~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

19 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I've been lazy to post about this here but I hope the US will learn from Canada, Thanksgiving gatherings = very bad, don't do it! Our current outbreaks are worse than the first wave and we've been seeing a sizable bump thanks to canadian thanksgiving a few weeks ago. -.-

The only thing we’ll ever learn from you guys is to not put our milk in fucking bags.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I've been lazy to post about this here but I hope the US will learn from Canada, Thanksgiving gatherings = very bad, don't do it! Our current outbreaks are worse than the first wave and we've been seeing a sizable bump thanks to canadian thanksgiving a few weeks ago. -.-

Learn from Canada? I just saw your pm almost in tears on twitter begging people to listen, and have seen mask protests on twitter across your country online.

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Learn from Canada? I just saw your pm almost in tears on twitter begging people to listen, and have seen mask protests on twitter across your country online.

Our case count is still a drop in the bucket compared to the US but it's getting very troubling as people aren't taking it serious enough. Ontario has been having 800 cases (province wide) all week with our largest 1 day spike being over 1k and Quebec has been having over 1k days for weeks now. The even bigger worry is we are seeing outbreaks in Long Term Care homes again & hospitals. -.- Pre thanksgiving we were in the 300-400 range a day for Ontario. =/

image.jpg
WWW.CP24.COM

After record daily COVID-19 case counts over the weekend, Ontario is reporting a dip in new infections today but the test positivity rate is still on the rise as fewer than 30,000 tests were processed over the past 24 hours.

image.jpg
WWW.CP24.COM

Toronto Western Hospital is temporarily diverting new COVID-19 patients to another hospital while it relocates its dedicated COVID unit to another floor amid an outbreak of the virus.

16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

1) If you read his post, he was saying you should learn from our mistakes

2) Though cases are rising in Canada, they are still small beans compared to the US

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

1) If you read his post, he was saying you should learn from our mistakes

2) Though cases are rising in Canada, they are still small beans compared to the US

Im pretty sure we made all your mistakes and will continue to make them. This country is fucked. 

absolutely they are (though what is it per 100k, I have no idea). I just keep seeing shit going on in a bunch of Canadian cities and people refusing to comply.

16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Im pretty sure we made all your mistakes and will continue to make them. This country is fucked. 

absolutely they are (though what is it per 100k, I have no idea). I just keep seeing shit going on in a bunch of Canadian cities and people refusing to comply.

I believe in Ontario we are near 3% per 100k. They were looking to sending my area back to stage 2 like most of the rest of GTA but we are at the highest 46 people a day and today we were only 10. Still I agree we have tons of people making the same mistakes. I had to be downtown Toronto for work yesterday and still see people in stores with mouth covered, nose exposed. Then you have the store workers who are mostly maskless in the back rooms chatting things up. More are wearing them on the streets but still a good chunk who are not or just cover their mouth. Same when I’m working in the 2nd highest rate of infection in the Peel region. 

48 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

We don't have bagged milk in Saskatchewan, though I know it existed in the past. From what I understand, it was a more efficient system than cartons at the time, but that carton tech has come a long way (in terms of durability).

There are many great Canadian carton innovators. Making those bags obsolete.

France and Germany locking down again

2717.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

BERLIN (AP) — German officials agreed to impose a four-week partial lockdown and the French government announced a nationwide lockdown Wednesday as European governments sought to stop a...

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Two things:

1. Some day AI will be able to monitor for this sort of thing (and COVID-19 in poop, like Ottawa is doing) and better track/predict outbreaks.

2. Shit.

Yeah, just to comment on one aspect of that....despite Trump predictably retreating to the excuse of increased testing causing the surge hasn't the U.S's testing stayed about the same or even dipped recently?

Edit: Also, yeah look it those Blue state suckers and their high numbers! Good thing this is only a Democrat problem!

29 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, just to comment on one aspect of that....despite Trump predictably retreating to the excuse of increased testing causing the surge hasn't the U.S's testing stayed about the same or even dipped recently?

Edit: Also, yeah look it those Blue state suckers and their high numbers! Good thing this is only a Democrat problem!

Here is a good site/infographic of where the states (and Canadian provinces) currently rank on cases per million people (you can also change some of the options and expand the individual states:

image.png
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Looking at confirmed coronavirus cases per million people, how do the U.S. states compare to Canada's provinces and territories?

Mostly rural, red states near the top.

200430104756-01-trump-kushner-0402-super
WWW.CNN.COM

President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner boasted in mid-April about how the President had cut out the doctors and scientists advising him on the unfolding coronavirus pandemic, comments that came as more than 40,000 Americans already had died from the virus, which was ravaging New York City.

There were three phases. There’s the panic phase, the pain phase and then the comeback phase. I do believe that last night symbolized kind of the beginning of the comeback phase. That doesn’t mean there’s not still a lot of pain and there won’t be pain for a while, but that basically was, we’ve now put out rules to get back to work. Trump’s now back in charge. It’s not the doctors. They’ve kind of – we have, like, a negotiated settlement.

The last thing was kind of doing the guidelines, which was interesting. And that in my mind was almost like – you know, it was almost like Trump getting the country back from the doctors. Right? In the sense that what he now did was, you know, he’s going to own the open-up.

"But the President also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?"

"So if you basically say this is coming back in the fall, don't gear up, then people won't rehire, people will stay unemployed," Kushner told Woodward. "And if you're planning for the worst-case scenario, that will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. One of the things that the President's great at is he's a cheerleader. He's trying to make people feel good about the outcome."

I learned this early on that neither party is really a party. They’re collections of tribes. Right? And so the Republican Party was a collection of a bunch of tribes. And then, you know, parties as they grow tend to be more about being exclusive than inclusive. And so, you know, you look at, like, the Republican Party platform, it’s a document meant to, like, piss people off basically. Because it’s done by activists.

Trying to get the whole audio.

• Guillotine 2

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:
200430104756-01-trump-kushner-0402-super
WWW.CNN.COM

President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner boasted in mid-April about how the President had cut out the doctors and scientists advising him on the unfolding coronavirus pandemic, comments that came as more than 40,000 Americans already had...

Trying to get the whole audio.

It really fucking sucks that this dude has five more decades left on this earth in all likelihood

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Bagged milk is best milk. Fight me. :canada:

Believe it or not, when I was a kid, they used to sell bags of milk in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  My grandmother always purchased bagged milk because I presume it was cheaper.  

7 minutes ago, vaxick said:
b9c76b06-5041-4f92-a076-3b65b0d03eff-MJS
WWW.JSONLINE.COM

The case could imperil the Democratic governor's ability to require people to wear masks and put capacity limits on bars, restaurants and stores.

Wisconsin GOP once again making a case for being the worst humans on planet earth.  

The GOP wants to make the entire country Wisconsin.