~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

26 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah I'm still rocking a 3770k and DDR3 RAM. Sigh.

19 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

No way, so am I lol

Honestly, as long as you’re OCed to 4.4-4.5ghz, there’s really no reason to upgrade from a 3770k at the moment in regards to gaming.

My daughter was good sport for her 10th birthday a few weeks ago.  No friends.  No relatives.  We didn't even go out to eat.  We did get her some presents she really wanted, and had breakfast, lunch and dinner delivered to the house, and she had a nice ice cream birthday cake as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

My daughter was good sport for her 10th birthday a few weeks ago.  No friends.  No relatives.  We didn't even go out to eat.  We did get her some presents she really wanted, and had breakfast, lunch and dinner delivered to the house, and she had a nice ice cream birthday cake as well. 

I honestly would enjoy that better than a birthday party, but I'm weird.

Birthday this year- dinner with my sister (pretty much what it would have been in a non-pandemic year)

PC - going to try to modernize it this fall. I’ve decided that I’m going to put off buying a new console for as long as possible,  which should be easy since it seems like nearly everything will come to PC eventually. 
Rising case numbers- we really suck as a country, huh?

On 10/24/2020 at 4:34 AM, Joestradamus said:

When my wife and I were both single, we were convinced by our friends to sign up on plenty of fish. I thought she was cute, messaged her, and we talked a few times on there, eventually decided to study together at the library. The rest is history, and it has been the single most genuine and loving relationship I have ever had. In these insane times, I am beyond grateful that I have her in my life. Anyway, your post just reminded me of how it started for us. Enjoy what you got now while it's there. :)

I definitely am, thanks for sharing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The "LoCkDoWnS were OnLy meant to help PrEpArE, we need to LiVe OuR LiVeS" crows are dumb because we are still not prepared.

There are people unironically still calling for protecting the vulnerable while opening up after the most protected man on the planet got COVID.

16 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

There are people unironically still calling for protecting the vulnerable while opening up after the most protected man on the planet got COVID.

Yup. Just look at the Instagram of the guy I linked to in this thread earlier, and it's nonstop saying how the lockdowns were a mistake, it's less deadly than the flu, Sweden didn't lockdown and doesn't have excess deaths this year, mandating masks is anti-freedom, etc., etc. 

I may not know the counter argument to all these points, but I'm more likely to believe the medical experts around the world (not just the US in case you don't like Fauci for whatever reason), than some fitness blowhard that just yells about fat people. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Yup. Just look at the Instagram of the guy I linked to in this thread earlier, and it's nonstop saying how the lockdowns were a mistake, it's less deadly than the flu, Sweden didn't lockdown and doesn't have excess deaths this year, mandating masks is anti-freedom, etc., etc. 

I may not know the counter argument to all these points, but I'm more likely to believe the medical experts around the world (not just the US in case you don't like Fauci for whatever reason), than some fitness blowhard that just yells about fat people. 

That’s no way to talk about Peesident Trump.

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Sweden didn't lockdown and doesn't have excess deaths this year

Whenever I hear someone say we should follow Sweden's way of handling the pandemic I ask where do they want start first ? 

National Healthcare  maybe or Government mandated sick leave not just for themselves but for their kids as well.  How about better education because in Sweden the public has tendency to do shit like listen to Scientists when they say wear masks and social distance because they arent morons.

8 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I've always figured "open up everything but protect the vulenerable" has basically synonymous with, "I don't personally know anyone in a high-risk group" since the beginning.

"Open up and and protect the vulnerable" is like when they blame poor mental healthcare for school shootings and then try to dismantle mental healthcare even further.

It's all a sop and a distraction from the fact that they couldn't care less about any of it.

Anyway, here's a great quote from Meadows....

"We're not going to control the pandemic."

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

Follow bad covid-19 takes on twitter, they've usually got a viral (heh) bad take about covid on there and information rebutting it

Spoiler