~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

39 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m talking about average for the entirety of the spring. We’re at the highest since early May - I should have clarified my statement better, I was in the middle of cardio :p 

IOX5ADAWKBD2VELPODAH3U6HQE.JPG
WWW.NJ.COM

There are more people being treated for COVID-19 in N.J. hospitals since late May. But it's not all bad news.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I'd say the numbers aren't too bad if they match our numbers from the first wave after two months in lockdown. I don't see Murphy going into lockdown until mid December at the earliest, but probably not until January, if at all.

For the first time since March my city has hit the 100+ new cases in a single day. Even then, that spike in March could almost entirely be attributed to Boston commuters and that convention. Once folks started working from home, it's kept pretty stable until just this last month. Cool.

Just love it.

My wife is a special needs teacher and they've decided to keep kids with severe disabilities in school, however the limit on adults present in each class is down to one. That's awesome. Let's just have a single teacher with no aids handle a class of 10 kids with severe disabilities.

For any of you that have recovered from COVID, what was your health like in the weeks and months that followed your recovery?

My quarantine ended last Sunday, and I felt pretty good in the few days that followed. But the past few days I've felt pretty foggy, completely exhausted, and then just today have noticed a subtle but sharp chest pain (similar to what I experienced during COVID) along with a sore throat and headache.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

For any of you that have recovered from COVID, what was your health like in the weeks and months that followed your recovery?

My quarantine ended last Sunday, and I felt pretty good in the few days that followed. But the past few days I've felt pretty foggy, completely exhausted, and then just today have noticed a subtle but sharp chest pain (similar to what I experienced during COVID) along with a sore throat and headache.

Even though I tested negative with my test back in April, I still must of had a mild case of it because everyone in the house had it. My main symptoms were headaches, lack of appetite, low energy, nausea, and sad to say I still get them. I have had a terrible week this week for sleep (even taking me weed hasn’t worked) I have had the headaches again for days, no appetite, no energy, fogginess, bouts of nausea throughout some days and dizzy spells too. My mom still doesn’t have her full sense of taste. Some of her favourites like onions, peppers and coffee taste completely off to her. Can’t drink pop because she says it tastes soapy. We truly are what they call long haulers, and wonder if these symptoms might go away with the vaccine. 

watch that heart issue because they have seen irregularities develop in some people and their heart rhythms 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Man, if someone opened up with "are we adults" in that tone of voice in this shithole country, it'd be followed by "or are we children who mommy government gets to decide whether we get to go to Applebee's tonight?"

Canada only really has two or three political shows, but the quality of pundits is much higher, mainly because they are journalists. Stephanie is great.

19 hours ago, Joe said:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I'd say the numbers aren't too bad if they match our numbers from the first wave after two months in lockdown. I don't see Murphy going into lockdown until mid December at the earliest, but probably not until January, if at all.

Yea, he’s very hesitant without a stimulus bill as he knows that it could/will be a death knell for many businesses and people (financially) that have “survived” until now. Something to consider as well, iirc, hospitalizations are roughly 2-3 weeks behind positive cases, with deaths ~10-14 days post hospitalization.

BTW, here’s a list for numbers and updates from every day since this started: 

coronavirus_trackingpost.png
WWW.NJSPOTLIGHT.COM

This data is provided by the state Department of Health and updated daily

That page goes down through October, but at the end there’s a link to get September and all the way back to March.

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, he’s very hesitant without a stimulus bill as he knows that it could/will be a death knell for many businesses and people (financially) that have “survived” until now. Something to consider as well, iirc, hospitalizations are roughly 2-3 weeks behind positive cases, with deaths ~10-14 days post hospitalization.

BTW, here’s a list for numbers and updates from every day since this started: 

coronavirus_trackingpost.png
WWW.NJSPOTLIGHT.COM

This data is provided by the state Department of Health and updated daily

That page goes down through October, but at the end there’s a link to get September and all the way back to March.

Yep, that website is good stuff. I was using it yesterday to look up the hospitalization numbers. 

16 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Well another update:

The chest pain and headache (right behind my eyes) got progressively worse throughout yesterday, and in the early evening I called my doctors office and spoke with a nurse for about 20 minutes. She was incredibly thorough and understanding, and said based on my symptoms, it's likely a post COVID infection of some type and I should come in to urgent care and get evaluated by a doctor.

I went to urgent care last night and did I drive through appointment (they are being cautious with previously infected COVID patients) and the doctor confirmed it's a post COVID infection of some type, likely chest or sinus.

She prescribed 250mg of Zithromax and 20mg of prednisone. I started the z-pak last night, but am going to hold off on the prednisone until after I have my weekly appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow. I know there can be side affects from steroids, and since I already have anxiety / depression and take daily medication for both, I'm concerned it could make those things worse.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Yeah, this thing is nasty. I'm roughly 3 months removed from my positive test, and still get winded going up a single flight of stairs. I could sleep 20 hours a day if I didn't have shit to do. I'm constantly dealing with headaches, and pretty severe joint pain. It's quite the combination considering I walk around 9 miles a day while lifting heavy boxes filled with dildos all day.

10 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Yeah, this thing is nasty. I'm roughly 3 months removed from my positive test, and still get winded going up a single flight of stairs. I could sleep 20 hours a day if I didn't have shit to do. I'm constantly dealing with headaches, and pretty severe joint pain. It's quite the combination considering I walk around 9 miles a day while lifting heavy boxes filled with dildos all day.

How’s the Mrs. doing?

17 minutes ago, Iculus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5426034

Well in my neck of the woods we have been hearing a lot more helicopters flying around during the daytime. My mom brought it up with some friends and it turns out that Helicopter rentals/rides are way up. With the Canadian boarder closed up for travel, people are bypassing it by flying into Buffalo this way and renting a car to travel elsewhere. We are never going to get things under control if shit like this isn’t clamped down. I was in downtown Toronto on Monday for work and are in lockdown, but about a third of the folks coming off the subway were without a mask and security didn’t do anything. 

I'm tired of this shit and peoples ignorance. Now if I could get a good fucking sleep I would feel a lot better

• Sad 2