~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is naturally the big story here, but people are instead playing drive-by doctor with drugs they don't understand and incomplete information.

The "he's not using hydroxychloroquine!!" stuff has big "trump criticizing trump" energy which is to say, it doesn't matter. That other doctors are looking at the medical science and contrasting it with what the walter reed doctors as saying (in addition to reports that the doctors are giving false or at least misleading reports of the president's health to boot his spirits) are pointing out the lies and distortions of the rosy picture of the president's health which he appears to be forcing his subordinates to do, again.

These most recent doctors throwing their reputation on the Trumpster fire should go back and watch Cohen's warning to people like him at the congressional hearings.

You're not the first to debase yourself for this man, you won't be the last, and don't expect any repayment in the long term.

In a week when Trump is on a ventilator and this doctor finally decides to come clean the GOP will attack him by saying, "How can you trust what he says? He's been lying about Trump's condition from the beginning!"

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

White House gift shop has a new coin up for preorder for Trump beating COVID-19. I'm not joking.

Despite the name and apparent affiliation, White House gift shop is a privately held company with no association to the government. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

These most recent doctors throwing their reputation on the Trumpster fire should go back and watch Cohen's warning to people like him at the congressional hearings.

You're not the first to debase yourself for this man, you won't be the last, and don't expect any repayment in the long term.

In a week when Trump is on a ventilator and this doctor finally decides to come clean the GOP will attack him by saying, "How can you trust what he says? He's been lying about Trump's condition from the beginning!"

You seriously think Trump is going to get put on a ventilator at this point?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I'm convinced he'll be back on the campaign trail by the end of the week. He's going to shit talk the virus and his base is going to lap it up. It may sway some "undecideds" as well. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

It was more about postulating a scenario where the GOP will Sideshow Bob this doctor once he's no longer useful and why the doctor should consider whether he wants to go down that road so many have before him. They use people's lies and mistakes that originally benefitted Trump to then discredit them if they turn on Trump.

No, my purpose was not to "predict" he would be on a ventilator in a week. However, I will reiterate that Trump is almost certainly not through the worst of this. I don't say this because I hope he dies or think he will. I say this because the timeline of his sickness says that even for someone who is not an out of shape, obese, 74 year old he is not.

They are saying he tested positive late on Thursday. That is not even 3 days ago.

President Grover Cleveland secretly had surgery to remove a tumor on a friend's yacht , and later denied it.

President William McKinley was bedridden with penumonia, and his spokesman denied it calling rumours "foolish stories".

President Woodrow Wilson was gravely ill with syphilis, and press statements said he was recovering from fatigue.

Preseident FDR had a secret underground railway made, in part, to hide the fact he was in a wheelchair after being paralyzed by polio.

President Dwight Eisenhower had a heart attack, and the press was told he had an upset stomach.

President JFK had Addison's disease, and even during the campaign, denied it.

Americans are surprised that doctors are evasive about the specifics about his treatment.

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I know, it shows who made the change. it was the OP, even though he rarely posts here these days. That's why I said he's salty. :p

What page is the indicator for the latest title change on? I went looking but couldn't find it.