~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Jesus:

It's really starting to rise in Ontario. From what I understand, limitations are being introduced again, I think 10 people max in any setting? (except classrooms of course, because fuck them kids).

Check out the blue graph of new daily cases in the top-left:

on.png

13e.jpg

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Jesus:

It's really starting to rise in Ontario. From what I understand, limitations are being introduced again, I think 10 people max in any setting? (except classrooms of course, because fuck them kids).

Check out the blue graph of new daily cases in the top-left:

on.png

Yep we fucked. I'm ready to go back to Phase 2.

spacer.png

(Not directed at school kids, the 15-30 year olds spreading everything right now.

Yeah Ontario is going to be a hotspot again. I’m sure school is a big factor in all this. I’ve seen school kids outside stores talking and yelling at each other. A couple keep the mask on but a good portion do not and it’s scary to know that this is why we can’t have nice things again. 

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

Yeah Ontario is going to be a hotspot again. I’m sure school is a big factor in all this. I’ve seen school kids outside stores talking and yelling at each other. A couple keep the mask on but a good portion do not and it’s scary to know that this is why we can’t have nice things again. 

America Jr

Largest outbreak in Saskatchewan right now is in Saskatoon (city of 300k) where 21 cases were traced to a house gathering of 40+. The homeowner has been fined $2,000, which is good. Otherwise we've been okay. The outbreaks in the rural Mennonite Colonies have largely been brought under control, fortunately, and right now there are 0-10 cases a day, generally speaking. Our schools are fully back open, but masks are mandatory in classrooms from grade 4 and up.

We have the opposite problem here. I had to stop ordering food from our chipotle because every time I went there, (like 4 times) the employees were not taking mask wearing seriously at all. Lots of noses hanging out, lots of chin masks... I mean, come on people...

I'm guessing the second wave really comes from generally younger people just not giving a shit.

Also I was listening to Our Fake History podcast about the black death. Back then they had eventually decided upon a 40 day quarantine, as it was discovered that even 30 days was not enough. Really fascinating to learn about.

Ontario is rolling back effective immediately indoor gatherings to 10 and outdoor to 25 province wide. This doesn’t effect schools, movie theatres, banquet halls and restaurants. Was for just a few regional sections a couple days ago, but we topped 400+ cases again. Not surprised to see and I await the announcement in coming weeks that schools will go back to online learning only. You know it’s coming in a matter of time

There's been a theory people have kept floating out there that once you get to about 20% exposure in a given area then herd immunity effects start kicking in because of preexisting cross-immunity of some form or another, and it seems like there are several places now that are really debunking that theory. Florida is persistently at +3,000 cases a day. New York is maybe ticking back up again. In Europe, Spain has been way up again.