~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

12 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Ok I'm in the mood again. How can one play Ogre Battle 64?? I might be too dumb to get an emulator to work. 

I tried an emulator a few months ago, it takes a lot of tweaking and I still never got it playing right.

It was available on the Wii virtual console, if you have one with it DL on it already.  Not sure if any of that stuff ever came to the WiiU or 3DS, but I'm pretty sure those e-shops are all shut down except for the 3DS one.

8 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

I tried an emulator a few months ago, it takes a lot of tweaking and I still never got it playing right.

It was available on the Wii virtual console, if you have one with it DL on it already.  Not sure if any of that stuff ever came to the WiiU or 3DS, but I'm pretty sure those e-shops are all shut down except for the 3DS one.

Ugh. Why can't companies just let me pay for old stuff. ㅠㅠ

31 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Tbh it was only revolutionary for consoles. 

I'd still play Goldeneye, PD, No Mercy, Winback, and others but emulation doesnt work well for N64 games. I don't find the graphics as bad as people make them out to be. PS1 graphics are pretty cringe. In fairness I wouldn't play say Mario Tennis or Smash Bros. Maybe Smash Bros for nostalgia but Ultimate is way better of course. 

PS1 actually had a good few 2D games that still look pretty. Saturn, too. N64 was nearly all 3D and it's uglier than the competition. Even with our video mods, it's still the worst looking of the three.

As for Golden Eye, I never played it back then. And most people had consoles rather than PC back then. Agreed on the Mario Tennis, Smash, etc point. Sure, those games were great then, but they've been eclipsed over and over by their successors. There doesn't seem to be much point in playing them now.

32 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

If you loved Tactics Ogre you may not like Ogre Battle.  Tactics is more like the turn based FF Tactics while Ogre Battle is completely different.

Yeah, I know it's not quite the same, but I wanna give it a try. I don't even think I've ever turned it on, except to make sure the cart worked. Found it probably a decade ago for $10 and picked it up.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

How much are you taking? 

~5000/day during Fall-Winter. By late-Spring I’m outside enough, so I don’t take it supplementally. The upper limit is around 25000/day, IIRC. Your body also stops absorbing it through sunlight once you’re saturated, but it’ll still absorb it through your gut (which is why I skip it once I’m outside more).

gettyimages-1222990617.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The Coronavirus Task Force coordinator said the experience has been difficult on her family.

In an interview with the news outlet Newsy on Tuesday, Birx, 64, cited the strain the experience has put on her family. Birx was criticized after The Associated Press reported on Sunday that she spent time with family members at a vacation home after the Thanksgiving holiday, despite Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance urging Americans not to travel or mix with those outside their own household.

"This experience has been a bit overwhelming. It's been very difficult on my family. I think what was done in the last week to my family — you know, they didn't choose this for me," Birx told Newsy. "They've tried to be supportive, but to drag my family into this when it's — my daughter hasn't left that house in 10 months. My parents have been isolated for 10 months."

Birx said she wants the "Biden administration to be successful" and will "be helpful in any role that people think I can be helpful in."

"And then I will retire," she said.

The incoming Biden administration has invited Dr. Anthony Fauci, another current task force member, to advise Mr. Biden on COVID-19, as the vaccine rollout begins in the U.S. 

Birx explained her travel to Delaware in an earlier statement to CBS News.

"My trip to Delaware after the Thanksgiving holiday solely focused on preparing the property for a potential sale. Members of my immediate household assisted in that as well," she said. "As some members of my immediate family could be at risk for COVID-19, I am extremely vigilant in taking all precautions to protect them. I self-isolate, I wear a mask, and I get tested when I interact with them. My family and I follow and practice CDC guidelines, and I encourage all Americans, especially those in situations similar to mine, to do the same."

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I consider myself a huge Nintendo fan. Lord knows I used to take enough shit for it here back in the days of console wars, lol. But N64 is my least favorite of the Nintendo systems(excluding Virtual Boy). I dislike the controller, it lacks the variety of titles like PS1, there's no RPGs, and the system graphics are just ugly as fuck, even compared to 3D graphics of Saturn and PS1 at the time. A lot of the big hits, like Mario and Zelda, I didn't play until later remasters/ports. I had one as a kid, but it stayed in my brother's room, while the PS1 stayed in my room, so naturally PS1 was where I spent most of my time.

I do have 23 N64 games and an assortment of systems and controllers in different colors because I'm a moron and like collecting, though. :lol:

I think a decent number of N64 games still hold up, but I will agree that the controller wasn't the best.  My main issue with it is the joystick being so fragile.  I could never get mine to re-center properly, and they would ofter break after just a few hours of play.

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I know it's not quite the same, but I wanna give it a try. I don't even think I've ever turned it on, except to make sure the cart worked. Found it probably a decade ago for $10 and picked it up.

Just make sure you have a memory pack.  It won't save on the cart.

But the magic of Golden Eye wasn’t just that it was a serviceable FPS on a console. It had things that ranged from taking pictures, riding a tank, dope story telling and legit usage of a cinematic property,  weird ass weapons, laser watch, remote mines, etc. That all adds up to a very unique and innovative experience. 

6 minutes ago, Comet said:

But the magic of Golden Eye wasn’t just that it was a serviceable FPS on a console. It had things that ranged from taking pictures, riding a tank, dope story telling and legit usage of a cinematic property,  weird ass weapons, laser watch, remote mines, etc. That all adds up to a very unique and innovative experience. 

And of course, the Judo Chop! :sun:

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Had to stop at a Hallmark store to finish my Christmas shopping. Saw this ornament 

CE754647-09-CB-44-AB-9-FC5-8-C674261-AE1

There's a local knick-knack store that's good for stocking stuffers and the like and oh my Lord it's cringy lib shit like socks that say "I believe dr Fauci" and "nasty woman" (still a thing apparently)

45 minutes ago, Comet said:

Pass

So this morning they said I was ok to work. So they had me explain everything in an email saying whether he was showing symptoms and if I was too. Now I gotta admit that yeah, I have a few symptoms that qualify for Covid, but these are long hauler issues. Headaches, nausea, loss of appetite and occasional stomach issues. Sure enough I’m having one of them days today but not severe (which has me calling in sick every now and then) but I would of been ok to work today. So I was driving about 40km to my first store and was 5 minutes away from starting when I was told to go home because of these symptoms. I tried to explain that I must of had Covid back in April, because everyone in my house got it. (For it to be as contagious as it is, I must of had it) Plus everyone is also battling these long hauler problems and some still don’t have their full sense of taste back. Mostly certain foods not tasting right, more like rotten/burnt/ash like taste for mostly my mom with onions, peppers and coffee. All things she loves to eat. Anyways I now have to get tested and just caught a cancelation happen for tomorrow at 10am. If it wasn’t open, I would of been waiting another 3 days for testing