~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

23 minutes ago, Brick said:

I've been grateful, but I'm still unemployed and honestly don't know what to do. My birthday is next month too, and it's going to be so weird this year. 

My birthday was in July and I requested half a week off back in January planning to get up to something with friends... I sat around playing video games by myself all day

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Trump says US entering ‘final turn’ as scientists say situation could worsen if states ease measures designed to slow spread of virus

What's everyone's guess for deaths by Feb 28? 500,000 seems high, but possible. That would be an average above 2,000/day from now until then.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Trump says US entering ‘final turn’ as scientists say situation could worsen if states ease measures designed to slow spread of virus

What's everyone's guess for deaths by Feb 28? 500,000 seems high, but possible. That would be an average above 2,000/day from now until then.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Remember when we all argued over if 100k by election day was possible? :nervous:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

You've managed to find a girlfriend during all this? 

Yeah, funny, hadn't gone on a date at all in about 3 years.  Sent a message on OK Cupid to this lady who likes a lot of the same stuff that spoke to that, but then mentioned because she liked pineapple on pizza that there's no way this would ever work.  Got food a few times and took it to the park and kept it going, it's been slow and weird with COVID, but I don't have anything else to do but log into work, watch streaming shit, and play video games so might as well stick with it.

3 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Yeah, funny, hadn't gone on a date at all in about 3 years.  Sent a message on OK Cupid to this lady who likes a lot of the same stuff that spoke to that, but then mentioned because she liked pineapple on pizza that there's no way this would ever work.  Got food a few times and took it to the park and kept it going, it's been slow and weird with COVID, but I don't have anything else to do but log into work, watch streaming shit, and play video games so might as well stick with it.

When my wife and I were both single, we were convinced by our friends to sign up on plenty of fish. I thought she was cute, messaged her, and we talked a few times on there, eventually decided to study together at the library. The rest is history, and it has been the single most genuine and loving relationship I have ever had. In these insane times, I am beyond grateful that I have her in my life. Anyway, your post just reminded me of how it started for us. Enjoy what you got now while it's there. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, finaljedi said:

family guy vomit GIF

11 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

My birthday is in January.  I'm not looking forward to it.

My birthday is in December.  So is my son’s seventh birthday and my other son’s first birthday is in January.  I don’t do much for my own birthday, but I’ve resigned myself to the kid’s being a letdown.  My one year old clearly won’t know any better, but I told my older son that if and when things are better in the summer we can have a redo.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

So...... any plans for the old GPU?  Sadly the Titan died a few weeks back.  RIP in peace to a real one.

It was already claimed by my neighbor Joe, who really earned it by being the one to score me my 3090! Total commitment on his part! The man definitely missed some sleep to land me one! :daydream:  Just in case anyone is wondering @HGLatinBoy has claimed my new 3090 when I eventually move to the next shiny thing. :sun:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brick said:

I've been grateful, but I'm still unemployed and honestly don't know what to do. My birthday is next month too, and it's going to be so weird this year. 

Kinda the same. We got one run of salmon for our season. On our way out for our second run, our drive train seized and tore up two diesel engines, requiring dry dock. I’ve barely worked all year. Im just glad I don’t have to foot the 100k bill, especially in a pandemic. That would really suck.