~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

ffs :guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:

rawImage.jpg
WWW.SFCHRONICLE.COM

<p>Gov. Gavin Newsom attended a birthday party for one of his political advisers at The French Laundry last week that included people from several households, the type of gathering his administration has discouraged for Californians during the coronavirus pandemic.</p>

If you held a nation vote with the following (a single vote, yes or no), roughly 60-70% of the American people would agree:

• Medicare for all
  • Legalize marijuana
  • $15 minimum wage
  • Wealth tax of 3% above $25 million
  • Increase income tax to 80% above $1 million
  • Stimulus Round 2

Yet the DNC is afraid to run on any of them in public, because all of their donors are against them.

The Democratic Party is the weakest opposition party in the western world, and I include the now-defunct Jeremy Corbyn Labour Party in that assessment.

Maybe I'm doomposting because it's so late, but the best thing that some of the US population can hope for at this point is (assuming non-violence) that the more liberal states secede somehow (through a slow breakup) and create new constitutions that enshrine actual progressive, modern values that are taken for granted in most of the developed world. People in Kentucky will be more fucked, sure, but maybe people in Washington or California will have better lives, and the people of butt-fuck nowhere can whine all they want while they enjoy no services and religious law.

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you held a nation vote with the following (a single vote, yes or no), roughly 60-70% of the American people would agree:

• Medicare for all
  • Legalize marijuana
  • $15 minimum wage
  • Stimulus Round 2

Yet the DNC is afraid to run on any of them in public, because all of their donors are against them.

The Democratic Party is the weakest opposition party in the western world, and I include the now-defunct Jeremy Corbyn Labour Party in that assessment.

Maybe I'm doomposting because it's so late, but the best thing that some of the US population can hope for at this point is (assuming non-violence) that the more liberal states secede somehow (through a slow breakup) and create new constitutions that enshrine actual progressive, modern values that are taken for granted in most of the developed world. People in Kentucky will be more fucked, sure, but maybe people in Washington or California will have better lives, and the people of butt-fuck nowhere can whine all they want while they enjoy no services and religious law.

The Democrats are captured opposition. Change my mind.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

• Medicare for all
  • Legalize marijuana
  • $15 minimum wage
  • Stimulus Round 2

Problem is liberal states are run by the same party that refuses to support those things.

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
200901-nancy-pelosi-ew-615p_7b5038e71e18
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The House speaker — who has often criticized her Republican colleagues for ignoring coronavirus protocols — was caught on camera at a salon.

47 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

this fucking cunt 

This is an old article. Not that that necessarily makes it better.

Remember when it was a big deal over the Summer when states like Florida, Texas, and California hit 10,000 cases per day?

Living in Indiana/Ohio I was reminded of that now that both states with much lower populations are skyrocketing to 10,000 per day. Both have hit 8,000 in the past few days. 

Ohio took more than 7 months to hit 3,000 cases per day, then reached 8,000 per day in 15 days.

Indiana hits almost 8,500 cases in a day.

2 hours ago, Ricofoley said:
2923_X154_0E6C_9.jpg?h=630&w=1200&fit=cr
WWW.STARTRIBUNE.COM

Senate Minority Leader Susan Kent says DFLers were not warned of cases among GOP colleagues before Thursday's floor session.

Took a page right out of the Trump handbook.  In a sane world, this would be a jailable offense, but today, at worst, you get an article written about your actions.  

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I wonder if, ten years from now, Americans will look back and call this the Dark Winter:

38% of Americans plan on having Thanksgiving dinners with more than ten people.

Better get grandma's recipe, as it's literally to die for this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I wonder if, ten years from now, Americans will look back and call this the Dark Winter:

I remember last week before the election I was talking about how we would be hitting 100,000 cases per day right around election day. Which led me to a grime calculation that even if Biden won we would double our Covid numbers by the time he took office in about 12 weeks. We would go from 10 million cases over about 7 monthes to 10 million more in 3.

At the time I used what I thought was a pretty horrible 100k per day over the next 12 weeks. A little over a week later and we are rocketing to 200k per day.

To bring it back around to Riley's post, 250k per day by Thanksgiving may be a conservative estimate at our current rate.

What the fuck does the fallout from Thanksgiving look like if we go into it at that number?!

46 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I remember last week before the election I was talking about how we would be hitting 100,000 cases per day right around election day. Which led me to a grime calculation that even if Biden won we would double our Covid numbers by the time he took office in about 12 weeks. We would go from 10 million cases over about 7 monthes to 10 million more in 3.

At the time I used what I thought was a pretty horrible 100k per day over the next 12 weeks. A little over a week later and we are rocketing to 200k per day.

To bring it back around to Riley's post, 250k per day by Thanksgiving may be a conservative estimate at our current rate.

What the fuck does the fallout from Thanksgiving look like if we go into it at that number?!

That the number one gift on most peoples' Christmas lists will be coffin and gofundmes to pay medical bills. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

This Thanksgiving is quite literally going to be the last supper for many.  As bad as we are now, it's terrifying to think how bad it's going to get after all the assholes of this country congregate together.  

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mention this in the past in regards to Canadian thanksgiving but people are fucking stupid and I don't think they're prepared for what is going to follow. A lot of people are going to die and people are going to come to the realization they caused a close family member's death.

In Ontario (Canada), we went from barely 50 cases to now about 1,500 a day and projecting 3,000- 6,000 cases a day next month all thanks to the 1-2 combo of thanksgiving and halloween.