~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I don't agree. This isn't something they should be playing games with. If they can pass a bill to help people faster this way, it's a net gain for everyone.

It's just an airlines bill on the table though. 

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

I don't agree. This isn't something they should be playing games with. If they can pass a bill to help people faster this way, it's a net gain for everyone.

Republicans want this, and so do Dems. There's also an obligation to state and local governments and the millions of jobs there that need to be protected, and also the millions more who need enhanced unemployment, both of these items Republicans don't want. So yeah the loss of tens of thousands of jobs is at risk, but so are millions of government jobs and the help for millions of unemployed. You can't keep giving Republicans what they think they want and getting nothing in return! 

At this point there are two things to remember: democrats didn't get enough in negotiations for the first CARES act (Republicans _strongly needed_ corporate bailouts) and secondly Republicans don't want to help millions of people, so we can't give up the leverage needed in order to help these people. Does it suck that the lives of these people are bargaining chips? Yes, but there's a bigger picture that Republicans have no problem ignoring if leverage is given up.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

I can’t see how a transition of power can even happen safely with how all these fucking idiots just disregard everything.

I mean, Biden already knows the job even if he wasn't the one who was president. Probably better to just do an abrupt shift anyhow, plus not like this White House would actually cooperate with a transition in good faith.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean, Biden already knows the job even if he wasn't the one who was president. Probably better to just do an abrupt shift anyhow, plus not like this White House would actually cooperate with a transition in good faith.

Trump is totally going to take a lot of the artwork and furniture that has been a part of the White House for decades with him when he moves out. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

You do wonder what his true weight ks.  His White House "doctor" has always conveniently placed him at a BMI of 30 to place him on the bottom of the obese spectrum, but it's quite apparent from his golfing photos that he's holding far more weight than that.  He also has that problem nobody else on planet earth seems to have in which his height seems to increase with old age. 

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

You do wonder what his true weight ks.  His White House "doctor" has always conveniently placed him at a BMI of 30 to place him on the bottom of the obese spectrum, but it's quite apparent from his golfing photos that he's holding far more weight than that.  He also has that problem nobody else on planet earth seems to have in which his height seems to increase with old age. 

Yeah, I mean, where is this info from? We know he isn't 234 or whatever crap they were lying about before... but 322 seems too high also.

I think the dude is like 6'1" and 280ish.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Trump is totally going to take a lot of the artwork and furniture that has been a part of the White House for decades with him when he moves out. 

Wasn’t that a huge right wing talking point about the Clintons after they left in 2001? Supposedly Hillary raided all the furniture claiming they were broke?

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

From last month:

WWW.MSN.COM

Donald Trump visited Paris in November 2018, staying with the U.S. ambassador to France. While there the president took a shine to three works of art and ordered that they return with him to Washington.