~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

27 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I didn't realize things had gotten so bad again.

At a certain point I just sort of started tuning out the stories about other countries having outbreaks because it seemed like Trump and his ilk were using stories of 3 cases in New Zealand or whatever to distract from our problems.

33 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The scientists were right - the fall and the colder weather that it brings have led to an increase in positive cases.  

The surge in cases after each of the big holidays in America is going to be horrible.

I'm wondering if stores will do their normal Black Friday thing and if they do what that early December spike looks like.

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm wondering if stores will do their normal Black Friday thing and if they do what that early December spike looks like.

Some aren’t doing the Thursday night chaos opening for some stores. Apparently Walmart will be doing Cyber Black Friday sales for 3 different Friday’s in November (from what my mom read)  

Heard a news story on the radio that said we could see 20,000 more opioid deaths in 2020 than expected due to the difficulty in treating addicts during the pandemic and the increased depression rates due to isolation. I feel like these sorts of things will be easily lost when we talk about the toll this is taking on countries. Really sad.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Heard a news story on the radio that said we could see 20,000 more opioid deaths in 2020 than expected due to the difficulty in treating addicts during the pandemic and the increased depression rates due to isolation. I feel like these sorts of things will be easily lost when we talk about the toll this is taking on countries. Really sad.

Since my Gf is in forensics, I relayed this to her and asked her opinion. She said that's exactly what she's seeing, and she said "suicide season" (Thanksgiving thru early February when suicides are typically highest) started at least a month ago.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

15DC-Virus-Testing-01-videoSixteenByNine
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Some administration officials say testing Americans with no symptoms of the coronavirus would hurt the economy and restrict civil liberties. Democrats and some prominent experts say it would slow the virus and bolster economic growth.

In late September, a Nobel Prize-winning economist emailed Dr. Scott W. Atlas, a White House coronavirus adviser, in what he saw as a last-ditch effort to persuade the Trump administration to embrace a sharp increase in testing and isolating infected patients. The plan, meant to appeal to a president who has complained that positive tests make his administration look bad, would not “generate any new confirmed cases.”

Dr. Atlas, a radiologist, told the economist, Paul Romer of New York University, that there was no need to do the sort of testing he was proposing.

“That’s not appropriate health care policy,” Dr. Atlas wrote.

• Guillotine 1

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

It could be from Sturgis, but it could also because it's getting colder out. People are spending more time indoors, and people are letting their guard down. 

Possibly, but Saskatchewan is in the same range of people (1.1 million) as the Dakotas, and we have 30 to 40 new cases per day, not 1,000. It's been even colder, here. I do think it comes down to behavior, however (mask usage, gatherings), but I think that region just never took it seriously to begin with.

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Possibly, but Saskatchewan is in the same range of people (1.1 million) as the Dakotas, and we have 30 to 40 new cases per day, not 1,000. It's been even colder, here. I do think it comes down to behavior, however (mask usage, gatherings), but I think that region just never took it seriously to begin with.

Sturgis was also after the border was closed doe.

:feelsrona:

Just now, Remarkableriots said:
rs_1200x1200-201017103444-1200-dmitry.cm
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Fitness influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk has passed away due to complications related to coronavirus. His ex-wife confirmed his death in a heartbreaking Instagram post.

:feelsrona:

“Heartbreaking”

Is it though?

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I had a customer last night talking about some bullshit conspiracy theory how the virus isn't real. I wanted to punch him in the face!

I'm sorry, but that  is ridiculous. 

You should instead use range weapons, like a bo staff or a throwing spear to keep a 6 foot distance between yourself and  assholes like that. 

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm sorry, but that  is ridiculous. 

You should instead use range weapons, like a bo staff or a throwing spear to keep a 6 foot distance between yourself and  assholes like that. 

giphy.webp

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
rs_1200x1200-201017103444-1200-dmitry.cm
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Fitness influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk has passed away due to complications related to coronavirus. His ex-wife confirmed his death in a heartbreaking Instagram post.

This guy looks like mutant Ray Wise

• Haha 2