hour physically distanced but without masks. 

Who knows when they start that?  Again, getting Trump booted out of the WH might actually get the federal response working, but who knows...

18 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Who knows when they start that?  Again, getting Trump booted out of the WH might actually get the federal response working, but who knows...

Nothing is going to change until the 20th. Hopefully Biden centralizes the response so we get out of this situation of this disjointed mess if people winging it.