~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

24 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't want to watch anything with that disgusting vile mass murderer in it, but why exactly is this people's last thanksgiving?

It's kind of a weird, scattered point he is making.

He mixes it with the rightwing talking point about how the lockdown is causing a bunch of suicides, but I think being charitable the point he is trying to make is that some folks are old, and for a certain number of them this will be their last Thanksgiving.

I mean, in a vacuum he's not wrong. We all have had that one relative where it looks like it will be our last holiday with them.

But, as everyone was quick to point out, this is a horrible, totally lacking self-awareness comment for someone encouraging actions that would actively cause this to be the last holiday for tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people who could be fine for many more years otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

My mission this year is to make turkey taste delicious.

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=%5B496%2C331%5D&w=10
WWW.ALLRECIPES.COM

We rounded up the top turkey fryers on the market so you can avoid deep-fry disaster this Thanksgiving.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Deep fried turkey is amazing.

Baking the bird is more difficult but very doable. Fantastic for leftover sandwiches.

Man I'm hungry.

I slow cook our turkey outside on the grill every year. Comes out amazing.

Today I learned the majority of you don’t know how to cook a turkey so it’s not dry and flavorless.

My house is always...

Shrimp

Salad

Italian Eggdrop Soup

Lasagna

Turkey

Spiral Ham

Gravy

Mashed Potatoes 

Italian Stuffing

Green Bean Casserole
Mac & Cheese

Potato Rolls

Asparagus and/or Brussel Sprouts

*everything is made from scratch 

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

If you are baking a turkey, make sure you make a foil tent! It keeps it from drying out.

Also glaze it. Don't be a lazy ass and simply baste it. Actually pull out a brush and paint every exposed inch with something tasty.

I'm also not a fan of cooking a turkey whole. I'd spatchcock it first.

If you're cooking boneless Turkey Breast -- the BEST way to cook it is to Sous Vide it.  It will blow your mind at how good Turkey can be.

If you're cooking a whole Turkey -- Spatchcock it.  I did this for Thanksgiving last month, and not only did it cook much faster, but it was more evenly cooked than I've ever had it.

17 minutes ago, Comet said:

Vegan Thanksgiving isn't as fun 

My wife is vegan. I'll be cooking her a head of cauliflower glazed with the same sesame/soy/honey stuff I'm glazing the turkey with. I thought about going the seitan route but, honestly, a turkey alone is enough work and I might not be doing the big Thanksgiving dinner, I'm still going to be the leftover fairy.

That and I'm experimenting with subbing the butter and cream in my mashed potatoes with vegan cultured butter and maybe a cashew-based sour cream. It...might work. Not sure. I've been getting better at coming up with vegan recipes for her over these fun, isolating months.

• Like 1