~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I'm mad at myself for not wanting him to die when I learned he caught COVID-19.

It would have been better if he died. Less Americans would die. It doesn't matter if he learns a lesson or not, it doesn't matter if he's around to see his fall from grace... him dying from COVID-19 would save lives.

Imagine how this era of our history is going to be discussed in the coming decades? We're really living through some grade-A shit right now. This is insanity.

15 minutes ago, ort said:

It would have been better if he died. Less Americans would die. It doesn't matter if he learns a lesson or not, it doesn't matter if he's around to see his fall from grace... him dying from COVID-19 would save lives.

Imagine how this era of our history is going to be discussed in the coming decades? We're really living through some grade-A shit right now. This is insanity.

tenor.gif?itemid=5283257
TENOR.COM

Click to view the GIF

I know a few who are. They are lifelong Republicans who know in their hearts that Trump is a fucking national disgrace, but are still unable to really come to grips with that reality and have a lot of trouble voting for a Democrat.

1 hour ago, ort said:

I'm not joking when I say Donald Trump dying would have been the best thing for our country.

I don't wish it upon him, largely because I don't want to be a person that wishes death on someone, but it would have solved our impending constitutional crisis.

16 minutes ago, CayceG said:

No one should be undecided at this point. 

I was raised Catholic, and I sadly know a lot of people who are pretty much single issue voters. “Well yes, he’s an embarrassment and wholly unfit for office, but abortion doe. We elect a Democrat, and next thing you know every doctor in the country will start murdering babies left and right!”

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I was raised Catholic, and I sadly know a lot of people who are pretty much single issue voters. “Well yes, he’s an embarrassment and wholly unfit for office, but abortion doe. We elect a Democrat, and next thing you know every doctor in the country will start murdering babies left and right!”

You better show them this then:

Also, for the lulz:

So the WHO is now saying that 1 in 10 people have contracted COVID-19, how is that possible? That would be 760 million infected with only around 1 million dead. Either the fatality rate is way way less than what we have been told or their numbers are totally off. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-archive-united-nations-54a3a5869c9ae4ee623497691e796083

5 minutes ago, elbobo said:

So the WHO is now saying that 1 in 10 people have contracted COVID-19, how is that possible? That would be 760 million infected with only around 1 million dead. Either the fatality rate is way way less than what we have been told or their numbers are totally off. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-archive-united-nations-54a3a5869c9ae4ee623497691e796083

Probably factoring infection rate and the percentage that are asymptomatic. 

Yeah, if they have a sense of what the asymptomatic rate is, how many cases got reported as "pneumonia" that were actually COVID, etc, they can do adjustments on the officially reported numbers, which we know don't capture all the infections for a host of reasons. 

27 minutes ago, elbobo said:

The fatality rate has pretty much always been understood to be much lower than the numbers show because we are missing an incredible amount of people that have it or have had it and do not know.